Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512740 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1200 on: November 23, 2013, 06:16:09 am »

Bloody hell, that dream has given me a new appreciation of dragons.

Having to run interference as... some kind of four-legged thing... for someone escaping on horse through plains and forest while giant, fast as balls, agile as snakespit, firebreathing dragon is bouncing around like something hopped up on incredible amounts of PCP is... it's something. It's cinematic, it's dynamic as hell, everything is on fire, and then when you finally reach the end and manage to get the rider critter to safety you're left with a situation where there's a giant, fast as balls, agile as snikespit, firebreathing pissed off dragon prowling around like an incredibly ornery cat, between you and anything approaching safety. And it's coming for you, as most of the surrounding area drips basically!napalm.

It feels like losing a video game, only instead of a restart you're faced with a future of intense flaming agony and teeth and claws and yup time to wake up.

That one was pretty intense. Incredibly hard to describe meaningfully well, though. It would have been, like, major movie action sequence, or some kind of unholy mix between zelda epona sequences, monster hunter's opening cinematics, and shadows of the colossus. It was beautiful and both incredibly high energy and frustrating, because you "won" but oshit agonizing burny death incoming. S'also already starting to slip away, but memory of black and red and cat and reptile and angry and nearly liquid fire bloody everywhere is lingering. For a biological near impossibility those things are bendy as the buggery.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1201 on: November 23, 2013, 12:43:34 pm »

After working all week (cleaning carpets, upholstery, and etc. with some crappy hours and poor planning on my boss's part (as usual)), I had a dream of working, and I woke up when the job was over, and half my day is gone.

Whatever dreamweaver creature-thing exists that's responsible for taking away yet another Saturday morning from me in that manner, I'm gonna find you, and send you through a place I discovered that'll make Hell look like Heaven, that I am all too familiar with, that I'm a VIP there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:46:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 27, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »

Strange dream today. Was kidnapped for a reason I don't remember, and after several increasingly destructive escape attempts, it culminated in me jumping out of their car, getting them to chase me that way, and then dropping a tree on the car, killing them(it was a pretty convenient tree. Lose enough to topple over, large enough to smash through the window). Then I woke up. Pretty sure that's the first time I've killed a person in my dreams. Animals sure, but people? I don't deny that the kidnapper was likely a despicable human being but... Heh. My mind is simulating investigations for that incident now. Don't think it would go well for me.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 27, 2013, 03:56:16 pm »

I dreamed all my fingers turned purple-black with frostbite and started rotting off. :\

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 27, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »

I dreamed all my fingers turned purple-black with frostbite and started rotting off. :\
I've had that dream before!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 28, 2013, 12:32:43 am »

In my dream last night, I was the Dali Lama. It was bizarre, and I rode a building on wheels around. And I knocked out some random person with a rock.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 28, 2013, 01:15:12 am »

In my dream last night, I was the Dali Lama. It was bizarre, and I rode a building on wheels around. And I knocked out some random person with a rock.
Just like the real Dali lama.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 28, 2013, 01:18:20 pm »

I've had that dream before!

Radical. Yesterday I dreamed of my back tooth crumbling in my mouth and falling out, too. Why am I falling to pieces in all my dreams?!  ???

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

Just like the real Dali lama.
The Dali Lama likes biscuits, he said so in an interview. Actually, he's pretty much my step-grandad. They look terrifyingly similar and have similar mannerisms.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 29, 2013, 08:35:08 pm »

Just woke up from a very disturbing dream.

Memory's quite hazy, I think it was a rather long dream, but it began with some very evil, devil-worshipping person of some sort dying, but as they died they gave birth to a child. I was there, for whatever reason- perhaps I killed the parent?- and for some equally strange reason I (or whoever I was taking the role of in this part of the dream) ritualistically carved a swastika into its forehead.

Fastforward some uncertain period of time, and the cursed offspring of said demon had somehow become... a rabbit. Whether due to shapechanging abilites or just the rabbit being affected by the monster's evil, there was this rabbit sitting there as someone's household pet.
Something eventually set it off and awakened its curse, I believe it didn't receive its favourite type of food, and for some reason I was the one who had to subdue it and secretly remove it from the place.
There was a lot more that went on here, a lot of details that I can't remember, but eventually I was going somewhere with it hidden in the back of my mother's car when it burst out and went on a murderous rampage, slaughtering local wildlife and humans alike. Somehow I eventually managed to calm it down, I believe I was talking to it whilst holding it or something.
While I was doing that, though, Mum saw the bloodstains from the creature in the back of the car and called out to me, then came running out into the carpark I was standing behind, looking frantically around for whatever creature had injured itself in her car.
Not sure exactly how I explained it away. I think I tried to pass it off as myself having a nosebleed, not sure if that worked.

Remembering less and less of this as I type, unfortunately, but I want to mention one last thing, perhaps the most freaky part of the dream: at some point in the proceedings, the demon-evil-type-creature took the form of my beloved deceased old cat. And then kept killing people.

I wish I could remember more of the dream, as there was a lot more detail involving the shapeshifting creature and how it came to be, how/why I controlled it etc., but I've been a bit distracted since I woke up and so have forgotten a lot of it. I think it ended up locked in a cage somewhere, requiring the occasional sacrifice to keep it in check. Not sure what form it ended up in, but it was probably my cat since that happened later on in the dream.
Either way, even after forgetting so much, that was the freakiest dream I can remember having in a long time. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

I was talking to two of my hallmates, who declared that because I speak like a character out of an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel that I needed a name change à la James Gatz. They even suggested what name I could take.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I have become Jedward Fitzgerald.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1211 on: December 03, 2013, 04:06:39 am »

Had a very bad dream, in a way I haven't experienced before.

In real life, there's this girl, I've been in love with her for ages but she sent me mixed signals for 2 years before finally just drifting away from me, like she lost interest in her game of playing with my emotions. I thought I had finally gotten over her. It still hurts to think about her, but I stopped fantasizing about things working out between us and started moving on, taking interest in other people.

In my dream, I was visiting her. She was living in some huge house (in reality she shares a tiny apartment with someone she despises). She was running around cleaning and hanging christmas decorations really frantically, asking me to help. She was flirting and giving me the impression that something was going to happen. Then finally she checked her watch and said oh no, she'll be here in just a few minutes. I asked who, and she said "my girlfriend," as though it were obvious. I felt my eyes welling up with tears and she was surprised. "What, you didn't know I had a girlfriend?" I said sorry, I have to leave.

She grabbed me and pulled me back. She sat on the couch and tried to persuade me that I should stay and meet her girlfriend. She hinted that her girlfriend might like me and maybe she could talk her into a threesome. I immediately thought of a friend of mine (in real life, there is an engaged heterosexual couple, all part of the same group of friends, and she was sort of their girlfriend for a long time, went out with them together, slept with them, was in love with both of them, but at the end of the day the two of them went home together and she didn't - she spent some time describing to me how it hurt to know she would never really be a part of that unit, and eventually they all agreed to end it). I didn't want to go through that, and anyway I didn't want to sleep with her girlfriend. I didn't even want to see her or know her name. But I walked towards her and decided that I would kiss her. Somehow I had a fleeting ambition to win her over, steal her from whoever this girlfriend was. As I leaned in, for some reason she became David Tennant, as in, the tenth Doctor. No idea why. He started giggling like an embarrassed child and finally I kissed him. It was awkward but gentle. Afterwards he turned back into the girl. Then she said her girlfriend was almost there and I ran out of there with tears streaming down my face.

I woke up crying, with the feeling of heartbreak absolutely fresh. I thought I had started to move on but that dream really hurt. I'd rather be chased by a monster or a serial killer and wake up terrified than go through that feeling again.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 03, 2013, 08:03:29 am »

In my dream I visited the Cavern of Time. O_o

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 15, 2013, 08:23:34 am »

Yesterday I dreamed in code. I had a problem with pointers to pointers and when I went to bed my dream presented a solution, so I decided to try it just to see how much it would influence my program. It worked.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 16, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »

Does anyone have tips for lucid dreaming? I scarcely dream at all, but lucid dreaming would be the coolest thing I could think of.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 339