Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How powerful should time cops be?

Much less powerful than the PC's, make numbers their only advantage.
- 1 (7.7%)
Better gear, but a less powerful time machine.
- 0 (0%)
Put them on the same footing.
- 1 (7.7%)
Give them similar powers, as well as an extra point or two for future gear.
- 11 (84.6%)
Time cops are a horrible idea, and you should feel bad.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Time Travel, Turn 3: Totally not an hour and a half late.  (Read 6517 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to time travel
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

Err, the Manhatten Project took place in Los Alamos.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »

there was a reaserch facility at the University of chicago at which, among other things, the first nuclear reactor was built, and that could have caused a lot of troubles if handled incorrectly. For instance, a cloud of highly radioactive gas over chicago that would kill most of the people there.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 08:41:54 pm »

there was a reaserch facility at the University of chicago at which, among other things, the first nuclear reactor was built, and that could have caused a lot of troubles if handled incorrectly. For instance, a cloud of highly radioactive gas over chicago that would kill most of the people there.
I'm fine with that, and that Virgina was where most reactors were built, it's just that unless the skeptic scientists were right and the bomb lit the atmosphere on fire, NYC was never in danger.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:27 pm »

I don't mention NYC any more. I admit that I was stupid when I first posted, but I fixed it. hopefully we can stop arguing now because I honestly feel bad about the mistake. I'm sorry.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »

Oh now, it's not an argument. I just felt like mentioning that Scientists thought it would light the entire atmostphere on fire and went ahead with it, and this seemed a way to bring ti up.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 09:43:20 pm »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:10:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »

Hey GreatWyrmGold, your math is off by one, you need to deduct a point or add another penalty somewhere.
Fixing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 02:05:34 am »

The time machine is in the shape of a gauntlet.  It comes with a beacon that allows the user to the place it was set up at.
I read the first sentence, then I thought it would be the same Power Glove that Teleporting Fat Guy used, then I read the rest.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 01:18:23 pm »

I read the first sentence, then I thought it would be the same Power Glove that Teleporting Fat Guy used, then I read the rest.

What Teleporting Fat Guy?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:47 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejc9GrooSKg
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL4iiNcjRJ0
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:48 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejc9GrooSKg
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL4iiNcjRJ0

Got any non-youtube description?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »

Alright, player applications have been selected and added to the OP. If you were lucky enough to make the cut, please review your application for any changes I made to your extra features, if you have any objection, please let me know and we'll try to work something out.

Aside from that, please just post the date and location of your first attempted time-jump, and we'll get started.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 02:38:30 pm »

It didnt take Ryan long to work out what the device claimed to be. However, until it had actually moved him in time, he would be very skeptical. Better safe than sorry for the first jump Ryan didnt want to end up in 7th century Thailand just yet. Whoever was down here in the basement yesterday was about to have a nasty shock.

Programme the baton to take me to the same spot on the previous day as a test run.
This is a blank sig.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »

((Shame I didn't get in, but I'll be watching anyway, go rock that time stream!

Also I've decided to tell you all my master plan for my character, using my TIME MACHINE! TM I would travel to the future and get a device for the removal of D.N.A. from a creature, and another device for the insertion o D.N.A. into another body.
I would take frog D.N.A. and go back to the first few years of this stage in human evolution and insert the frog D.N.A. into the first few humans, then using my time machines memory keeper thingy I would see how it would affect humans in the present, then change my plan as needed, To create a race of humanoid frog creatures!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8