Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749001 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14805 on: February 12, 2015, 03:52:57 am »

Some photos from the negotiations:
Spoiler: A friendly meeting (click to show/hide)

The press conference was originally scheduled at 12:00 local time (in about 8 minutes or so). The negotiations are still ongoing.

EDIT: RT's stream shows some commotion - the microphones are being tested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrnlfXYo30
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:02:22 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:11 am »

Hah, Bored journalists, like I haven't seen that before. 
EDIT: I see no vodka or other stuff except for water in front of the journalists, no wonder they're bored.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14807 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:40 am »

Still no Polish side of the table, despite the thing happening at our doorstep, and us being the only country in the EU that borders both Russia and Ukraine.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14808 on: February 12, 2015, 04:13:26 am »

Putin has just spoken about the treaty on RT's Russian stream. Nothing definite, only standard diplomatic babble. Also, Kiev refuses to negotiate with the DNR and LNR directly.

EDIT: According to BBC, a ceasefire was actually agreed upon - it is set to begin on the 15th of February.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:22:18 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: February 12, 2015, 04:28:21 am »

February 15?

So, we will see a bloody three day assault of nearly encircled Debaltsevo then Russia will take time to resupply and regroup in preparation for the next major attack (Mariupol?)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:09 am »

nearly encircled Debaltsevo
"nearly"? It is fully encircled.
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: February 12, 2015, 07:06:58 am »

Still no Polish side of the table, despite the thing happening at our doorstep, and us being the only country in the EU that borders both Russia and Ukraine.

Quite likely, it's a because, not a despite.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14812 on: February 12, 2015, 07:21:50 am »

Nah, the French-German duo taking EU policy in their hand is quite common. If those two agrees on something, the can probably ram it through the council.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14813 on: February 12, 2015, 07:25:52 am »

True - the arguments against us being at Minsk were that we would be one-sided. Which is quite a known fact, but we are not at all willing to escalate the conflict; no one is, except for Putin, I believe.
I still think we should've been present at the negotiations. Historically, we got our own share of getting owned because some power-hungry warmonger decided he wanted all the neighbouring land, announced it loud and clear to other major countries at a conference to which we were not invited to, and then fucked those major countries, too.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: February 12, 2015, 09:08:34 am »

I love how Merkel and Hollande seem to be backing away from Poroshenko in the fifth pic like he said something wierd or something.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14815 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:52 pm »

True - the arguments against us being at Minsk were that we would be one-sided. Which is quite a known fact, but we are not at all willing to escalate the conflict; no one is, except for Putin, I believe.
I still think we should've been present at the negotiations. Historically, we got our own share of getting owned because some power-hungry warmonger decided he wanted all the neighbouring land, announced it loud and clear to other major countries at a conference to which we were not invited to, and then fucked those major countries, too.

I dont understand, what would be the reason for polish to be there? Polish in past had a lot of share of being invaded and doing invasions on other countries so again not sure why would they be there, and what factor they are in all this at this present time. Except that they are great at anti russia propaganda, that I can obviously see from your biased post.

Anyway, this new agreement (how I understand it) is a mix bag.
The most negative thing for rebels is that they need to leave the territories they got in last months back on september positions.
And that borders will be controlled by ukraine by end of year if all requirements before it are met.

The pro russian are getting their small independence, but in ukraine (like federation, but without the name).
They will have:
- complete amnesty and non-discrimination of rebels
- right for managing language policy
- ability to make agreements between central government and local self-rule structures
- central Ukrainian govt will help with Donbass' social and economic development
- central Ukrainian govt will help Donbass to establish cooperation with neighboring Russian regions (!)
- local militia forces could be created to upkeep order in Donbass (!)
- status of all deputies and official elected during implementation of the agreement cannot be prematurely revoked 

Its funny every time ukraine army is at the break point west rush to sign some peace treaty.

I dont think this will last, as both ukraine and pro russians dont get exactly what they want. But the artillery moving away is really good, as shelling of cities will stop for some time. This will again be used for rearming of troops and preparation for new campaign in spring
Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: February 12, 2015, 01:47:10 pm »

Guys, keep Russia out of this thread. Miljan, if you continue the passive-aggresiveness, I'll have to ask you to step out too.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: February 12, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »

Guys, keep Russia out of this thread. Miljan, if you continue the passive-aggresiveness, I'll have to ask you to step out too.

You are late 10 or more posts, including yours. But whatever.
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14818 on: February 12, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

Well, it's kind of dominating European politics atm anyway, outside of whatever more local stuff you have going on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14819 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »

Yeah, but Toady's been pretty clear that we should avoid the subject. The fact that it was starting to flame against is a nice indication that we shouldn't talk about it.

Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1393