Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210991 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1785 on: December 31, 2014, 05:17:10 pm »

The gun on it's perfectly capable of handling itself against the Tiger, though, as long as you can flank. Actually managing to flank, though, is its own nightmare, though I did manage to take down 2 of the damn things when I was alone with 4 of them, so it's not impossible.

You just pretty much proven the armor can't andle a tiger. the highest pen APCR shell can only pen a tiger from point blank. Other rounds can't pen it at all unless flush side and that requires flanking in a tank that is SO INTERCOURSING SLOW.

The answer is just not to use it unless you have already tier 3 tanks in your lineup.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 31, 2014, 05:27:39 pm »

I understand your argument, but I have very little trouble killing Tigers in it. The Tiger's a fast heavy tank, but it's surprisingly easy to flank. A lot of tiger pilots keep their armor pointed towards where they think the most enemies are, so if you slip around they're easy pickings, and it's ridiculously easy to get around people on most maps, because most people go towards specific places on the maps.

They force themselves down these imaginary 'lanes' like they're playing League of Legends, and that gives savvy players ample opportunity to slip through the cracks, the hills and valleys and paths and passages that very few people ever go down. Even on wide open maps like Kursk, there's still plenty of places you can maneuver and get close to the enemy, and it's amazingly exploitable.
Nothing important here, move along.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 01, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »

So I have unlocked the trollgun Me410.

Of course now I have to grind for money to train a crew to use it, and I can't seem to get kills in tier III germany/tier II russian arcade.

Because 1 kill, 4 assists only brings me 5k lions or such.

I honestly think RP gain should be a bit lower and lion gain should be better.

Nevermind being close to unlock BOTH the Bf109 G-2 and A5/U2.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 01, 2015, 04:39:13 pm »

RP gain is already low enough. If you're having issues with lions, try turning off auto-repair. Especially for later planes, it can lose you more money than you earn. Let your crew repair for a day and you can knock a few thousand off your bill, or let them repair the whole thing for free.

The German line is especially weird, because you get high-level planes really quickly once you get out of the Tier 1 doldrums. Repair costs are ridiculously high and RP earnings are also up there since you're facing planes that the other nations have to wait until late tier 3 or early tier 4 to get.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:41:24 pm by TheBronzePickle »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: January 01, 2015, 04:42:47 pm »

At what point do German planes stop making money with autorepair on?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 01, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »

Technically always, technically never. Because of how lion gain and autorepair works, you can lose money flying anything above a reserve plane if you manage to crash as soon as you take off. However, if you survive with your plane undamaged (or freshly landed and repaired) you can make money even on jets, which cost over 20,000 lions to repair fully, probably closer to 30,000.

I do know that the Bf 109s get expensive very, very quickly, with the A-4 maxing out at just over 10,000 lions if it's completely destroyed in battle, which is more than you get for a single kill. I think the 190s take longer, around the G-2. Not sure about the other lines. The Me-410s don't get that bad until up to tier 4, and even the 262 with the heavy cannon and the Arado don't get that expensive.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: January 02, 2015, 11:57:34 am »

Alright, so that me410 U4 is pretty fun... it's hard to hit BUT it trains you in better shooting.

Also it's a different flying style. Fly high, dive on things, press "é" for comedy (or you missing), never go solo unless you can out-maneuver the enemies you face, use your team as protection...

Also I got trolled pretty hard in a trollgun plane. I headon with a Ju87G and he killed me, and I didn't hit him :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:59:42 am by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

Had a cool match in my stock KV-85 (first game in it without fire extinguishers or parts)

8 shadow strike kills 9 in total. Died only from a dandom artillery strike shell that set me on fire (again no extinguisher or parts).
This thing is just glorious in it's OPness and IS looks like more of the same with some actual (for its tier since the plates on the KV-1 chasis are not as strong at tier 3 as they were on tier 2) hull armor.
Self promotion below.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: January 02, 2015, 02:00:21 pm »

Well, you have the insane armor of the KV-1 and a gun that can shoot and hit shit, so... What where you expecting exactly?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 02, 2015, 02:41:37 pm »

Well, you have the insane armor of the KV-1 and a gun that can shoot and hit shit, so... What where you expecting exactly?

Something that won't score 10 kills 9 of which were done completely undamaged by enemy fire and then add a 10'th while on and under fire from 2 seperate artillery strikes.
You just don't get to do the same shit in german tanks.... like ever.
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 02, 2015, 02:52:25 pm »

With German tanks, you try not to take hits in the first place. I've managed some insane shit in my Panzer IV, though, just by way of clever use of cover and... ahem... 'tactical repositioning'. Also known as doing absolutely insane things like rushing enemy tanks or retreating across open ground while laying fire backwards. Or just praying out loud while trying to turn tank and turret as fast as possible to kill the guys who are about to flank.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:31 am »

This lion event is well needed.

Time to play my tier 2 russian lineup. IL2, premium Christmas LaGG, that Mig with 2 cannons and I will probably unlock a La-5 soon.

More seals, more clubbing.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: January 04, 2015, 09:46:44 am »

I just can't do this damn event. Either I don't get first place or my team loses.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 04, 2015, 10:03:50 am »

I just can't do this damn event. Either I don't get first place or my team loses.

Actually yes, today i placed 3 times second and once or twice first. Of course either the team lost, either I was second.

But a few fights per day should be all you need, in the right tier and with the right planes.

Edit: Also the Mig with the 2 ShVAK's is pretty damn damaging... however, the engine likes to die whenever it takes a few hits. Realistic, for sure, but it's frustrating.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:44:18 am by Naryar »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 04, 2015, 12:38:12 pm »

Wow. I had the damn event mission in the bag. Turns out some guy on the other team had 100 more points than me. There goes my possibly only chance at ever completing this event.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 163