Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39144 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:09 am »

"What of the plants that are used to make combat drugs? Could they be eliciting...false reports among the populace?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2012, 08:24:07 am »

Allion turns and nods at Roth.
"Good point. On that note, is it possible that the combat drugs may have contaminated the water supply?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2012, 12:04:20 pm »

Lemanov scratches his chin, trying to analyze the situation. Various mysterious deaths, occurrences and portents, but were all of those true? They did happen to see something unusual in the desert, was that connected to what they had recently saw in the desert, during their trip. The dead man and the image...

"Sir, did you witness any of these occurrences?" the knight asks the abbot. "And if not you, has anyone you trust deeply or any people of higher position in this settlement seen them?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 04, 2012, 12:42:56 am »

Argia's hand immeditly shoots into the air "Lord Abbot, where are most of the phenoma occuring?
"The most consistent phenomena has been the lights in the hills and unexplained sicknesses among the pilgrims."

"What security does Stern Hope have? In what areas are the phenomena occurring, who sees them, when do they see them? Have there been any... mundane things going on? Where is the nearest armoury?"
"We are protected by the pilgrims, some of them brought weapons with them, and Brother Lamark and Brother Severus both have military training. The camps around the cathedral are most effected, it seems that another goes missing every week. Up in the heights above the settlement, several bodies were found, possibly bandits judging by their scattered gear. We don't have an armoury."

"My lord, has this place any security force at all? Sisters, tribes or even guardsmen? And has there been any trouble of any sorts within this Cathedral? Many places to hide in here, I would believe."
"No, there hasn't been any trouble in the cathedral."

"Might there be any... undesirable elements-- say, members of local, tribal religions or the like-- who could be against the worship of the Saint on what they regard as their land? Perhaps they are to blame for all of this, trying to scare your noble flock away? 'Twould certainly simplify the whole unpleasant business if an ordinary, flesh-and-blood person were to blame for it all."
"There haven't been any attacks on Stern Hope since it was founded. The local Ashleen tribe has been particularly cooperative since Esha Raine decided it was in her best interests to assisst us."

"What of the plants that are used to make combat drugs? Could they be eliciting...false reports among the populace?"
"Ghostfire pollen is an ingredient in frenzon but I've never heard of it causing hallucinations before."

"On that note, is it possible that the combat drugs may have contaminated the water supply?"
"No, frenzon is an inhaled drug. There would be many more deaths if it had contaminated the water supplies."

"Sir, did you witness any of these occurrences?" the knight asks the abbot. "And if not you, has anyone you trust deeply or any people of higher position in this settlement seen them?"
"Lamark led the patrol that found the bodies in the hills but neither Severus or I have experienced anything unusual."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 04, 2012, 12:45:13 am »

"Tell us about Esha Raine."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:06 am »

"Abbot, do you staunchly believe those are supernatural occurrences or do you have a suspicion they may be mundane attacks from ones who do not like this cathedral and outsiders in general?" Lemanov asks. "Since you are a wise man, I suppose your opinion weighs heavily."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2012, 12:49:23 am »

"Tell us about Esha Raine."
"Among her people she is called a 'Death Singer', a title that has a literal meaning among the Ashleen as “one who sings for those who have been killed”. She would seem a witch were it not for her staunch faith in His power to unite the tribes of Iocanthos under the banner of the Imperium."

"Abbot, do you staunchly believe those are supernatural occurrences or do you have a suspicion they may be mundane attacks from ones who do not like this cathedral and outsiders in general?" Lemanov asks. "Since you are a wise man, I suppose your opinion weighs heavily."
"What else would seek to prevent the consecration of the cathedral but the forces of the Archenemy? Now if you'll excuse me, I must prepare for tomorrow's ceremony. May the Emperor watch over you."

As the party exits the cathedral, Aristarchus instructs them to conduct the investigation in his absence and retires back to his room at the Clota

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 05, 2012, 01:09:42 am »

Allion turns to his companions, ready to get to work. He had a solid lead: A woman by the name of Esha Raine who held an almost pagan position among her people.
"I will meet this Esha Raine. Lemanov, can you come with me? I'm not so sure that this woman isn't a witch and anyway the Ashleen would more likely talk to a warrior, not an assassin. Roth, can you scan around the cathedral for anything of a... psychic nature?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2012, 08:21:43 am »

"I'd rather stay and investigate, Allion. Take Mira, she's a guardswoman with a sword and apparently she has enough skill to know for real how to wield it." he says, moving from his position to look around the cathedral. "Also, we shouldn't bother such an authority that is regarded with such respect among the people here until we have at least pursued other ways of investigation."

The young man stops, and stares at Allion. "The sensible thing to do is generally the right thing to do when dealing with figures of power. And even if she was a witch like you suspect, we should wait until all of us are ready to meet her. Two acolytes are no match for a sorcerer of the ruinous powers."

Search around the cathedral.
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 05, 2012, 07:13:10 pm »

>Hurk, having not much idea of what to do, will simply follow one of his companions- either Allion, or someone on their own.

"This 'Death Singer' madam sounds rather a likely suspect to me. Could well be some sort of mad cultist out for Loyal blood, goodness, perhaps the whole reason she's supporting the building of the Cathedral is to lure all the good worshippers into a trap."
He glanced back at the building uncertainly. "For all we know, the whole building's rigged to explode in time with the ceremony!"

He slapped his hat back on for emphasis, then frowned at his own words. "No, no... That won't do," He muttered to himself, then spoke louder, "I shouldn't be saying such things without ever having met the woman myself; such speculation is nothing short of slander. My apologies."

>Observe the surroundings as I stroll along, probably with Allion. Keep an especially close eye on any Ashleen we pass.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 05, 2012, 08:43:22 pm »

"Very well Lemanov. Do you wish me to do anything?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:21 pm »

"Very well Lemanov. Do you wish me to do anything?"

"You could assist me in the examination of this room, if you don't mind." the knight said, calmly walking and running his fingers across the wall. "I believe your perception may help us here."
>Yes?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:44 pm »

"This Raine person does seem a bit suspicious, doesn't she? She seems to be our main lead."

Follow Allion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22:55 am »

"Very well Lemanov." Allion sighs, walking over to the wall. "Check the floor for scrapes, scuffing, anything suspicious. On the wall look for off-colour sections and anything that looks like it is out of place."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:23 am »

Allion, Bernant, Lemanov and Lyssian fan out and begin examining the cathedral for anything suspicious. Nothing stands out but they do discover that the various murals on the walls vary wildly in quality, the black stone floors are meticulously clean, the pews seem to be unused and there is an above average amount of dirt under Gabriel's fingernails.

There is a loud knocking sound and a shadow moves across the skylight traveling from west to east.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41