Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748472 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14790 on: February 10, 2015, 09:44:53 pm »

A new round of negotiations between representatives of Russia, Novorossiya, Ukraine and the OSCE has concluded in Minsk, Belarus. Details are scarce, there are rumours claiming that the creation of a DMZ and the deployment of an international peacekeeping force are among the proposals currently being discussed by the opposing parties.
Tomorrow, the leaders of France, Germany, Russia and Ukraine will arrive in Minsk to conduct negotiations on the war in Ukraine.
Well, rumors are rumors, and until we have evidence of something in particular all we can do is idly speculate.

On that note, I'm putting my money on "same deal as last time (brief interruption in hostilities; resumption of hostilities to come at a later time determined by weather, mood of soldiers, etc.), only more so", while hedging my bets with "same deal as last time, only less so" (hooray for optimism!) and "negotiations fall through, minor escalation" (go pessimism go!). I don't think it'll be dramatically different then previous attempts, but at the same time I sense there is more desire for a deal, and possibly more consequences if one is not found.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: February 11, 2015, 01:14:10 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:44 pm »

Египетские бэндеровцы затролили.

Putin's face is a picture, my god.

Well that was awful. :))

It looks like the Egyptian dude is trying to avoid pissing himself laughing though, which just adds to how incredibly funny it is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: February 11, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »

This is a blank sig.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: February 11, 2015, 02:26:18 pm »

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:38:43 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #14795 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

Египетские бэндеровцы затролили.

Putin's face is a picture, my god.
I nearly shat myself. Dear Armok.

The same thing happened in Syria five years ago.
Arabic orchestras are bad at playing anthems, apparently.
This got me thinking though. The Syrian anthem that follows the Russian one, it doesn't sound THAT bad though? Could be imagining as I don't know it unlike Russian one. But if I'm right, what if it's the instruments they are using? I'm not musical instrument expert, but what if their trumpets are tuned differently OR maybe they are using some other kind of brass instrument that by default, dunno, just make non-mid-Eastern music sound horrible? OR a different play style?

Don't know, just a wild guess.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: February 11, 2015, 04:50:10 pm »

If Putin wants to start a war with Egypt, I would consider it justified.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »

Clearly he is fighting back tears of shame in response to Putin's pure cringe.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

I have never seen anyone's thoughts so clearly visible on their faces.
Egyptian dude: oh god oh god what are they doing this is terrible
Putin: Should a president feel this horribly awkward? Wait, am I a president or a prime minister? Dammit, I hope no-one asks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: February 11, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »

I have never seen anyone's thoughts so clearly visible on their faces.
Egyptian dude: oh god oh god what are they doing this is terribleoh god oh god this is so funny MUST NOT LAUGH
Putin: Should a president feel this horribly awkward? Wait, am I a president or a prime minister? Dammit, I hope no-one asks.

FTFY
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: February 12, 2015, 02:22:29 am »

This Minsk negotiations are...

I can say that I know no Ukrainian who believes that anything good can come out of it because singing deals with the side that has nearly 0% trustworthiness is a waste of time.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: February 12, 2015, 02:34:53 am »

An Ukraine-Russian war is also going to be a waste of time, and lives.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: February 12, 2015, 02:40:08 am »

Piece of a toilet paper can't stop a war.

Even if Ukraine will agree on all "Novorossian" conditions (that is their de facto independence coupled with veto power in Ukrainian foreign policy and social benefit payments from Ukrainian budget) this will not stop the war. Only delay it till little green man appear in some other region of Ukraine. Because what will stop Putin from repeating successful strategy?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:42:09 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: February 12, 2015, 02:54:53 am »

Piece of a toilet paper can't stop a war.

Even if Ukraine will agree on all "Novorossian" conditions (that is their de facto independence coupled with veto power in Ukrainian foreign policy and social benefit payments from Ukrainian budget) this will not stop the war. Only delay it till little green man appear in some other region of Ukraine. Because what will stop Putin from repeating successful strategy?
On the other side, the reaction is completely opposite: many supporters of Novorossiya are outraged at the very notion of DNR and LNR remaining a part of Ukraine and regard the new Minsk accords as a capitulation to Ukraine.
RT claims that the leaders of the DNR and LNR have refused to signed the document.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:59:38 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: February 12, 2015, 02:58:39 am »

Yep, I noticed this, too. Quite a lot of "Novorossiyans" do want to build their own country living in a dreamland were they are not a puppet of Russia.

Putin may lose support of such romantics if any deal with even formal Ukrainian status of DNR\LNR will be signed.
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1393