Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567299 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1215 on: December 17, 2013, 09:06:09 am »

Does anyone have tips for lucid dreaming? I scarcely dream at all, but lucid dreaming would be the coolest thing I could think of.
Eat lots of cheese. You know you want to.

More seriously, it depends on wether you want to fall asleep directly into an LD (Wake induced lucid dreaming) which requires a fair amount of skill with meditation and visualization, or if want to be having a normal dream and make it become an LD.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 17, 2013, 06:27:26 pm »

Does anyone have tips for lucid dreaming? I scarcely dream at all, but lucid dreaming would be the coolest thing I could think of.
Eat lots of cheese. You know you want to.

More seriously, it depends on wether you want to fall asleep directly into an LD (Wake induced lucid dreaming) which requires a fair amount of skill with meditation and visualization, or if want to be having a normal dream and make it become an LD.

I have a very bad dream recall (referring to this since other people will likely attack me with, "you always dream lol:')"), so it'd probably be best to improve that and then go after lucid dreaming, or WILD
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 17, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »

Years ago I dreamt I was in a used bookstore (my favorite kind of store) and I was aimlessly wandering and looking at the shelves and came upon a large hardbound book with a tan canvas cover called "The Book of Chants" (not "Chance" as some people kept asking when I'd tell them about the dream). Anyway in the dream I felt that the book was incredibly important.

Why I never searched online I'll never know, but reading this thread made me remember the dream and I decided to search for it. Turns out there's an item in Everquest which I'm absolutely sure I've never heard of before, a book published in 1893 by Arthur Foote but I can't fond more information about it, and in general it seems like religious hymnals can be called a Book of Chants, usually something like "XYZ Parish Book of Chants."

Arthur Foote lived in Boston and was active in church musical work and composition in general at the time the Book of Chants was published, so it's at least somewhat likely the author and the composer are the same person. But Wikipedia doesn't give any info on the book, and the book page on Amazon doesn't give more info on Arthur.

All this is new to me. And it doesn't make any sense because the book in my dream felt more like Celtic chants and runes and stuff, even though I don't remember opening it. I guess this is a case of "Word of Word" matching up to something somebody else did at some point in the long history of the English language.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 19, 2013, 02:58:33 am »

Meditate for half an hour before bed. No electronics before bed, as the light from the screens messes with your internal clock and your body tries to stay awake because your brain thinks it's still daytime, as you've just pumped it full of artificial sunshine. Try to clear your mind before you fall asleep. Tell yourself that you'll be asleep and dreaming soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 19, 2013, 04:11:18 am »

Had a decidedly strange dream tonight. Okay, look, so it's a standard Masquerade situation, and supernatural creatures are cohabiting with humans. Only they're not vampires or somesuch, but humanoid abominations, and what's important, I am one, too.
There is some sort of human conference happening in a week, which will have world-changing impact. So of course, the politically-minded of abomination-kind will be traveling there to influence the decision made, but they find that the conference hall building has been supernaturally enhanced, and is now a labyrinth full of traps (the humans don't notice the change).
And I am some sort of abominable special forces agent who is sent to traverse the labyrinth, fighting my way through all the other abominations, arrive to the conference, and do my thing to make the humies decide what we want them to.
Now, abomination-kind is divided into four Quarters (I don't remember which quarter sent me), and I remember completely destroying the West Quarter because apparently, I have slain all of their leaders, and they can't live without them.
Then I arrive to the conference, and my grandfather is somehow also there (Maybe he was invited as chief geologist?), and he gives me sweets and I wake up.
The whole dream had a remarkably consistent plotline and played out like a horror-action videogame. I remember that I had a horribly Freudian combat move where I hike up my cloak and a dozen tentacles covered in razor-sharp barbs whip out and decimate everything in front of me.
I wonder what that was all about.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1220 on: December 19, 2013, 04:27:23 am »

My dreams were chaotic and difficult to sort out this morning, but I remember one thing very clearly: I had sex with Andy Dick. And he was wearing a funny tie.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 19, 2013, 08:14:09 am »

And he was wearing a funny tie.
That's what really matters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 21, 2013, 03:04:04 am »

I dreamt that KSP had an intro and that the intro was inspired on dogecoin.avi

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1223 on: December 26, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »

Has anyone had dreams where they actually felt pain? The only one I can properly recall is the one where I was diving in a flooded city and someone else in scuba gear shanked me in the chest.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 26, 2013, 03:26:39 pm »

Has anyone had dreams where they actually felt pain? The only one I can properly recall is the one where I was diving in a flooded city and someone else in scuba gear shanked me in the chest.
I had a dream where my hand got bit off by a shark in a swamp (Why was there a shark in the damn swamp) and felt the pain once. The pain woke me up and continued for about a minute. It wasn't an enjoyable feeling.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1225 on: December 26, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

I had a dream where my hand got bit off by a shark in a swamp (Why was there a shark in the damn swamp) and felt the pain once. The pain woke me up and continued for about a minute. It wasn't an enjoyable feeling.
That reminds me! There was one time where I had dreamed I was being attacked by some sort of human-scorpion hybrid creature and I was punching it in the face as hard as I could. I wouldn't consider this one being dreamed-up pain, as I had woken up with my fist on my drawer so it was very much real pain.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 27, 2013, 07:33:04 am »

I don't remember the details but my dream involved: one of my friends, my dogs, KFC employees, (for some reason KFC made sausage) construction workers, (who really were more like miners) Squidward from spongebob, Squilliam from Spongebob, and Spongebob and Patrick.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 27, 2013, 01:29:33 pm »

My computer was compared to a nineties computer,and mine was slower.
wut.
I am a Goober.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 27, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »

Was your computer running at the bedside when you woke up?

Upgrademeplease.exe is what it was thinking all night long.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 27, 2013, 02:23:02 pm »

I had an odd dream with my imaginary blue pet dinosaur that we went through a happy world and everything was great while this great song played in the background in japanese.

Up-up-up in Heaven's skies, a whale is swimming through.
Its spout shoots up, and turns into rain.

A sto-sto-storm cloud looks like a great Shintô priest octopus too.
The sun is surprised by it, and cooks it all up,
And the floating takoyaki gets eaten by a dinosaur!1

I feel good, I feel good, somehow I feel really good,
I feel good, I feel good, somehow I feel really happy.

I'm in a good mood, and I'm really smart,
I can see all sorts of worlds!
Even if I don't study at all,
I can see wonderful worlds!
I'm the world's greatest genius!

A rai-rai-rainbow's gems are seven-colored candies.
They melt into the ground, and turn into flowers!

The Earth starts to dance and the volcanoes start to sing.
They erupt with a boom, blooming into big fireworks,
And those fields of flowery light spread to the ends of the universe!

I feel good, I feel good, somehow I feel really good,
I feel good, I feel good, somehow I feel really happy.

I'm in a really good mood,
And there's nothing but happiness in the world!
I'm in love with everything,
And there's nothing but joy in the world!
I'm the world's happiest person!
I'm the world's greatest genius!

EDIT: oh wait....
EDIT EDIT: I also theorize if you think you're high in a dream you are not a homo.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:30:14 pm by Shadowscynthe »
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 339