Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66738 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #1005 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:42 pm »

Roll 109

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You rush over to the crippled Heavy and prepare to bash his head with the flat of your axe. [1+1] vs (3+2) You are bashed instead, as the Heavy swats your arm out of the way and slams the defunct laser cannon into your body, sending you into the wall. Kenjaro uses the opportunity to strike the enemy and finish him off, allowing you to recover and confront Green.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[5] You take advantage of the Heavy's diverted attention and swoop in with your axe for the final blow. The heavy is unable to defend against your attack.

[1+1+2] vs (n/a) You plant the axe directly into the heavy's upper torso, killing the suit operator.

New Miniquest: Interruption (Attack targets while they target another person: 1/3)

Suddenly your suit locks up... you can forcibly move the limbs around, but the motors have gone dead somehow. There is a rippling effect permeating throughout the room, originating from Ryan's head. That technomancer just disabled everything!

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Well, Kenjaro seems to be doing quite a job at killing anything you leave behind anyway, so perhaps mortally wounding that particular guy didn't really change anything. Quite a moral quandary though...

[5-5+2] As you attempt to modify the pistol again, you feel psionic forces interrupting the natural flow of thoughts. You get a feeling much like the anger inside of you when you are arguing with someone and they disregard your argument... Well, you might as well show them who has the upper hand! You divert the act of 'disabling' your powers directly into the effect of a spell, causing the weapons and armor of all of the other people in the room to shut off immediately.

New Trait: Memory Leak (If your spells are interrupted by another spell, disable all nearby technology for the next turn and continue to cast. Can be toggled.) (ON)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Green announces, without a hint of emotion, that the pirate leader is dead, launched across the room as a result of the crystal exploding in his hands. The pressure wave knocked out Yellow and Black, and the psi-lock emitted a silencing wave characteristic of such things. Blue wasn't able to stop it before it went off, and so now the Fellowship was stuck with a mutilated body, the artifact (now hot to the touch), and two injured members.

Green explains that the psi-lock has temporarily affected everyone's powers, and he isn't sure when it'll expire, as that would require psionics to determine. Jo asks him about the nature of psi-locks as she isn't too familiar with their inner workings, which he explains to her.

[5] Regardless, you are able to purge the effect from yourself as soon as you are made aware of what caused it. Your powers are now restored! Something
Miniquest Auto-Complete: Cleanse All Debuffs
New Ability: Transcendence (If you roll above a 3, you can transfer all psionic effects from yourself or remove them outright, gaining a bonus to your next action based on the number of effects cleansed. This ability is not affected by any penalties.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:08:39 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 26, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

Russano manages to suppress a slight smile when Green mentions Yellow and Black were knocked out. That would be uncouth, though the fact two of the biggest bothers during their standoff were defeated by the psicrystal's explosion. "I will be with you in a moment, gentleman; I am a foot short, see." he explains, trying to concentrate again after making sure he has gotten rid of the silencing effect.

Once more try to Universal Clock the foot back in place, and only after success follow Green to heal his comrades.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 26, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »

"D-damnit!" Ryan yells out when his powers didn't work again. He tosses away his gun not far from him in anger a bit and turns to review the situation. He hasn't noticed too much he disabled everything nearby. Though he has a vague sense that he might've done something like that...

look around to updated on the situation. (Since I'm slightly lost and I can't think of anything to do atm since I think the shotters are dead mostly I think.)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 03, 2014, 08:26:38 pm »

"Brigands! The man you were fighting for is dead, and thus you have no reason to continue hostilities! Lay down your weapons and ammunition (especially any expensive and high value ones) and peacefully enter custody. I expect no resistance. You will allow the authorities to carry out their duties."

Attempt to end the conflict peacefully, while making sure the weapons are secure away from any dissenters. Than proceed to check on the state of the fellowship.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 04, 2014, 11:39:36 pm »

Roll 110

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5+2+1+1] Your words are met with silence, although the silence is accompanied by a refreshing lack of gunfire. The fight is finally over, and what few remnants of the enemy forces are now stunned and blinded on the floor, unable to see or hear.

You begin the process of collecting arms from the fallen soldiers and laying them out on the floor. You collect [4]:
-Various SMG's and assault rifles from different manufacturers. You can find one with pretty much any property you desire out of one, although they are all generic and hardly augmented in any way.
-Several marksman rifles with enhanced optics and tracking software. Once again, from various manufacturers, although you can find pretty much any combination of gyroscopic stabilization, acoustic tracking, and infra-red imaging among them.
-A single light machine gun, painted with a shark's face and fed by a belt attached to a bag slung over the shoulder.
-A reconciles rifle, along with ammunition coming in various flavors: smoke, stun, H.E.A.T., and H.E.
-A laser weapon with various fire modes. It can switch to a single, powerful blast or an energy-efficient rapid-fire mode that doesn't pierce armor easily.

You stand guard while Dominic picks up weapons and lines them up a few meters away from the pile of bodies, strung together by the web of steel tendrils you produced.

Someone from one of the ship service doors is bashing on the airlock door from the other side. It looks like your suit is still disabled as well, so you sluggishly reach for your scythe in case something as basic as your shotgun doesn't work.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

It seems the battle is over. Dominic is collecting weapons from the stunned pirates, although you don't sense the weapon's presence even though they are being laid out in plain sight. Something is still blocking your powers.

Jo stands up and rushes to Green in order to apply her medical training. Since your powers aren't functioning, you assume everyone else's are also disabled.

The technology that was previously disabled by Ryan is now online again. The airlock doors, which Kenjaro heard bashing from, now open and some medical personnel show up. These are official Emergency Technicians of the Royal Guard, as made clear by the characteristic slanted red cross painted over their entire white uniform, front and back.

Perfectio emerges from behind them, along with the captain of the commanding officer of the Veritas, Grand Admiral Horatio Ignatius. The Admiral steps forward, expecting a salute. Perfectio obliges even though he is outside of the Admiral's field of view. Jo, walking to Green, does not salute. Instead, she makes the official hand signal to indicate that the situation is an emergency and that she is tending to the needs of others. He nods in response, and turns his attention to you.

The Admiral begins to open his mouth to order that you stand up, but then sees your foot. Cauterized by the burst of heat from the incendiary round, there was minimal splattering of blood or anything that would smear your robe and make it clear that you were injured, aside from the fact that you were lying on the ground.

[3+1] You revert your foot back to its undamaged state. The reality-altering effects of your abilities are clear however, and the admiral changes his expression from one of concern to one of disgust. It seems his memory has been altered to what it would be had your leg never been blown off.
"What's this, Russano? Lying around on the job?"

[After Russano's reaction]

Green and Jo walk into the hall, remaining inside for the duration of the events. Blue comes out during the meantime and explains the situation more explicitly.
"So while you guys were fighting, that pirate scum managed to cut his way out of the... plants. He ran off and the three of us tried to follow him. Black could have easily caught him, but he was too distracted by the fighting. Needless to say, by the time Black heard us and rushed over to stop the pirate, the psi-lock went off. We're not sure if the criminal was intending to kill himself or not... but he's dead now.

Anyway, we need to get Black and Yellow to safety. If you have any skills that are relevant, now would be a good time to speak up. Afterwards we can talk about getting to Arcas."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:09 am »

"I... guess it's over..." Ryan mumbles to himself. He walks over to the pile of bodies... trying not to dwell too much on his first time killing someone (that he has memory of that is) even if it was an accident and do something helpful... such as tying up the ones still alive but stunned so they can't get away...

Since Russano is talking to someone, Ryan asks Kenjaro and Dominic if they know what's interfering with their powers.

Turn off memory leak for now, and find something to tie up the stunned shooters and... tie them up.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2014, 01:28:02 pm »

Ah, the unfortunate problems caused by trying to employ resourceful solutions to these problems - he should work more on his healing ability so this kind of misunderstanding stops happening. "Sir, I have just finished recovering my foot, which had been blown off by a shot. Unfortunately, it seems that doing so via time manipulation-based psionics had the collateral effect of having you perceiving this as if I had never received said injury. Rest assured, however, that just a moment now I was a foot short." Russano explains without a hint of hesitation, standing up and saluting.

"And at the moment, there are several wounded people who need my attention."

Try to help the wounded or dead guards/innocent bystanders via Universal Clock or Breeze of Life depending on the severity of their situation. Then move on to help the Fellowship.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 16, 2014, 08:33:06 pm »

"Now that this disturbance is dealt with, we can hopefully continue with our mission."

Collect the laser weapon, then head to the fellowship to assist in any way I can.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 16, 2014, 09:11:39 pm »

"Now that this disturbance is dealt with, we can hopefully continue with our mission."

Collect the laser weapon, then head to the fellowship to assist in any way I can.

((I think Kenjaro might have a better claim to it, seeing as he is the power-armored mega soldier in your party.

That is, if Unholy Pariah responds, seeing as he didn't respond last time.

Also, I apologize to everyone for the lack of activity. Having an exam plus labs plus several assignments plus meetings with professors kind of killed my motivation in the past week. It's better now. I'll give it a day for now to see if Pariah notices.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:13:56 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 16, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »

((My apologies gentlemen, i have been out of the country for 3 weeks and my phone is network locked to a network they dont haveover there.))

Grab the other two guns and allow HEN to take the laser, im more of a kinetic energy kinda guy anyway.
Assist him in assisting the fellowship.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 17, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »

Roll 111

-Weapons picked up for Dominic + Kenjaro
-New mechanic: Weight gives penalties if your strength isn't up to par

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

After securing your loot--after all, you wouldn't want to come back only to find the pie divided while you were away--the both of you approach the service hallway where the incident supposedly occurred. As you come closer, you both notice an overwhelming psionic presence snuffing out your powers, despite not having much in the way of extrasensory capabilities as Russano and Ryan seem to have.

Jo is currently treating Yellow, who is leaning against the wall unconscious. He seems to have been injured by a tool-hanging pin on the wall, which left a stab wound on the right side of his back torso. Jo explains that it will probably require surgery to fix, as he will just pass out again due to pain if he comes to.

Local Effect: Warp Interference (-2 to all powers)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

You work with the guards to secure the injured, stabbed, bruised, burned, and bleeding pirates. You try not to feel sorry for them considering many of the guards you are working with were previously gunned down and presumably killed by them! Russano's ability to turn back time never ceases to amaze you.

[3+1] With an expert application of your timekeeping skills, you revert the local area to its former state, cleaning up property damage as well as minor injuries sustained by the various bystanders in the room, as well as healing the guards who were previously gunned down by the intruders. They pop back on their feet, although Perfectio hardly seems to notice and the Admiral doesn't flinch.

One bystander, blinded by Dominic's grenade, appears to have evaded your notice up until now. Since you have no recollection of his prior state, you are unable to revert him. [4+1] Instead, you conjure a breeze of life to take away his blindness.

You continue to the service closet where the Fellowship's... incident... occurred. The artifact--definitely a warp crystal, glowing a bright green and painting the otherwise dimly lit room a vivid green--is hot to the touch and sitting on the floor in the center of the room. The remains of the pirate leader are difficult to find, but you can at least locate charred parts of him scattered around the room. His torso ceased to exist after the blast.

Black is sitting against the wall, hurt but not significantly injured. Yellow is currently receiving treatment from Jo. She informs you that he was launched against a metal hanging pin on the wall, which stabbed him in the back and must have thrust one of his ribs into his lung. He will not come to until the lung and rib are repaired, as the pain will just cause him to pass out yet again.
Local Effect: Warp Interference (-2 to all powers)
It seems that the warp crystal itself is interfering with your powers. [3-2+1] An attempt at casting a breeze of life to heal Yellow results in failure, snuffed out by the overwhelming psionic flux surrounding the crystal.

Your charge expires.

Spoiler: Warp Crystals (click to show/hide)

Blue and Green start discussing contingencies.
"If Yellow remains unconscious, I don't want to leave him here in case the Crown wants revenge for what we did a few cycles ago."
"We need to find a quick trip to Arcas, too. I would have suggested finding some magus of high prominence that can bring us there, but an individual with such astronomical powers would surely be on record locally if he were present. We will have to search elsewhere."
"Well, if we could take a ship..."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:10:16 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 17, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »

"We do not have time for surgery, i will remove his injuries."

Drag yellow out of the psionic crystals zone of influence and then cast life tap and use essence transfer to pull his injuries onto myself or one of the pirates. Preferably the pirate.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:31 pm »

Kenjaro is the first to act, and begins by starting to pick up the unconscious Yellow mage-assassin. [1] But alas, Jo objects, stating that moving the injured person from their location might only exacerbate their wounds. There is a small hint of doubt in her voice.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 17, 2014, 08:36:03 pm »

"If we do not remove him from this psionic interference then healing him with abilities will be impossible, either he or the source must be removed from this area and i dont believe i have the expertise required to manipulate glowing booby trapped space rocks without vaporizing us all".

Wait for yellow to no longer be under the psi-lock influence, once free of restriction use life tap and essence transfer to heal him.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:04:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 19, 2014, 05:49:20 pm »

Ryan looks around a bit... not having anything to do since the situration has no need of his abilities... so he plays around a bit with his upgrade powers, wanting to test something...

Grab the crappiest looking gun from the pile attempt fuse it with my gun by UPGRADING! them both at the same time. Should it matter, have my gun be the base of the fusion... if you get what I mean.

After that, ask some one in our group if there's anything I can help with.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 75