Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568143 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2265 on: January 09, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Well, if tiruin were the only one allowed to make suggestions, then "we" most certainly would. Sadly for you, everyone else tries to ruin everything because its amusing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: January 11, 2015, 06:27:50 am »

I was in a forest and somehow on my stomache.  A grizzly bear found me and I tried to lie still.  It sniffedme and started licking me.  On the neck.  I put my hands behind my neck but it kept licking that spot.
  I started to rollaway but his paw fixed that for me.  He just kept licking my neck even after it was raw.

It occured to me he wanted my salty sweat.  And that he was going to give me a rash  Or start to casually eat me as predators can do.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: January 11, 2015, 06:52:49 am »

That bear is terrifying.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: January 11, 2015, 08:58:52 am »

I just fell asleep in the afternoon and had some long, rather rambling dream where I was listening to/researching some controversial defunct metal band and the badass shit they'd gotten up to before their disbandment/demise. I don't remember that much else, but perhaps this is a Sign that I should update something...

Also at some point the dream's perspective shifted, and I was actually experiencing their adventures first hand.
Only part I remember was where they were breaking into some sort of compound/shipping yard, doubtless for nefarious reasons.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: January 11, 2015, 07:20:36 pm »

Had dreams about being a pirate and doing piracy. Good times.
Why can't all sleep provide simple hallucinations like that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: January 11, 2015, 11:48:24 pm »

I had a dramatic, interesting dream where an elite soldier of some army fighting a war in a jungle deserted, running off with a woman he rescued from their clutches (she was going to be executed, I believe- not because she was important, just some sort of miscellaneous bystander kinda deal) and a young boy, presumably her son.

They were on the run from soldiers for some time, hiding out in little thatched-roof wooden huts around the jungle, until finally they slipped up and a group of soldiers caught them. Can't remember exactly went down, but the woman and child were either killed or captured before elite-rogue-soldier-dude managed to kill all their assailants with his bare hands at the perfect moment, using one of their pistols to finish off the last guy just as he was whirling around to open fire.
Whether the lady and babby lived or not, they were taken from the main character and he got all brooding and vengeful, preparing to go avenge their deaths/try to rescue them again with his epic skillz just as the dream ended. Huh.

I can't remember much other than that vague outline, but I'm pretty sure that stuff was a flashback from an earlier scene, with some commander of the same army returning to base to be told off for screwing up somehow or other. I remember he got around in some sort of motorized chair festooned with cacti plants and had an odd entourage of some of his troops, but whether he was an older version of the same elite guy or one of the officers tasked with capturing said elite guy (more likely) I can't remember.
Booze is Life for Yoink

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: January 18, 2015, 06:50:13 pm »

Had some strange dreams last night.

First, I had to fight someone for some reason. I don't remember the details too well, but it was some urgent life-or-death thing, it took place in a driveway, and I wound up beating him over the head with a baseball bat several times before strangling him. I think he was trying to shank someone who was there with me. His blood was dark blue but it was still blood, and he coughed it up everywhere. I don't know where this dream came from and I never want to see its like again.

Second, my family and I were on top of the Eiffel Tower and there was an absurd amount of space up there, including parking lots (!). We went into a buffet and I was trying to find something that wasn't dessert.

Finally, I was at my grandparent's house, but the place had twice as many rooms as it should have and there was some 5NAF crap going on. We were holed up in the basement and people were getting killed. Somehow we wound up upstairs (ground level) in a brightly lit bedroom which seemed to have been untouched by the violence, and so we tossed all the pets out the window into the back yard. We all felt like the things were all still in the basement, but we still didn't feel safe. Then we all got the bright idea to just run to the kitchen and go out the back door, and after arming ourselves with baseball bats and other improvised stuff (not sure where we got those), we waited out back to see if the things would follow us outside.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2272 on: January 21, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »

I actually prepared a dream environment for myself before sleeping recently, and it resulted in a melting pot of my hometown, with some random crap, ranging from my houses/apartments from other dreamworlds, and some other things, from having some airships and floating islands chilling out in the skies, and for the hell of it, the Fract OSC Completed studio device, complete with psychic interface and background music (I keep forgetting how huge that studio really is, considering it dwarfed a nearby condo (and at least one of my ships in the sky), and blasted music across the whole town with some elements reactive to the music (including the waves generated on the beach being in tune with the music)). The dream girl with purple eyes happened to load up some music, and it turned out the machine was compatible with the music from Sub-Terrania (I did nothing, she loaded it up), and I even saw the sheet music for it, and it can be replicated in Fract OSC, since it's also synthesized music. It was pretty cool. Doing over-rides on each other was also pretty funny, especially when you decide to turn them 1/5th their age. Of course, expectedly, I got hit with similar. Kinda fun being turned into a kid again, and having a no-rules version of your town to screw around with, along with breaking reality as much as possible with all manners of crazy stuff.

TL;DR: I basically had a Garry's Mod equivalent of my town, and my dream girl (purple-eyed one) and I had some fun screwing around with it, and mixing some music of our own, and messing around with each other's settings. It was fun.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:57:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: January 21, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »

I watched Saving Private Ryan earlier today, so naturally when I took a nap after my Comp class I dreamed about D-Day. I was on board a landing craft moving toward the beach, salt spray in my face and a whole hell of a lot of noise all around. As we approached the shore more and more bullets started glancing off the front and sides of the craft instead of landing in the water nearby. I was feeling sick and probably looked it to. The guy next to me (who looked just like a friend from real life) put his hand on my shoulder and told me we'd be alright. The door went down and we all jumped in, and I was surprised to find that the water was up to my shoulders. My rifle was all wet, and I spent the whole time I was wading toward solid ground hoping that it wasn't jammed and that we wouldn't be shot at until we reached the shore. We were though, and a bullet hit me square in the chest. Which I gotta say was pretty anti-climactic.

Surprisingly though, that wasn't the end. It cut ahead, and I was up on the ridge in a big concrete casemate with a truly enormous coastal gun and a pair of machineguns inside. The coastal gun was exchanging fire with a destroyer off in the distance, and the shells it was returning were starting to get pretty close. A lot of bullets were hitting the slit for the machinegun, but even more were falling just short and hitting the front. The machine gunner yelled at me to go to the arsenal for more ammunition, so I rushed out to get some. The destroyer hit the casemate not long after I stepped out of it, I was knocked over by the blast, faceplanted, and passed out.

When I came to, there was considerably less gunfire, and it sounded much more distant. I looked back and saw that the casemate's roof was partially collapsed and the men inside had run away, apparently leaving me for dead. I heard someone talking but didn't make out what they said. Someone rolled me over with their foot, and I saw a pair of dirty American soldiers. One of them was the same friend from the landing craft. The taller one said something else that I didn't quite catch, my friend chuckled grimly, and then he shot me. I very clearly remember that the very last thing in the dream was thinking how much of an asshole that guy was.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: January 23, 2015, 12:50:33 am »

I had a dream about the player characters of Dragon Age Origins and DA2 starting a high school rock band with a DA Ogre on drums and the music they made spewed the note targets from Hatsune Miku's Project DIVA F 2nd

Easy to guess which game titles I've been nonstop playing huh?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: January 23, 2015, 01:18:34 am »

Damn, Baffler, that's an awesome dream! Interesting display of viewpoint bias in there. :)

The last dream I remember was from two nights ago. There were a pair of teenage girls hunting vampires/a vampire, seemingly in some film I was watching.
They tracked down this one vampire outside some building, which I think they made their way into via this concrete tunnel network they were based in.
The dark-haired girl was doing most of the legwork, since her friend was confined to a wheelchair- apparently due to injuries caused by some vampire they'd encountered in the past.

Anyway, the brunette subdued their target, this scruffy, imposing, predictably pale man, and began interrogating him. (I believe she had him in handcuffs or similar?)
She demanded to know "who did this to me," and the same about her friend. As far as I could tell the girl's only injuries were a couple of grazes, but she was mad.
After a bit of fruitless questioning, and to my bewilderment, the much-taller man crouched down and began kissing the girl on the mouth.
I looked over at whoever was watching the movie with me to ask "WTF is this" or something along those lines, but then it cut to another scene.
Unfortunately I do not remember said scene, but shortly it cut back to the girl "interrogating" the vampire as they broke off the kiss.
In that span of time, though, the small girl had grown into an adult woman and the vampire had shrunk into a scrawny teen boy.

Somehow from this I understood that, by kissing, vampires could trade ages with (or steal it from?) each other, and that what I'd seen as a small girl hunting vampires had actually been a vampire herself all along. Being shrunk to child-size by some other vampire was what she was so pissed about.

...It seemed really clever in the dream, but now I'm not sure it really makes sense. >.>

She then grabbed the (now much smaller) vampire by the throat and demanded answers. He just weakly protested that she would break his spine if she applied any more pressure.
I think the dream ended there?
Booze is Life for Yoink

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: January 23, 2015, 01:26:27 am »

I had a dream that I was stuck on a spacecraft with a few people I know for a long while, almost out of air and entirely out of fuel, then we bumped into a big space rock that we somehow attached to, there was a nice placed with a really cool break room/living room inside, but completely deserted. We were about to get some food and see if the DVD player worked when I woke up, because I was having this dream while trying to wake up from my 2-hour nap at the end of an all-nighter.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: January 23, 2015, 09:06:23 am »

Had some kind of a dream where I was stuck being the test subject of some kind of zombie virus. I think(I hope) everything went to hell before it was my turn to receive it.

...Not a bad idea for a game plot actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 24, 2015, 06:22:45 pm »

I had a really weird dream about hanging out with the girl I have a crush on.  Not weird in a sexual way, weird in a "huh" kind of way.  If I recall correctly, we were just driving around places that vaguely resembled parts of my local area, theoretically on the way to school but apparently there was a lot of time until school started, just chatting about random stuff.

I remember the end the best of all, and that was probably the most "huh?" thing of all of it.  We checked the time and apparently we were about to be late for school, so we began driving more pointedly in that direction.  Then there were cops showing up because for some reason her dad didn't know where she was and wanted to make sure she was okay.  And then I woke up.

Yes, I know I'm still here, quit giving me shit about it.  I've explained why several times.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:48:18 pm by 4maskwolf »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2279 on: January 24, 2015, 07:05:38 pm »

I just had a dream which involved me wandering out of my house, only to see a significantly large UFO that looked like 3 bricks merged together in a triangle-like formation kinda like >- floating about in the sky; about the size of a house. No windows, not really doing much else than spinning around and rolling back and forth in the sky; like a freeform object in the sky. Oddly enough, it didn't seem like it was in any way a ship, but rather some arbitrary object in the sky. But it seemed like the government didn't agree with it chilling out, and sent an A-10 after it to shoot it like mad. It acted as it the bullets and missiles did nothing to it. Heck, it didn't even chip apart. As far as I can imagine, it was an extra-dimensional object; like a gear or sprocket of Reality itself in plain sight or something.

However, it didn't explain why it started to roll after the A-10 until it bugged out, and decided to stop for a moment longer, and implode out of existence right before my eyes. After shrugging it off, I decided to take a nap, and wake up. As far as I can figure, it must've been a higher-dimensional being dipping it's fingers in our reality space, in the dream.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:08:09 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 339