Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210981 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1800 on: January 04, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

How does the event work?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 04, 2015, 12:59:00 pm »

Yeah what are those missions anyway? i just can't seem to find any info in the launcher. found something about a free american tank and some crazy (and expired) christmas missions like "destroy 30 enemy aircraft in a T-34 to get this neat russian fighter plane"

I was getting those tokens saying i need 12 or soemthing but no idea why and for what.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 04, 2015, 04:23:27 pm »

Bah. Spent an hour or so trolling in my Tier I Russian lineup (Chaikas and Ishaks all day, erry day) to get first place in a winning game, only to find out that the Heroes thing is only valid for Tier II and up.

Fuck that noise. Only way to get top spot is to focus on air-to-air kills, and if I do that, we lose because the rest of the team is too busy derping around to remember to kill ground targets and/or capture bases.

I feel like Gaijin is making these achievements such that you have to play 23 hours a day to have a chance. Or bring a premade squadron.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 04, 2015, 04:25:50 pm »

I actually got it in my buffalo, because buffalo buffalo buffa- BANG Sorry about him. But yeah, buffalo is best tier one. So annoyed.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 04, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »

The Hellcat is pretty damn good for this one, mostly becase it's the answer to that "What can club so damn hard that it isn't even funny anymore?" question.

Tough, fast and bristling with dakka. Plus you can bring some extra democracy and bomb shit if you feel like it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 04, 2015, 07:26:43 pm »

I spend a few hours clubbing people in my IL-2 (wow it reloads rockets so fast now) to get this very award, to no avail.

I was first three times, I believe. And every time our team lost.

Well i unlocked a plane, half-unlocked another LaGG and got 30K lions, but   >:(

I actually got it in my buffalo, because buffalo buffalo buffa- BANG Sorry about him. But yeah, buffalo is best tier one. So annoyed.

Well, it climbs like the UFO it is, it's very tough, and the 12.7 freedom cals feel like 20mm's at times. So yeah.

I need to fly it moar, though. I also like the Dauntless.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:31:47 pm by Naryar »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 04, 2015, 07:51:04 pm »

Finally got the 1st place win, primarily with a P-38 (not even that upgraded). Had a single-field domination match, and racked up five kills in the first 90 seconds. First kill by diving in on the guy trying to cap the field in a hurry, and then four more while turnfighting in the snarl over the field. Yes, turnfighting in a P-38.  ???
Dat nose cannon was like a liberty laser.

Wound up with 8 kills total, plus one friendly kill when I was trying to prevent a enemy cap attempt and a friendly dove in front of my cannons at the same time.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 04, 2015, 09:22:58 pm »

The P-38 is actually really good at turning. That absolutely gigantic elevator means it's amazing at low-to-mid-speed turning, enough to keep up with a few single-engined fighters in a turnfight. Unfortunately, it's not so good at pulling up out of a dive once it starts going too fast. The Lightning actually does best at middling altitudes and short dives.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 05, 2015, 03:27:20 am »

So I went ahead and gave the MiG's a try.

Holy shit. The first one is disgusting, the only real threat you might face are Hayabusas and MC200's if they know what they're doing. Otherwise have fun outruning and murdering everything you face.

Then you get the 20mm armed one and while it has much less ammo you really don't need more than a couple of shots to tear apart anything.

This also reminded me how scary the Hayabusa is, has decent guns and is very stupidly good at climbing and turning, plus it can go kinda fast too, just be careful not to turn since it snaps you in half like bane snaps batman.
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 05, 2015, 04:40:42 pm »

Woot, "Second Deed" get!

Secret seems to be to fly US or Russian Tier II. Because you murder most everything else.

Had a streak where I was already at the top of the list with 5 kills and another five assists, but we were behind in the strategic game. So I took out by B-25 to do some bombing work. Not only eliminated a base, but took out two pillboxes and scored two more kills with my tailguns as I was spiraling down in a flaming ball. Apparently, both guys were so desperate for the kill that they were chasing my wreckage in a straight line on the way to the ground. Thanks, noobs.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 05, 2015, 05:48:59 pm »

Played one game in the PZIII and got both first and second deed in one game. I have no idea how this event works.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 05, 2015, 05:55:47 pm »

Yeah, I think it's because they're too lazy to give them different numbers so they just give you all the deeds to give you the bigger total reward the second one should bring or something.
AS - IG

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 05, 2015, 07:35:26 pm »

Got first and second today, both with the La5FN. I had almost forgot how good some planes are while farming my 190F8, AKA the only shitty 190.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 06, 2015, 06:17:13 am »

So first match today I win easily but I'm like a 100 points short of it counting for the mission.

Next match we have this crazy russian who obliterates everything all the time and I end up some 300 points behind him as well.

Next match I'm in the lead for most of the match but two stupid moves cost me two good planes and I quickly lose my top spot.

The last two matches were me carrying the shit out of them both with as much expirience as the next three guys combined, too bad I don't have a dumptruck handy to carry this much shit though since I was pretty much the only one doing anything noteworthy.

Guess that's it from me as far as this mission goes, the frustration is most definitely not worth the extra lions.

Edit:

So today I tried again, took me four games. In the end I had 2k XP, 100% battle efficency and a pretty damn good score. Still didn't get the bonus lions for some reason.

Fucking Gaijin can't they do something without fucking it up? For fucking once it would be nice to do what is asked of you and recieve what you were promised. Not a single special these holidays has worked properly for me, only the x5 bonus and that one is rather hard to fuck up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:05:52 am by Jopax »
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 10, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »

Today evening I will play while partly drunk. I will be sure to edit this here post and register for posterity all these glorious drunken mistakes.

I hope I don't ram more people because I fail a BnZ manoeuver... admittedly that was pretty funny :P

Edit: first match, not doing very well, 1 kill only.

edit 2: second match, 3 kills, nothing really noticeable, didn't ram the ground due to failed maneuvers, yet !

Edit: More matches, more kills, not much, this was a rather poor session. Ah well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:51:44 pm by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 163