Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39108 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #555 on: December 07, 2012, 07:23:27 am »

Bernant frowned. "Now, now, I'm hardly throwing a 'fit', I'm merely pointing out that we have eight people. To me that seems more than enough to follow two leads at once, correct? We don't all need to be running after what is most likely either some kind of bird or a rather dedicated member of the Cathedral cleaning staff."
He broke into a jog for a couple of steps to catch up to Lemanov, then went on, "I mean, certainly, perhaps it is something worth checking out, but I'm sure a few of us can handle that whilst a few others sniff about the town, so to speak."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:33:48 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 07, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

"Look, Hurk. Once we've dealt with this, I was hoping I could get you to come with me to visit any more... affluent citizens around here. I thought you might be able to converse more on their level."

>Search the sky.
>Run after Lemanov, keeping low and moving from cover to cover.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 07, 2012, 07:39:05 am »

"There is no problem, Hurk. You can go and check the town with anyone who wishes to follow you." he answers with a smile before turning his eyes to the sky. "I'd just rather keep the group together for the moment."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:54 am »

"A prank, a bomb...let's be frank with each other Gabriel," Mira said as she strode back from the altar and addressing her fellow guard. "Why would anyone give you an explosive collar? In the first place, your only presumed crime was being assertive and...hopefully, bad wording on your part. Slapping a local in the face, and being a psyker-attacker. Wait, redact the last one.

"Still, you talk about psykers, yes? Can you actively sense if there are any around - except from our allies, that is - and also, can you tell me if this Cathedral has any suspicious locations? I'll be checking the Rectory, as I only now remember that I was supposed to accompany the others at the moment. Slipped my mind anyway.

"Before I go, are you OK, Gabe?"

Check ye Rectory!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 07, 2012, 08:35:28 am »

"I have a vague feeling if any are close but beyond that it's just paying attention to the signs around us. I'll go with you, we should not move alone until we know whats going on."                                                                          Stay with Mira, look for signs of the warp or anything odd.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 08, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

Mister Hurk walks down from the cathedral and tries to blend amongst the pilgrims' tents. The combination of the local clothing and his experience means that nobody gives him a second glance. You notice that the Ashleen, with their blue flame tattoos, mingle effortlessly with the other pilgrims. They seem to be united by their faith in the Emperor.

Mira and Gabriel walk down to the Priory and fall in behind Argia at the door.

Lemanov, Allion, Lyssian, Roth and Anya ((and Alba?)) run for the north gate in pursuit of the shadow. As they chase the shadow into the hills, Lemanov looks to the sky, he sees some circling Shale Crows but nothing that could be casting so big a shadow. Allion darts from cover to cover but the shadow doesn't seem to look back, always seeming to be one step ahead of them, darting behind a rock or over the crest of a hill.

High in the hills they lose track of it. They find themselves with a cliff on one side and a drop on the other with about ten meters in between. They don't see it until it's too late.

A beast drops down from the rocks above and charges Lemanov. It lashes out at his left leg with a barbed tongue and leaves deep scratches on his skin.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:26:12 am by NobodyPro »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 08, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »

Open fire.

Please note that my laspistol is supposed to be already out, your status is incorrect.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 09, 2012, 12:24:18 am »

((And then in the end...Yes! At least I didn't make you run after an illusion. :P))

Lemanov grunted quietly as he was hit, quickly wiping out his shotgun and preparing for combat. "Search for cover! Make more difficult for it to reach you and take it down."

He then started to look for cover himself, quickly drawing his shotgun.

Quick Draw shotgun, search for cover and hide behind it then shoot at the creature.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:46 am »

"I have a few questions to ask you, have you een anyone suspicous or weird at all lately?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:55 am »

Bash the creature away with my staff, then help Lemanov to cover.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

Jump into cover.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »

Ask Argia if she's heard anything new.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:57:30 pm by mesor »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:08 pm »

Ask Argia if he's heard anything new.
((SHE!))
"Shhhh...I'm in the middle of asking the nice man some questions, go off and find the others would you!" Argia shoos him/her off.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 09, 2012, 11:19:55 pm »

"I have a few questions to ask you, have you een anyone suspicous or weird at all lately?"
"No." says Severus as he gestures for the three of you to enter the priory. The interior is sparsely decorated, the walls adorned with images and icons of the Cult of the God-Emperor. The ground floor consists of a large common area and a few adjoining rooms serving as stores, ablutions and a kitchen. He picks up a crude mug containing what smells like tea and takes a sip, "I have only heard the same rumours as everyone else. It is not good for the soul to go in search of the ruinous powers. Abbot Skae said that it would be better if experts handeled the situation."

Jump into cover.
Roth dives behind a rock next to the cliff face, drawing her laspistol.

Bash the creature away with my staff, then help Lemanov to cover.
Lyssian pulls her staff from her back and strikes the beast in one of its back legs in one movement.

Quick Draw shotgun, search for cover and hide behind it then shoot at the creature.
Lemanov recovers from the strike and pulls his shotgun as he dives behind a nearby rock. He unloads a shell into one of the creature's forelegs.

Open fire.
Allion aims at the creature before pulling the trigger. The creatures left hindleg sizzles from the las shot and the rotten flesh turns black.

Anya draws her sword and cut the beast across its face, leaving a deep cut where its right eye should be.

The party gets a good look at what is attacking them. It is covered in suppurating old wounds, half-rotten and with its eyes already gone—seemingly pecked out by crows. Fainting dead away, Allion keels over. Panic grips Lyssian and she flees the Hexalid. Roth peeks around the rock, reminded of the walking corpse but is otherwise uneffected. Fear grips Lemanov and he begins to shake and tremble.

The Hexalid lashes out at Anya but misses the assassin.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:32:31 am by NobodyPro »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 09, 2012, 11:46:47 pm »

Lemanov breathes in and out quickly, fear taking over his body and mind even as he tries to fight it back. That creature - it simply isn't natural, it can't be. It seems to be dead, and yet it walks, an abomination against all that is holy.

His heart races and his mind fails to rationalize what he's watching with his own eyes. The knightly arbitrator grits his teeth and tries to get his wits back together. The main objective for the moment was taking the monster down...He had to control himself and avoid letting Allion become food.

Aim and fire at the monster. Alternatively, use the half-action to calm down then fire, if possible.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:52:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41