Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66748 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #1035 on: November 10, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »

((Well Tiruin isn't going to play by PM anymore are they? So wouldn't we waiting on them?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 10, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »

(oop ._. I did send a PM. But!)

Move to that octagonal area and check the goods present for our ship and crew! If possible, check out the Commodity Market, too!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 10, 2014, 11:05:54 pm »

Roll 113

((It seems I'm the one holding things up this time around. And do I keep that angry warp crystal?))

Check whether there's something to make our ship faster and more resilient/capable of defensive measures in case we're using the same as the last. If we're shipless, search for a good one to purchase/rent/requisition.

You move over to the warp crystal and touch it to see if it's still hot, burning your sleeve. If you want to collect the bounty, you should probably hunt down the bounty hunters--or wait, since they are probably on their way now, along with half the city's law enforcement. If nobody objects, however, you should definitely give the crystal to your travelmaster to see if it's still functional. Psi-locks vary in power and intensity--some of them just outright destroy the crystal, while others give a simple shock to interrupt a potential malfactor's concentration.

In the meantime, you investigate potential avenues for upgrading your vessel.
  • Speed is largely constant, as accelerations more than 50% above Terran levels make walking hard, and concentrating on tasks even harder. Wormholes are all-pervasive in the core worlds, so taking a shortcut through Ross space is likely the best you can do to cut time.
  • Slapping some armor on does not generally reduce your speed, as your engines run far below their maximal setting. However, it does require more fuel. While depots are ubiquitous in civilized space, you might have to shed some armor close to the end of the voyage or you will find yourself running dry between stops.
  • Actual defenses, as in point defense, psionically-operated active shielding, ECM measures, and so on are not for sale here. You might be able to get some parts off a ship for sale, but there are no dedicated equipment dealers on the plaza. It's mostly a civilian establishment.
  • You have your ship, although one solution to having too much armor is to purchase a tanker or two and have a skeleton crew maintain it. Alternatively, you could remote-control it.

"Now that we have free time, I may as well hone in my powers a bit."

Take a granite dagger, and practice duplicating it. Attempt to create more outlandish properties on the copies.

Assuming the duplication succeeds, sell the copies to any willing buyers.

[5] You split the dagger into seven components. The general properties of the set are as follows:
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger
Granite Dagger

After tasting some of the relatively harmless ones, you head down to street level and try to sell of of the less useful ones as novelties. [3+2] A wealthy-looking entrepreneur takes interest in your goods, and inquires about the process used to create them. He is willing to pay up to (5 ship upgrade points) for each dagger you give him, up to (200) total.

New Miniquest: Taste the Rainbow (Use Discipline of Color on food once)

Move to that octagonal area and check the goods present for our ship and crew! If possible, check out the Commodity Market, too!

While this is a civilian sector, it is not unheard of for weapons corporations to offer some of their experimental equipment for a price. Prototypes won't come cheap, however, and will cost you a lot of (ship upgrade points).

Available Prototypes:
-Personal Shielding (A blend of enchanted tech with some high-level quantum entanglement stuff. Can absorb a high-caliber bullet or two before needing to recharge on an outlet) - 10 SUP
-Tesla Cannon (Using reverse-field-pinch technology, this heavy weapon fires a bolt of plasma which liberates electrons from the target, causing it to suffer a massive electric shock in-atmosphere) - 15 SUP
-Project Onyx (A non-lethal room-scale incapacitation weapon, this single-use grenade levitates several feet into the air before selectively targeting the eyes of hostiles with dazzling lasers) - 20 SUP
-Distortion Projector [Ship Scale] (Replacing a ship's main weapon, this device creates a cone-shaped spatial distortion that makes outgoing projectiles faster, while effectively nullifying incoming fire)

((So Tiruin was Jo? Man was I way off... I was thinking Tiruin was Black lol... Anywho, I vote we go somewhere with a librabry for extra skill points.))

"I'll go and uh... take a look at the shops until we figure out what to do next. Just call my communicator if you need my help or we're leaving," Ryan says before walking off to where most of the stores are loacated. Though instead of shopping, he just looks for a bench to sit on. He's not really interested in shopping at the moment, but rather wants to continue modifying his weapons to suit him better.

Find an empty bench to sit on. Take the Arkrifle and UPGRADE to a lightweight sniper rifle form, with a longer barrel and a sniper scope and adjust the auto-aim to work with a sniper rifle. Then try UPGRADing the Riflefury to have a full auto mode, a recoil reducer (in the hopes it eliminates all recoil), and have an auto-aim like Arkrifle has.

And I doubt I could do more but... if I can, access the Arkrifle's auto-aim system (and if the upgrade went well, the RifleFury too) to have two settings, lethal and non-lethal. Instead of it always being set on lethal like it seems to be like.

To better concentrate, you move to a park, where the trees, the rolling hills, and the singing birds allow you to calmly focus on your goals, without all the technological noise of society. Of course, it's hard not to realize this is a space station when looking up you can literally see the other half of the park.

((I forget, did I decide to do exploding rolls for this RtD a while back? Oh well, I like that system so I'll do it now.))
[6/5+2 = SUPER RIFLE]

Your ArkFury doubles in length, but now features a telescoping barrel, a lightweight frame, is totally silent, and has nearly perfect aim that can compensate for wind. Unfortunately, it now uses the obscure 5x120mm cartridge, so you don't have any ammunition for it.
The RifleFury becomes more furious, sporting a 100-round drum, full-auto and double-auto setting, has two barrels, one with auto-aim, and can support airburst shockwave ammunition, which all of your ammo has mysteriously upgraded to (now that the RifleFury is the only gun that can use it). The weapon is short-ranged although the auto-aim compensates for recoil, making the inaccuracy a limitation of the design.

+2 ArkRifle+ (0/6)
+2 RifleFury+ (71/100)

"Does anyone wish to possess either the recoil-less rifle or the light machine gun?
If not im gonna sell them on the black market."

A place as big as this has to have some sort of illegal gun smuggling trade! You selectively mention the black market only around Ryan and Dominic, making sure not to indicate to any of the Aldrosians what you are planning.

You head to the city and begin to watch the sidewalks for any unusual activity. Immediately, you notice a group of shifty-looking folk all wearing dark cloaks. [6-2+3 = 5] Tracking them skillfully (despite your loud servos and heavy footsteps), you follow them into a dark alleyway between a water treatment plant and a supermarket. The shifty-looking folk remove a large slab of sheet metal (locked from the outside) covering a dim stairway leading down into the depths of the station. The stairwell seems to have been built into station's structure, and sports a minimal guard rail past the thick layer of steel representing the ground. You hear echoes of loud electronic music echoing throughout web the scaffolds and girders holding the station together.

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:43:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 10, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »

I'd better deal with that rust. It'd be rude to leave it.

Remove the rust from the wall, then search around the food market for a batch of bananas.
((Put a skill point into Geokinesis))
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:09 pm »

Good. Still a bit unexpected results, but both weapons are definitely much better. Though... Ryan now needs to to find some ammo for his Arkrifle.

After enjoying the park scenery a bit, Ryan heads to the market place for a gun store... and if that doesn't work go look for the black market place Kenjaro mentioned. Though he'd rather not deal with dangerous places...

See about doing a minor UPGRADE to the Arkrifle+ to make the auto-aim into a lock on... so I can lock onto anything I want. From heads, limbs, or if necessary, inanimate objects. So that next time I won't kill someone on accident with my weapon and makes it more useful than just a weapon.

After that, check the marketplace for bullets that fit the Arkrifle (and might as well check for the Riflefury too). If failing that, look for similar sized bullets that I could easily UPGRADE into the correct sized bullets at a later turn.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 12, 2014, 06:28:10 am »

Look around for a new weapon paying close attention to close range weapons like SMG's, shotguns and melee weapons.

Get a few quotes on how much i can sell both guns and all the warheads for.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 18, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »

((Herp derp. As said in another thread, checking the forums less these times.))

Two tankers and remote-control if we can afford it, though first check if it'd be better to do so in Andrea or Tokamak.

Oh, and check if no authority objects to giving the crystal to the travelmaster so he can check whether it's still functional.

"Such a shame I have been denied the opportunity of fighting a storm's fury."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:52:09 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:43 pm »

((eep, sorry, thought I replied to this D:
Also missing you here Caellath.

DBZ: How to spend those 3 points I have? o_O Could I get a tangible example?))

Check around for improvements to my weapon//armor; anything such as attachments that I can improve for them, and such?

I'm unsure what to spend for the ship and crew...doesn't look like my place to decide, but suggest at least.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 19, 2014, 02:27:29 am »

Roll 114

I'd better deal with that rust. It'd be rude to leave it.

Remove the rust from the wall, then search around the food market for a batch of bananas.

[3+2] The rust flakes off the wall, before appearing to sizzle out of existence on the floor. As the specks of rust shrink, the wall is returned to its former, pristine state.

New Ability: Pristine Condition [0/1]

((Note that this also reverts Top Hat Throw--and reverts your top hat to its former state. You can use it to repair your top hat no matter what damage it sustains.))

((eep, sorry, thought I replied to this D:
Also missing you here Caellath.

DBZ: How to spend those 3 points I have? o_O Could I get a tangible example?))

Check around for improvements to my weapon//armor; anything such as attachments that I can improve for them, and such?

I'm unsure what to spend for the ship and crew...doesn't look like my place to decide, but suggest at least.

((Well if you look at Dominic, he used to have Geokinesis [1/3]. With a skill point, that becomes Geokinesis [2/3]. You don't have a multitude of abilities quite yet, so I'm not really sure how you can use them. ;)

They'll last forever, though, so you can use them to make rapid gains in the future should you expand your skillset. Alternatively, I might add in traits that can be leveled, but the problem is that with a d6 each extra dice bonus is a lot for some general actions...))

[6/2 (The 2 is a measure of the side effects of the overshoot. You're good here.)] With some asking around, pleading, and cajoling, you manage to access the secret experimental lineup.

You should be able to acquire these ones for reasonable prices. They aren't so much as prototypes as they are untested products.
((This means that they are free if you roll well))

Prototypes:
-Project Arseuz (An experimental weapon that fires a swarm of rockets which hook into their target. They don't explode but can rather be remotely operated in order to move the target around)
-Graphene Cloak (The result of an experimental mass-production system for graphene-based fabrics. While sheet graphene is easy to build, this cloak consists of multiple sheets woven together using a special production process. This makes it suitable for fabric and yet great as armor. Light, gives +1 defense and stealth)
-Speedgate (A tube which, when powered, speeds up projectiles going one way and slows down those in the other direction. The field can be projected beyond the bounds of the tube at reduced effectiveness)

Look around for a new weapon paying close attention to close range weapons like SMG's, shotguns and melee weapons.

Get a few quotes on how much i can sell both guns and all the warheads for.

You descend the rickety stairs, and find a structure built from canvas, piping, and steel panels suspended within the bowels of the space station. You enter the outer door and find that the shifty looking folk you followed earlier are actually... cows. As in, they are genuine anthropomorphic cows. You dearly hope these are costumes and not some twisted abomination of genetic research.

((I've removed stored currency in the last roll because I figured that if there's anything you can get, you'd be able to get the money from groupmates and whatever. Instead, most items are free if you can roll well enough for them, and trading a weapon for another will give you bonuses to the roll. So...))

+GE-14+: +2 bonus
Pheonix MH-11: +3 bonus

You find the following items and deals across the market:
-A high-voltage whip (Stuns and electrocutes a foe, incapacitating them for at least a turn)
-An electrolaser (Similar to the whip, but with much higher lethality. It can plug into your suit for power but it requires standard D-F laser cartridges like most. It also only works in atmospheres)
-A sonic cannon (Fires an incredibly powerful blast of air. Requires only electricity, has a charge time of a couple of turns depending on how thick the atmosphere is. )
-An aim-assisted maser (A continuous heat-cannon that plugs directly into your suit. Has three barrels, can hit three targets at once)

Most of these were probably stolen from law enforcement in some sector of the galaxy.

Good. Still a bit unexpected results, but both weapons are definitely much better. Though... Ryan now needs to to find some ammo for his Arkrifle.

After enjoying the park scenery a bit, Ryan heads to the market place for a gun store... and if that doesn't work go look for the black market place Kenjaro mentioned. Though he'd rather not deal with dangerous places...

See about doing a minor UPGRADE to the Arkrifle+ to make the auto-aim into a lock on... so I can lock onto anything I want. From heads, limbs, or if necessary, inanimate objects. So that next time I won't kill someone on accident with my weapon and makes it more useful than just a weapon.

After that, check the marketplace for bullets that fit the Arkrifle (and might as well check for the Riflefury too). If failing that, look for similar sized bullets that I could easily UPGRADE into the correct sized bullets at a later turn.

[5+1/4-2] With each upgrade, your weapon grows stronger, muahaha. However, your weapons... feel... tired. Soon they might as well be nothing but figments of your imagination, made real through sheer will. If you can get access to more material you could probably refine your techniques to avoid overdoing things.

New Miniquest: Vast Arsenal (Upgrade different weapons: 0/3)
~Your rifle has been successfully upgraded

[3] You find a local gun store for enthusiasts. Your best bet is probably the hunting calibers, and while you can't find anything in particular, you purchase some ammunition that you can feasibly upgrade, and do so quietly.

[1+3] The ammunition switches as expected, in a fancy magazine as well. It fits cleanly into the body of the rifle. You run some checks to make sure it loads properly, and sure enough there are no issues.

((Herp derp. As said in another thread, checking the forums less these times.))

Two tankers and remote-control if we can afford it, though first check if it'd be better to do so in Andrea or Tokamak.

Oh, and check if no authority objects to giving the crystal to the travelmaster so he can check whether it's still functional.

"Such a shame I have been denied the opportunity of fighting a storm's fury."

Purchasing a ship can be done here on on Andrea. Equipment, however, is generally not fire sale, although Jo seems to have found an interesting prototype module for sale at the Tokamak. If you can convince them you really need it, the Navy will do you a favor and install it for you for minimal cost to your personal account. Otherwise it'll cost 15 Ship Upgrade Points ((Abstracted currency)) for one:

-Distortion Projector [Ship Scale] (Generally replacing a ship's spinal mounted weapon, this device creates a cone-shaped spatial distortion that makes outgoing projectiles faster, while effectively nullifying incoming fire by diverting it around the ship)

Tankers are simple craft, consisting of pretty much an engine and fuel for that engine. Remotely operating a ship is dangerous, but your pilot Ares has a lot of experience. He should be able to get some practice on a simulator before any high-risk maneuvers are needed.
You consult the Admiral about acquiring a tanker.

[2+1] "You can have the tankers. However, we can't guarantee you'll receive free fuel from the vendors on A3. They're not under any obligation to do it, but if you explain your cause to them they might listen."
Estimated fuel costs: 10 SUP

The Admiral explains what will happen regarding the bounty, the warp crystal, and the pirates: "Since it the captain himself has been vaporized, I'll need the warp crystal to prove to the bounty hunters we caught him. You can have it shortly after. Richards, get a team in that closet to clean it up... pay close attention to any blood left behind by those Assassins. It's rare that a powerful mage bleeds. As creepy as it sounds, our schools would love to get their hands on that blood.

Russano... what's that about a storm?"

Perfectio chimes in. "It is only a circumstance, Russano. If you truly wish to face one of your homeworld's storms, we can go back. But I'm not sure what your crew would think about waiting any longer."

Plagued with nostalgia, you step over next to one of the holographic panels on the wall, simulating what a window would look like if it were there. The 3d display allows you to perceive your homeworld in its full glory as its oceans reflect the sun. And it's been a while since you've seen it.

Man, what a sight.

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 19, 2014, 02:57:32 pm »

((I guess there's a limit to how many times I can upgrade something. Would adding material and scrap parts to my upgrades help reduce penalties I'll start to get from upgrading a bunch?))

Ryan's all ready to go. Though, maybe he could help out some of the others while he waits. He get's on the communicator and starts talking to the rest of the group.

"Hey... guys... I'm ready... but I figured if you got any equipment you want upgraded... I could do that real quick while we have time..."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 19, 2014, 04:37:44 pm »

Attempt to acquire the electro-whip trading the phoenix if necessary, keep the heat warhead if possible.
Then go look for some smgs and machine pistols.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:40:13 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 19, 2014, 06:41:15 pm »

((I guess there's a limit to how many times I can upgrade something. Would adding material and scrap parts to my upgrades help reduce penalties I'll start to get from upgrading a bunch?))

Ryan's all ready to go. Though, maybe he could help out some of the others while he waits. He get's on the communicator and starts talking to the rest of the group.

"Hey... guys... I'm ready... but I figured if you got any equipment you want upgraded... I could do that real quick while we have time..."

((You can do it indefinitely, but there may be plot implications))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 19, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

((Oh.... what I cause reality to go "BOOM!" or something?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 20, 2014, 03:06:42 pm »

((Oh.... what I cause reality to go "BOOM!" or something?))

((Well if you get 1's they are an avenue of failure, so to speak.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 24, 2014, 07:07:28 am »

((I thought I had replied here :X))

Josephine balanced the equations of either gambling a buy with her skills in adequate compensation, or trying a simple method with the merchants to ensure in the very least a prototype would be had for their ship--as she was technically now a companion of the warlock Russano.

Considering they were confidential and experimental, her words had gotten her this far. Knowing the prowess and capabilities of the rest of her companions, all would be nearly assured to be given away if she managed her words right.

Though what to say...

"Excuse me dear merchant. These is a fascinating array of equipment, though they look...fairly new and procedurally untested within bounds out of paper."

The Knight caressed the cloak with the tip of her index finger, feeling the intricate subtlety of the weave inside. "Is it possible to retrieve your contact data, and in exchange me and my compatriots would be testing these three devices in the field? I ensure blatant honesty as a result, and knowing from where these ideas are made--they're in need of further advancement."

She was glad she had her contact information within her headset.

BARGAIN IT UP!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75