Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 44660 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »

As last time, each player is an Elder of a Tribe, and each player has Animal Totem that grants them power. The Elders are in the Spirit Tent performing a ritual to help them guide the tribe. However, there is strife. A few of the Elders have conspired to remove the others from the spirit journey so that their ideas are the only ones being considered. The rest are trying to stop them.

When you sign up PM me the Animal you want as your totem. No two players can have the same animal, so sending in a few alternates is a good idea. Real animals only, please. And preferably ones that would reasonably be used as totems.

Powers will be a bit more unusual this time, and the overall power level of all players is going to be increased over last game.

Game size will be 8 min, 16 max.

Players:
  • Dariush - Loyal Elder - Tardigrade
  • Vector - Plotting Elder - Hedgehog
  • Toaster - Loyal Elder - Carp
  • Hapah - Loyal Elder - Jackal
  • Deathsword - Loyal Elder - Vulture
  • Urist Imiknorris - Loyal Elder - Giant Huntsman Spider
  • Leafsnail - DoomSpeaker - Whale
  • Tiruin - Loyal Elder - Fox
  • Captain Ford - Plotting Elder - Hippopotamus
  • Solifuge - Loyal Elder - Quetzal

Replacement Queue
  zombie urist
  notquitethere

Tardigrade, tiny bear of the mosses. This Hardy creature has taught you ways to survive even the toughest situation.

Vote Phase - Tenacious - On a Tie you count as 1 vote less, and are not lynched

Spirit Walk - Survivor - You cannot be Night Killed during the spirit walk. However, if an attempt is made against you you lose your vote for the next day as you recover.

Quetzal. A Sacred animal that has long drawn respect and awe from others. It has granted you the following abilities:

Vote Phase- Resplendent - Your votes count double

Passive - Sacred - If you are Night Killed, your killer cannot vote during the next Day phase. If you are Lynched, no one who voted for you may vote during the next Day phase.

Hedgehog, you have benefited greatly from its wisdom over the years. It grants you the following abilities:

Vote Phase - Cute - Once per day you may force another player to change their vote ( You cannot control where it goes, only that it must change from where it is)

Spirit Walk- Ball - You may curl up into a ball and become Immune to Night Kills, but may perform no other actions.

Carp. It has guided you for many years, and you have learned much from it.

Vote Phase  - Growth - You have a number of votes = to Vote Phase- 1

Spirit Walk - Gift of Luck - You may grant another player an extra vote for the next Vote Phase. They will not know who gave it to them, but they will know that their voice will count for more in the next vote.

Fox. You have run at its side through the Spirit Lands many times, and learned many things from it. It has given you the following abilities:

Vote Phase - Tricky - You may swap another player’s vote chit during the vote phase to a different player. This swap does not show up until the final vote count, but if they change their vote after the swap it has no effect. You may use this once per Vote Phase.

Spirit Walk - Curious - You may Watch another player to see where they go and what they do that night.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:23:28 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »

Basic Rules:

The rules here are very similar to the Supernatural Mafia rules set, with some tweaks to represent the flavor of this game.

Roles: Obviously there is no set role list. I will try to grant powers at least somewhat related to the animal, but don't be surprised if I take a somewhat unusual approach. After all, these are Spirit Animals, not the actual creature.

All players are Town Aligned unless noted otherwise in their Role PM.

Quoting the Mod without permission results in a Modkill and a ban from the next game I run.

PMs are not allowed unless your Role specifically allows it.

Days will go for 72 hours (Ignoring weekends) or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
    In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur.

Night will go for 24 hours, though that's somewhat flexible. If you do not have your action in within the 24 hours you run the risk of losing your action for the night, though. If you choose not to use your action, please send that instead of just waiting for me to get on with the night without you.

Extensions: Extensions require at least 25% of the living players requesting an extension. Votes against the extension will reduce the counted number requesting (so, of 8 players if 3 vote for an extension and one votes against it it's still 2 for, which is 25%, which grants the extension.)
Extensions will extend the day by 24 hours. No more then two extensions will be granted on any given game day.

Shortening works similar to Extensions but requires a majority of players to actually occur, due to the huge effect a shortening can have no the game.

All votes should be colored red to make it easy for me to spot them.

In the event of a tie, a No-Lynch will occur.

Speaking While Dead: The 'dead' may post once after they have died to comment on their death. They may not provide any information about the game in this post. After this, any posting in the game before it has ended will result in a one game ban from future games. Repeated abuse, or posts that have a major impact on the game, can result in a permaban from any future games.

You don't actually die in this one, you're just kicked out of the spirit realm and ultimately removed from the moot so that the remaining elders can decide on who will be Chief.

Scum will have special chat areas on http://www.quicktopic.com. I will PM the appropriate link to you at the start of the game or when you die.

There will be a 'Dead' chat for players who have been knocked out of the spirit realm. Chat away.

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:

Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions

All kills will be effectively simultaneous. (I may make some literary liberties with this in the PMs, though)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [0/16]
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »

In!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:09:15 pm »

In.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

In. What animal to choose...
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »

In, sending animal.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [5/16]
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »

replacment pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [5/16]
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »

In.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [6/16]
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

BTW, Meph, I'll love you forever if you make scum a cult this time.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 06:35:15 pm »

PTW.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 08:02:25 pm »

Please do not do this.

In.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Sign-ups! [7/16]
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:37:59 pm »

I'd like to request a spoil spec

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 08:51:53 pm »

Please do not do this.
The heavily religion-themed setting demands it to happen!

How long has it been since the last game with a cult, anyway?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »

Last Supernatural, I believe.  Plenty recent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:25 pm »

I looked through the past and it looks like it was Witches' Coven 2: Elven Boogaloo.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30