Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39132 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2012, 09:02:51 am »

Pull lasgun and point it at whatever made the noise behind me.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2012, 09:31:54 am »

"Thank you, Sir." Lemanov says respectfully before waving his goodbye and searching for someone else to talk to. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge about the region's history aside from the cathedral itself...How important was this place before the imperial building had its construction started?

Look for someone more knowledgeable about how Stern Hope was before the cathedral. Then hit the hay.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 02, 2012, 12:50:55 am »

Mister Hurk smiled to himself as he adjusted his new hat. 'Not fancy, but it shall do just fine.'
He cast a brief glance about the room, checking on his companions, and then headed back upstairs to get some shut-eye.
'Have to be fresh and ready for...' He frowned slightly as he climbed the stairs. 'Hold on, what were we doing tomorrow, anyway? I'm not usually so forgetful. Tsk.'

>Head upstairs with my hat, store my things in my room, undress*/strip to underclothes/equip pyjamas, and sleep.

>Try and remember what it is we have planned for tomorrow, again. Can't have that slipping my mind.

((*Just remembered we were sharing quarters. :P))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:46:14 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 02, 2012, 01:00:29 am »

Allion must be up to something? Better keep watch, he may need aid even for an Assassin...I think there was-

*Crrnnncchh*

Pull lasgun and point it at whatever made the noise behind me.

"Oh s-"

Mira made a hand gesture to show Allion that it was her who was stalking him and attempted to also make another gesture that said 'sorry for following you but I was curious and you looked like you needed help and sorry'

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 02, 2012, 01:01:52 am »

"For fucks sake Mira, what the hell are you doing? Get the hell out of here!"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 02, 2012, 01:03:54 am »

Go the fuck to sleep.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 02, 2012, 01:15:55 am »

"This is me making sure you'll be alright! And so sorry for this... They said nobody should be going out alone anyway..."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 02, 2012, 01:20:24 am »

"Mira, this is my job. Your job is to handle the big guns and kill the big stuff in a all-out firefight. Mine is to skulk around in the dark. So go do your job, and don't try to do mine."
Allion turns and walks off into the shadows, searching for an armoury or Guard base.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 02, 2012, 04:18:16 am »

Mira turned around, about to head back to the palace, saying a short complaint "But I don't have any big guns..." before musing.

He's right, seeing the dossier of that one - or...you know, how he introduced himself a long time ago, he's more suited to this pursuit than I am. Even gravel gives me off...

Return to Quarters, begin slumber but AFTER trying to examine the current area for anything strange - if found, just follow Allion, preceding any returning back. If not, then former action {Return and sleep}

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 02, 2012, 05:22:58 am »

Roth goes to one of the still-free quarters, hopefully not Gabriel's, and goes to sleep. Certainly not crying herself to sleep from the people disliking her. She'd never do that. Right?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2012, 12:59:18 am »

Look for someone more knowledgeable about how Stern Hope was before the cathedral. Then hit the hay.
You can't seem to find anyone who knows more than just "It used to be a hill."

>Try and remember what it is we have planned for tomorrow, again. Can't have that slipping my mind.[/b]
Ah yes, thinks Bernant as he falls asleep, meeting the Abbot...
*Dreams of tea*

Return to Quarters, begin slumber but AFTER trying to examine the current area for anything strange - if found, just follow Allion, preceding any returning back. If not, then former action {Return and sleep}
You don't notice anything unusual as you return to the inn.

The next morning, a worn out-looking Aristarchus leads the party to their meeting with the Abbot. "Feel free to ask whatever seems pertinent," he says, "but you should remain polite and keep your eyes open."

Brother Lamark greets you at the doors to the cathedral and eagerly ushers you inside. "The Abbot was unable to meet you in person yesterday because he was tending to a young girl. By the Emperor's grace she will live, she opened her eyes this morning."
He leads you through the centre of the building, the inside of the dome has a massive mural depicting Saint Drusus standing triumphant, a short-bladed sword held aloft in one hand and a golden aquila in the other, with a shadowy half-suggested figure laying crushed at his feet, surrounded by intricately engraved patterns of flowers and wheeling birds.

You walk through a door at the back of the cathedral and enter the meeting room, a large square room with a lectern in one corner and furnished with numerous rather crudely fashioned pews and benches. The walls of the hall are decorated with hand-painted scenes of the life of Saint Drusus. Inside is a scarred man with a flak vest over his robes, a laspistol and an axe at his belt. and an elderly man with a staff, plain robes of dark grey cloth, a silver aquila at his neck and a white stole to mark his rank as Abbot.

“Good morning, I am Prelate Orland Skae. I have the honour to be Missionary-Abbot of Stern Hope. Good Brother Lamark greeted you last night in my stead, and this tall and dangerous-looking fellow you may remember from the gate is Brother Severus, our Intercessor here. My apologies for not meeting you when you arrived but my duties kept me from it. Thank you all for coming to us in our hour of need. When I first issued my request for assistance I could not have hoped for more prompt attention.

“Let me first tell you of ourselves and our place here, by way of context. I know what you all must be thinking—how did this worn out old man talk the Ecclesiarchy into building such a magnificent cathedral on this forsaken rock? It wasn’t that difficult, really. In another life, ages ago, I was of a noble family and not without a few connections. I let my family know that an old man’s memory is far more apt to slip when he has nothing to occupy his time. That, coupled with the wonderful story of a “lifetime of service”, and working many hours with the locals, has given birth to this place. ‘The Throne helps those who plan well’, as the saying goes, and thanks to the diligent toil and faith of the good people of our congregation we have brought forth a miracle in the barren land, and not one I will see endangered.

“In recent times we have been plagued by signs and portents, visions and phantoms that may indicate that some foul evil has come to my congregation. There have also been disappearances, deaths and other portents. I am a priest of the Imperial faith and I have seen much in my years and do not take such things lightly, and so I called on those who you serve to aid us. I ask you, I implore you, get to the bottom of this. If it is nothing—so much the better, but if there truly is…a moral threat… find it, destroy it, purge it! Tomorrow on the feast of Saint Drusus we shall consecrate our cathedral to his glory. Nothing must stop that, nothing. You will have our full support. Now I imagine you have some questions?”

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2012, 01:11:29 am »

Argia's hand immeditly shoots into the air "Lord Abbot, where are most of the phenoma occuring?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2012, 01:39:38 am »

Allion stands, arms folded,
"What security does Stern Hope have? In what areas are the phenomena occurring, who sees them, when do they see them? Have there been any... mundane things going on? Where is the nearest armoury?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:58 am »

Lyssian nodded.

"My lord, has this place any security force at all? Sisters, tribes or even guardsmen? And has there been any trouble of any sorts within this Cathedral? Many places to hide in here, I would believe."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:09:56 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:04 am »

Mister Hurk stood impassively with his new hat held before him, having removed it as they came indoors. He respectfully waited for the others to finish asking their questions and then he too spoke up, narrowing his eyes thoughtfully.
"Might there be any... undesirable elements-- say, members of local, tribal religions or the like-- who could be against the worship of the Saint on what they regard as their land? Perhaps they are to blame for all of this, trying to scare your noble flock away? 'Twould certainly simplify the whole unpleasant business if an ordinary, flesh-and-blood person were to blame for it all."

>Ask.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41