Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210969 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1815 on: January 10, 2015, 11:24:13 pm »

Today evening I will play while partly drunk. I will be sure to edit this here post and register for posterity all these glorious drunken mistakes.

I hope I don't ram more people because I fail a BnZ manoeuver... admittedly that was pretty funny :P

Edit: first match, not doing very well, 1 kill only.

edit 2: second match, 3 kills, nothing really noticeable, didn't ram the ground due to failed maneuvers, yet !

Edit: More matches, more kills, not much, this was a rather poor session. Ah well.
Oh my god. This is genius! We need to do drunk simulation games!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 11, 2015, 03:47:47 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.0  (drinking alone is overrated anyway)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 11, 2015, 06:00:58 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116045.0  (drinking alone is overrated anyway)
Nono. Not just DF. Drunk simulation games and stuff!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 11, 2015, 02:09:30 pm »

Got TK'd 2 times today for shooting bombers without tails. Oddly enough i never say anyone have any qualms about shooting the tailles/burning bombers i "made". NOPE once a bomber drops below 3000 thousand meters half of the entire team swarms it no matter how badly damaged it is.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 11, 2015, 02:12:11 pm »

You probably got in the way of their fire as they where trying to shoot it themselves.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 11, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »

Actually both cases had them deliberately followed me. I was flying american planes and they can't really outrun anything.

Anyway changing topic. I didn't play russian planes for along time and once i finally got over to flying my Yaks again i noticed something strange. The engine was constantly overheating in both realistic and arcade.

In realistic i can barely make it to the front before the engine overheats to dangerous levels (you can't WEP on Yaks in realistic so that's not the case) usually dying completely after some time unless i reduce the torque by half.
And strangely enough it carries over to arcade as well. WEP or not the engine will overheat and become barely usable after a couple minutes with water temperature downright boiling.
It won't die completely in arcade but a YAK with an overheated engine has the performance of a damaged IL2.
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 11, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »

Yeah, this "oh noes! i'm being shot! here goes my tail!" DM is bullshit. Even more bullshit is planes not immediately dying after losing their tail.

I mean today I got two free kills by shooting at tailless Catalinas with my 2 ShVAK Mig.

Also I don't mind most fighters being fragile now, mostly because it will make people more careful.

Excepted for the heavy fighters which die far too easily... meanwhile the IL2 is EVEN more invulnerable than in 1.37/39 and the Blenheims/Beauforts are made of imported stalinwood. And of course there's them ishaks and LaGG's who can ram people and not only survive, but survive without too much performance loss.

The biplanes also seem noticeably less fragile since 1.43 (I think) as well.

I also bought the Bf109 G-2 (I think the first G is the G2). Time to grind painfully to air targets and then to the 2 gunpods.

Also my tier III german lineup has messed up BR's.

in it I have an 190/A5, the first zerstörer Me410, the first Me410/U4, the first duck and a Bf109F4 (iirc).

Meanwhile I constantly see A8's, F8's, tier 4 planes all around, Bearcats, and I even got killed by a fucking TA152 once.

Also there are reserve planes and other biplanes in nearly every match I have in tier II russian. Lots of CR42's.

tl;dr BR is bullshit, bring back the pre 1.37 tier system
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:44:36 pm by Naryar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 11, 2015, 05:52:17 pm »

Yak's have shitty engines for the most part, gotta dial them back to about 90% once they go hot and don't go too high up since that only makes it worse. Fortunately the higher tier ones get a bit better in this regard, heck, you even get WEP!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 11, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »

There is an advantage to playing with higher tier planes, though - you get very large rewards once you kill them. There are always bad players in high tier to kill.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 11, 2015, 06:05:59 pm »

Not if you're the bad player, as is the case with me most of the time. Occasionally I get the perfect game where I don't make a single shitty decision and the enemy makes them all but more often than not I'm lucky to get a kill and survive the game.
AS - IG

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: January 11, 2015, 06:11:22 pm »

I've learned that the aiming help thing in Arcade should be used as a guide but compensation should be made for the acceleration of your target.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:19 pm »

But you don't have that in RB, and I've grown tired of AB a long time ago, mostly because it's far too intense and tiring to be enjoyable for longer periods, to say nothing of the frustrating teams. RB still has the frustrating teams but it has far shorter dogfights that aren't as exhausting.
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: January 11, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

I would personally play RB only if RB:

-had better rewards than it has already (Arcade is just far superior to RB for lions and xp it's not even funny, with the exception of getting that x2 daily bonus maybe)
-was less boring (no more flying in a straight line 90% of the time, or bombers in RB being the least fun thing ever)

AB I am fine with, the only thing that annoys me is everyone climbing like UFO's (seriously this afternoon I did some prop hanging with the BUFOlo, i climbed 1000 meters in maybe 15 seconds ? what) and therefore spitting on all BnZ-only planes.

I liked RB mixed battles for a while, because maps were smaller and you could get into the action soon enough. But they died.

I also like a lot the 2x2 duels that poke in sometimes. It's really fun, and better in RB due to having not-infinite ammo. Also your teammates are actually mostly relevant unlike arcade battles.

Of course the rewards need work on these 2x2 duels but otherwise I love these events.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

well, I just was in an incredibly epic tank battle comeback, with my brother and a random pubber. this game saves replay right?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 11, 2015, 09:40:55 pm »

well, I just was in an incredibly epic tank battle comeback, with my brother and a random pubber. this game saves replay right?

You can save it in the stats screen. And i think there is a setting that automatically saves them but don't know for sure.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163