Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568154 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2280 on: January 24, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »

Last night I had a dream in which I was driving down a road late at night, trying to get to class, and about to run out of fuel. Suddenly there is another car in front of me, and I rear-end it. Other vehicle goes off the road, I keep going no problem. I turn around to go check on them, and find no evidence the wreck ever happened. I go up to a house nearby and enter, and it's dark and completely empty at first, until I try to open a door upstairs, and behind it I find a creepy, extremely pale little boy. When I ask him if he saw the accident, he remarks "oh, they cleaned that up a long time ago." and slams the door in my face.

So I drive home and there's a cow moose in our pasture chasing our horses in circles. I get my father out there and we try to hit it with our sad little small-caliber rifles. Doesn't work, and I can't tell if it's because we're missing, or the moose is simply ignoring it. Eventually the moose runs back through the fence, chasing me down and punts me, then runs across the road. There is a huge black wolf a ways down the road eating some corpse there.

Well that was weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 24, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »

o_o

I... wow. I'm kinda jealous of that dream; not much of note happened in my dreamspace last night apart from me meeting (and apparently sharing a place with?) an old school friend and going to get a tattoo, waking up at the first bite of the needle.
Then again, I didn't really sleep enough for much to happen...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: January 24, 2015, 07:35:49 pm »

Man, seeing this thread reminds me of how I wanna get back in the habit of trying to lucid dream. I went on a spree of alleged lucid dreaming methods back when FFS made that thread about it but forgot about it toward the end of summer. :|
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 24, 2015, 07:54:35 pm »

I often lucid dream, but I never do anything amazing. I have peaceful experiences. Anyway this isnt about a lucid dream.
My dream was amazing and fufilling I was hanging with people I dont know, very beautiful and I knew one of the girls loved me, they all loved me but she was a part if me almost, and I loved her nothing in my mind obscured my love for any of these people and we spent our time speaking and partying, but nothing like an earthly party. It was intense and I didntwant to leave.. infact I knew I wouldnt leave, shit why would I ever leave here. I have all I need and the girl and I got closer and more formless, all of us where relatively formless though.. AND I woke up, smiling to myself at my dream I went to tell my friends, and they laughed and enjoyed my description of it then I went to my girlfriends house and told her and she and I contemplated it (i would often talk aboit my dreams with her) and I told my parents, and some strangers on the street.... AND I woke up. This time I was in 'reality' but I wasnt sure. I was pretty dream drunk.
But I realised I had a intense dream inside a dream that was good by itself. Amazing I thought as I woke up. Nothing lile my lucid dreams
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:57 pm »

Had a simple dream, I was in a big sandy arena with a t-rex. I was a dwarf, I ran up to the t-rex yelling something and I pulled out a dagger, someone told me to run away but I just kept running at it and then stabbed it to death.

Then I was a human hiding in the same arena from a t-rex, it came up to me and killed me.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2285 on: January 26, 2015, 12:56:29 am »

Had a simple dream, I was in a big sandy arena with a t-rex. I was a dwarf, I ran up to the t-rex yelling something and I pulled out a dagger, someone told me to run away but I just kept running at it and then stabbed it to death.

Then I was a human hiding in the same arena from a t-rex, it came up to me and killed me.
You didn't happen to be summoned into the DF Arena Mode did you?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: January 26, 2015, 10:48:47 am »

This dream I had in 2008, but I'll probably remember it till I die.
I cannot remember anything going on, just that everything which happened, happened in Lisp. Not like people were talking Lips or like I was programming, the world and my thoughts, everything at all was expressed in Lisp. That was of course after learning Common Lisp for three months.

Another one, a bit later, had read through "Solaris" by Stanisław Lem the night before (I wasn't quite sober). I remember only one scene and it was kind of the only one which I could even describe: It seemed like 3 muscles, squeezing around each other in the same motion as with braiding, only that there was no middle or outside. The other scenes I dreamed of where even more non-euclidean.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 26, 2015, 11:04:38 am »

My dreams would make great japanese surrealist horror movies. O_o Abandoned village in the woods that held a mental hospital-turned church/orphanarium with a way creepy "wall of plaques" of every person that'd been there including the indescribable monstrous otherdimensional creations that shepherded them beyond the world. Shining-style kids that turn their heads 360* in the distant horizon. Behold the attack of the shuddering plucked whole-chicken 100-beaked maggotified beasts that can burn through doors and shape-shift into kittens as protection! Try to mash them to death? HA! Even their pasted bodies will still follow you, as if you were playing Dwarf Fortress in a terrifying swamp.

Seriously tho, what stops dreams? Other than mainlining arsenic.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: January 26, 2015, 12:05:07 pm »

I had serious nightmares almost every night for a good while. What I ended up doing was just revising them as soon as I woke up. I would think them through in a way similar to how they went, but in a way that was much more agreeable to my psyche (removing details, adding in filler, that sort of thing) then ran through the "revised script" a few times in my mind to get it to stick. People do basically the same thing, less the revisions, to better remember their dreams. It took some practice to get that kind of "alternate reality control" down, but it certainly worked. After the issue was resolved I made a conscious effort to not do that, though to this day I wonder if I actually succeeded or if it comes so naturally that I don't notice anymore. I rarely have nightmares anymore in any case. This might work for you and it might not, but it's worth a shot.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:53 pm »

Last night I dreamed I was riding around in the car in the town I used to live in (heading to no particular destination) and talking over some kind of screenplay/script with someone. It was some kind of dark comedy where 3 people are locked in a room, and they draw straws for which one of them gets eaten to save the other 2, then they go through all the guilt and stuff before it turns out they could have gotten out really easily.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

I had serious nightmares almost every night for a good while. What I ended up doing was just revising them as soon as I woke up. I would think them through in a way similar to how they went, but in a way that was much more agreeable to my psyche (removing details, adding in filler, that sort of thing) then ran through the "revised script" a few times in my mind to get it to stick. People do basically the same thing, less the revisions, to better remember their dreams. It took some practice to get that kind of "alternate reality control" down, but it certainly worked. After the issue was resolved I made a conscious effort to not do that, though to this day I wonder if I actually succeeded or if it comes so naturally that I don't notice anymore. I rarely have nightmares anymore in any case. This might work for you and it might not, but it's worth a shot.

Interesting idea, cheers. :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: January 27, 2015, 06:11:02 pm »

The earliest dream I remember from last night involved some Dutch guy (or other nationality with a similar accent/language) trekking from one part of this strange, mountainous land to another.
It was through incredibly harsh, icy terrain, steep cliffs, and the area was inhabited by these dangerous, Ancient Mongolian-style tribes. (I'm assuming there was more than one, since the guy seemed to live with one group of them who were fairly peaceful, along with a few other caucasian folks.)

What was he hoping to achieve with this long, dangerous journey? He wanted to find his brother, who worked as a surgeon in another tiny, isolated village. I don't think they had seen each other for a looong time, but I believe surgical expertise was desperately needed in the first brother's village, likely to save someone dear to him.

The main character didn't make the journey alone, despite being a rugged, badass-wilderness-survival-type dude. I remember a pretty red-haired young woman and a Hodor lookalike, both of whom became separated from the main character when they were attacked by a hostile tribe high in the mountains. They fled by sort off ass-sledding down an iced-over gulley, with arrows thudding into the ground right behind them.
Eventually, their luck ran out and the woman copped an arrow right in the eye. She slumped down and I assumed she was dead, but a distraught Hodor ran back to grab her, then resumed ass-sledding.
After that he managed to escape, and they joined up with some friendlier group of relief workers(?) who were travelling through the mountains nearby. The woman was now fading in and out of consciousness, with an arrow lodged in her eye... now it was even more vital that the main dude find his brother the surgeon.

My phone probably isn't going to let me type much more, plus I need to go do stuff. :-/ Maybe I'll type the rest up in a separate post later. Bloody phone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: January 27, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »

I dreamt that I was trying to fool myself by hiding things for me to find in different parts of my brain.

It was weird.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: January 27, 2015, 06:17:19 pm »

I dreamed that I was being threatened by an Indian guy with a big blonde afro.
Weirdly enough he was the protagonist of Life of Pi.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: January 28, 2015, 06:47:33 am »

Had a bizarre one:
An anime club opened up here in town, Public to everyone in a new auditorium close enough to me I could walk to it regularly.
Thing is when I got there, everyone else was a big time Naruto fan, to the point of the club became a Naruto cult heck bent on making Naruto the new name of my hometown.

Thank existence my father woke me up before it got any weirder, especially considering how weird my dreams can get.

Then i had a semi-lucid one, by Semi Lucid I mean I knew I was dreaming yet didnt have any control on it just yet:
It wasn't much diff then IRL but it was a video game that played like Crackdown on the X360, and everyone was an Agent, but when they jumped their favorite color lit up their jump's arc. I decided to explore, and just before i reached the top of the tallest building in my hometown I woke up, starving.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:46:59 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 339