Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568118 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2310 on: February 01, 2015, 10:48:35 pm »

Sure you weren't playing in your sleep?

Check your save file.
Definitely played until 3 in the morning, then went and crashed fell asleep in bed. The whole dreaming play session was way more surreal and...technical than standard gameplay anyway. Like, monks running up walls and stuff. Stuff that's not possible in the game. Could probably call it its own game but sleep me identified it as Diablo 3 soooo yeah. Easiest to describe it as that, although it was more like Diablo meets Quake with Quake-esque multi-floor sprawling 3d level design and Diablo-esque class based gameplay of killing hordes of demon mooks and finding fat loot.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 01, 2015, 10:52:22 pm »

Diablo meets Quake with Quake-esque multi-floor sprawling 3d level design and Diablo-esque class based gameplay of killing hordes of demon mooks and finding fat loot.

I would totally play that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2312 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:47 pm »

Had a weird alternate history/present/universe dream. Basically, it was more like a pallete swap of my life, with a slight re-adjustment.

I was back at my old job, except it had a different color scheme (Black/red instead of white/blue), and was no longer cleaning carpets with vans, and involved using a semi-truck instead. My sister's pet dog was not dead, but was a completely, though similar scaled, different breed, but was the same name and personality. Even not being the same type of dog, I still recognized it as the same dog, somehow. Oh, and my town got re-mapped (same buildings, same island, completely different roadmap); so when I had to find my sister's lost dog in this dream, I was completely disoriented, and had to somehow do a 3-point turn out of a condo parking lot with a semi-truck. Needless to say, my old boss (same guy, no change; except their business. Could have been a towing company instead) was not happy about it when word got to them.

Fortunately, I woke up before my alter-self got hell for it. Poor bastard. In case dreams access other universes or versions of universes; I'm sorry, me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:26:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: February 01, 2015, 11:48:19 pm »

All I can remember is some girl walking around, wearing these bright yellow, oversized sneakers (Like what Sora wears in Kingdom Hearts), and people getting pissed at it, and wanted it to stop.

So I did the only thing natural, and disintegrated the entire person by shooting an orange beam out of my hand.
The only thing that remained was an orange-ish, yellow-ish goo on the pavement.

People were happy that this shoe-wearing menace was over with, and then went on ignoring my existence.
Said person that I disintegrated then respawned, and went over to the puddle of goo that was left, and became sad at the loss of their shoes.

I know that other things happened, but I can't remember them.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

Holy freaking shit. I know I've complained of dreams where I'm dreaming that I wake up on time and start my daily routine before waking up for real (and late), but this, this was a whole other level.

It started with me basically re-living every morning of the past week. Wake up on the couch, eat breakfast, some weird stuff is happening but I don't recognize it as such because its a dream. Then I kept waking up on the couch, thinking "crap, not another one of those dreams," and complaining to my roommates as such. At this point I should note I was actually sleeping in my bed. This continued for some time, with me waking up at various places including my home, my grandparents' house, not-quite-accurate versions of my apartment, and random places I don't recognize but are probably a mishmash of rooms I've been in before. I think I woke up a few times for real but didn't realize it before slipping back into sleep.

So, eventually I was conscious that I was having a false awakening dream and thought "enough of this! I need to get up!" and woke myself up. Except I'd actually just gone into yet another false awakening. And thought I hadn't, since I'd realized the last one. But then I "woke up" again, and now I was getting scared. I honestly couldn't tell if I was awake or not, and, what's worse, as soon as I became concerned I quickly forgot my concern, as I often forget what the hell I'm doing in dreams.

When I finally actually woke up, it took me a few minutes of feeling actually groggy (because I don't know about you, but the grogginess doesn't happen in dreams for me) before I was sure I was finally actually awake. Then I checked the time, cursed for having missed my class, and fell back asleep. Some more weird stuff followed, like dreaming that one of my uni classes was inexplicably assigned to a room back at my old elementary school, and going back there I'd found the school had gotten some ridiculous upgrades.

But all this nonsense.... just, no. I don't want this to happen again.

EDIT: I also remember seeing Betelgeuse explode somewhere in all that. And one of the false awakenings being "Damnit, that dream wasn't real."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:23:22 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 03, 2015, 09:18:23 am »

That's freaky.
You should watch "Waking Life" someday.
Taste my Paci-Fist

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: February 03, 2015, 02:52:35 pm »

Had an interesting dream.

I don't really remember it but I do remember that when I started waking up I told the person in the room with me that I didn't want to wake up, she just shushed me and told me everything that would be fine and that I wouldn't wake up.
Obviously I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 05, 2015, 02:28:39 am »

I had a dream last night where I was driving around in Washington and hit another car. Nothing major, no injuries.

But when I traded information with the other driver, I recognized the name: Tarn Adams. Dream-me basically acted as though I had just hit a king, and went down on one knee begging for forgiveness :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2318 on: February 05, 2015, 02:43:05 pm »

I had an interesting dream. Kinda took place after the events of Torchlight II last night with my character (rebuilt as myself; think SAO) and revived housecat with a rebuilt avatar/in-game pet (we called them a teacup panther, due to his size and appearance) as a full-sized panther (still the same Casanova/ultra-kind, yet surprisingly vicious, of a cat he was in his mortal existence). I visited a more modern tavern to have a drink, and a rather cute waitress (wild-messy-haired brunette, golden eyes; a different, yet familiar appearance) has been eying me the whole time for a good half-hour, and ordered me a strange drink, on the house. Basically it was delivered like a tankard of Guinness with a glass of mead dropped inside it or somesuch, like one of those liquor combo drinks (and it was a ton of booze for a tankard, like double-wide; somewhere between 36-48 oz.). As I was downing it, and my ex-pet enjoying their well-earned share, the waitress decided to take a break and spend their time flirting with me, wondering what I was up to, and getting to know me. I spent the dream talking about the crazy shit I did and found, and despite my arachnophobia, absolutely annihilating a spider colony or few, especially after parting ways with my siblings' adventuring party. Also soloing what my brothers and their friends had struggled with on their parted-quest from me. She was impressed, and laughed in such a way, it sounded like she wanted to join me on a quest or few, not only to witness my badassery, but also to partake in her own for me to witness.

Not often a girl that cute acknowledges how badass I was (last time that happened IRL, a co-worker (not like the girl in dreamspace), who was already claimed (one of the few that wasn't mean about it. Even their BF nearby took it as a compliment, and accepted my apology for asking her out, unaware their BF was nearby; no awkwardness later on either. I still respect that.), witnessed me down a full cup (about 8 oz. at least; maybe 16 oz.; I forget, but not because of the booze) of Jagermeister after a long-ass workday (my town is full of weaklings affected by even 4 oz. of that stuff), she was also in the same shift for.).

Anyway, I had my senses at full-force, so I got drunk off some good booze, and enjoyed having a girl actually like me, and take time out of her day to hit on me; instead of the "requirement" that I do the hitting on, only to inevitably get shot down with extreme prejudice, as is par for the course in my life (and everyone I talk to IRL is still puzzled why I no longer approach women these days; I did my part for long enough with enough psychological, spiritual, and physical wounds to show for it. It's their turn, for once to take a risk. And for the "Feminist" types (sorry) that like to start things up; it's equality, ladies. Pay your dues. Approach the men, for once.).

It was a nice dream. It's a shame that I socialize better in the dream-worlds than I do IRL. Maybe my inner worlds have far less assholes in it than meatspace does. If we're going to analyze it, I don't have high expectations for people IRL to generally be nice to me, without some motive behind it (essentially, being obligated to be nice to me). So to put it, a good saying comes to mind "Go where you're celebrated, not tolerated.". While on that note, what made me most comfortable about the dream was that I was hit on, and I didn't have to change a damn thing about myself (so to speak, she saw the player, not the character); I was respected for being the raw unrefined/unabridged me, not "Me" or "Myself", or groomed to an excessive degree, or any other self-help or BS-advised nonsense. I was me, and that was all I needed to be; and I return(ed) the same level of respect. She was messy, sorta unkempt, not acting nice for tips, but was also pretty cute because of it. She was kinda normal, not "normal" like society tends to act. She was just living another (work)day in her reality's life, and took a legitimate interest in me while at it. It's odd that fantasy seems more real than real life. As in, I can more easily identify (with) a person there, than over here. Real Life just seems like an act, and is all kinds of predictable; yet my dreams lack that element, and hold my interest more.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:41:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »

I dreamed that all the oceans in the world (but not rivers for some reason) turned into mercury, because a comet made of blood crashed into the moon. I don't remember much else about that dream.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: February 05, 2015, 05:02:32 pm »

I dreamed that a world-eating eldritch abomination had turned me in a pink goo, before tasking me to spy on the people of earth as the world was slowly being consumed. I was somehow immune to bullets, but the slightest hit would send me flying. ???
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2321 on: February 09, 2015, 12:35:12 pm »

I dreamed I was continuing my antics in GMod, but with far less lag, and craploads more content and detail (like a fully-furnished office building and the like), courtesy of my imagination. Making a zombie horde (from STALKER to HL2 and Amnesia, and maybe Doom), then turning into a floating spinning sawblade and becoming their nightmare and having them charge at me first, and then plowing through the rest not paying attention. They didn't stand a chance. My alarm clock chiming in doubled as my radio in the dreamworld.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: February 09, 2015, 02:41:57 pm »

I made out with a boy I crushed on.

....Yay?

He was kinda gross IRL though and I kind of doesn't really find him attractive except platonically now.

Get with the times, subconscious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 09, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »

I made out with a boy I crushed on.

....Yay?

He was kinda gross IRL though and I kind of doesn't really find him attractive except platonically now.

Get with the times, subconscious.
Aww cute.

I had a dream, a simple one I was in a rough sea of cardboard boxes and the waves grew as high as sky scrapers qnd crashed down upon me, it was amazing.
My main thought was wondering why I wasnt getting crushed not, despite associating it with an ocean I never thought about drowning.
It was... weird and I now wish I had a newspaper boat to float the cardboard ocean in.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: February 09, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had an odd dream a couple days ago. I dreamed that I was having a small house party, with literally everyone I know. It was "small" not because I don't know anyone, but because they weren't all there at the same time. We seemed to only have one guest or so at a time, and they randomly changed without warning (or notice). Eventually some friends of a friend showed up, because apparently someone knew extradimensional blob beings (these things looked like big white slug things with four eyes). The slug things turned out to be pretty cool and everyone got along fine with them, but for some reason everyone hated the person that brought them, despite my best efforts.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 339