Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 46404 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 2 - A loss of Majesty
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »

Hapah: Why did you not include the information regarding me in your "post-from-beyond"? Why do you consider it to be premature? Could you please show us this post?
The case has too many conditionals and shaky assumptions for my taste, and I don't want to muddy the waters any more than they already are. It's worth noting that Sol himself said, in response to my concerns, "The DS case is highly conjecture-based, I wouldn't vote him before a more substantial case comes to light against him, and certainly not before Vector, or even Urist." If you really want to see it despite all that then just let me know, I guess.

Right now, however, I am inclined to believe she is town. Something interesting I noticed was how everyone automatically believed in Hapah's claim to have inspected Vector.

I believe that multiple people will have to be lynched in order to figure this insanity out, including, quite possibly, myself.
I think it's more my inspect result plus Leafsnail saying that Vector targeted him. The case isn't bulletproof by any stretch, but for D2 it's pretty damn good.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2013, 07:43:34 am »

...Waitaminute.

Vector: Did your redirect - or any of your powers, have anything that would affect the vote of the person you targeted?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2013, 10:40:00 am »

The Counting Stones
Captain Ford: Deathsword
Deathsword: Vector
Vector: Captain Ford, Hapah, Leafsnail, Toaster

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2013, 11:00:30 am »

Nope.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2013, 11:04:42 am »

I'm building up a case, but I have one question first.

Hapah and Vector:  Did you get any night flavor indicating anything similar to being led around in a circle, something delaying/changing your path, anything like that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:57 am »

I'm building up a case, but I have one question first.

Hapah and Vector:  Did you get any night flavor indicating anything similar to being led around in a circle, something delaying/changing your path, anything like that?
PFP

Just reread the PM, and can confirm I got no flavor like that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:17 am »

Well... there was a little of that.  There was an indication that I took a really long time moving around last night, but I thought that was just flavortext.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2013, 11:25:36 am »

Can you summarize the whole of your night result?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:21 pm »

Vector:
Incidentally, given that you're likely going to be lynched anyway you might as well claim your full role.

Also, what was your response to this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 19, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »

Okay.  This is the claim summary I'm working from- if I'm missing or wrong on anything, please let me know.

Spoiler: Claims (click to show/hide)

Obviously the Hapah/Vector/Leaf claims do not reconcile.  Vector is the cornerstone, so we'll start with her.

Let's assume Vector is town, and is by extension telling the truth.  This leads to Hapah incriminating Deathsword, except that Hapah specifically mentioned seeing Vector's name in his result.  Why?  Vector has not claimed any true interference with her night action.  Additionally, this calls out Leafsnail as a liar.  Tiruin's claim is not really relevant here- Leaf did take care to exclude mentioning the possibility of anyone else targeting him, but this is not proof positive either way, though the chain of events would indicate Leaf knew where Tiruin's line of questioning was going.  As a result, this assumption leads to Leafsnail being scum and either Hapah or Deathsword is scum.

If we assume Vector is scum, much changes.  From there, we assume Hapah is telling the truth.  Deathsword becomes null, as Vector naming him out becomes straight WIFOM.  Leafsnail's alignment becomes more weighted on Urist I's.  If UI is mafia, then Solifuge was the scum NK and we don't know why Vector targeted Leaf.  If UI is SK or vig, then most likely Vector was trying to NK Leaf.  Trying to deduce Leaf's alignment based on UI isn't going to get us anywhere right now.

I must conclude that Vector is most likely scum.  Given Hapah's claim to have seen Vector, specifically, and the fact that the claim chain would have outed two scum members to achieve a single town mislynch is too far out there to believe otherwise.  Everything lines up with Scum Vector.

Couple questions remain, though.

Hapah:  Why did you inspect Vector?

Vector:  Why did you think Deathsword was scummy?  I see your lines on Hapah, but you don't seem to ever have mentioned Deathsword.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2013, 01:46:51 pm »

PFP

It's worth noting that when I asked Meph if a redirect would cause me to see a different person in the flavor, the reply was basically "it depends".

I wanted to inspect an experienced player so that, even if the inspect came up Town, I'd still have a strong player that I could give a fair degree of trust. Vector specifically got chosen because some of her replies seems a little off: the messages were right, but the tone was wrong.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »

Hapah:  Did you get any oddness in the flavor that might indicate interference?

Also, can you give an example or two of something appearing "off?"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2013, 02:43:31 pm »

PFP

Nope. Talking to spirit animal, followed through forest to a clearing that I recognized, saw Vector and the strangers.

I can't really go digging since I'm PFP, but I seem to recall Vector's reply to my "why did you ask Tir that question" post. The message was about right, but the tone seemed a little...dismissive, I guess? It could just be how Vector is, but I noticed it all the same.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2013, 07:04:23 pm »

The Counting Stones
Captain Ford: Deathsword
Vector: Captain Ford, Hapah, Leafsnail, Toaster, Vector

Vector stands up and scowls at you. "Fine! Yes, I've been talking to the Strangers. If we do not adapt and join them, this tribe will whither and die! Most of you are far too foolish to see this, but I can still hope that someone with some sense becomes the next Chief. Even a Hedgehog knows that rolling into a ball and hoping trouble goes away isn't always the best option."

With a toss of her hair she stalks out of the Spirit Tent and out to the campfire outside.

The rest of you begin preparations for the next Spirit Walk. You will have plenty of time to ponder her words then.

The Spirit Walk has started. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Spirit Walk 2
« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »

The Spirit Walk is over. You begin to feel your bodies again. The blood pounding in your veins, the smoky air filling your lungs. You open your eyes and look around.

Tiruin and Toaster lie on the ground, slumped over from where they sat. You check on them, but they are fine. You imagine they'll have rather nasty headaches when they wake up, but they should recover soon enough. You summon some attendants to carry them gently out to the campfire outside to be tended to.

Once again, a whisper from the spirit realms appears in your mind.

"The Fox, Crafty and Curious. But still fond of the tribe's
Traditions."  Tiruin's face floats in your mind for a moment and then fades.

"The Carp, Wise and Lucky. Long a champion of the tribe's
Traditions."  Toaster's face floats in your mind for a moment and then fades.

Then the whisper is gone, and the solid world takes shape again.

Only Five of you left. Only one can be Chief.

Let the discussion resume.

Vote Phase 3 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30