Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86160 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!
« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »

The Power Boosts boosted someone's abilities.
And we got them all! That was fun, two wolves self-lynched, and still the wolves won. That's amazing right there.

Bookthras basically got to use his power on himself.
I went all Klein-bottle on their asses. When I saw that I knew I had to bust through Jim's protection, just for the laugh factor. Protection-shmotection, I say!

No other questions I can think of remain unanswered. I am glad to see my fellow wolves also won. Good game!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2012, 03:15:07 pm »

Well, I'm glad I wasn't able to communicate more after death, or I would have lost it for us =P

My initial thought was that if someone willingly sacrificed themselves, that would be a key to being judged worthy.  Whoops.  Funny that the devil got taken out by random chance.

When I saw the bit about Org feeding off my anger after my death, I figured he was some kind of doomspeaker that got powered off of souls, and needed a certain number to win.  I was mentally screaming at Bookthras to kill him off somehow.  Sorry, Org!

I also thought, with the whole sacrifice bit and the judging and all, that the way to win was to have two team members sacrifice themselves and then the last remaining member touched an orb to be judged worthy.  Also, apparently, not correct. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

Welp.

But we were right - it should have been destroyed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2012, 03:48:31 pm »

Uh.

But.

Uh.

That was a lot more bastard than I was expecting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

And I basically solved it. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I feel good about claiming all that. Book's reaction sealed it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 02, 2012, 04:13:24 pm »

Quite the enjoyable game!   Good work on Jim for figuring out the Skeleton was a game feature.

That was a lot more bastard than I was expecting.

I don't think so- we had three teams and two solos, each with mostly-defined wincons.  The only real bastardness was if exclusive teams made it to the end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 02, 2012, 04:17:06 pm »

And I basically solved it. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I feel good about claiming all that. Book's reaction sealed it.
Absolutely, that was very cool of you both to think and to share. It was like the scales fell from my eyes. In retrospect, it was so obvious, but it's only so after someone thinks of it first!

Speaking of which, what do people (especially my fellow wolves, but everyone else too) think about that last minute decision between the Ghoul and the Wolf about the door?

The context: once Imiknorris died, the door opens, and a few seconds later I get this PM from Meph and subsequent conversation:

The way to the Tablet is clear. You must now decide, do you work with the Ghoul, or do you try to betray him and ensure that you are the one to get the Tablet. You have no idea if he will work with you, nor if the Tablet can be possessed by more than one of you.
You semi-bastard. So close, and yet may lose it all at the last second... How do I make my decision about this known? PM to you, or on thread? Can what I say here contradict what I say there (and if so, I assume PM takes precedence, yes?)
You can say whatever you want in the thread, but your final decision must be via PM to me.
I work with the Ghoul. I shall not kill him.

I agonised about this for a bit... what would others have done? Tiruin, did you know anything else about it?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:38 pm »

Yeah, figured as much on the teams thing.

Also, Org contacted me asking what I'd learned. I suspected by that point that there was no "town," as such, but I decided to tell him anyway in hopes of keeping up appearances and because it was the only hope for my own team getting the info. And because I didn't have a whole lot of faith in him/his team figuring out anything useful from it.

So yeah, was hoping Org'd get lynched for refusing to pass that along. Oh well.

PPE: Tiruin: yes, it seems that way. Lived happily everafter as slaves of some mummy king. 8-P
I was an SK. I still am an SK.

Hence, all that. Who believed me there?
The posting restriction garbage was so nobadwrong. "I have to post like this! Well okay that was a lie, but it was a lie for scumhunting!" is pretty much the quintessential noobscum panicking move.

I agonised about this for a bit... what would others have done? Tiruin, did you know anything else about it?
Oho, prisoner's dilemma, eh?

I'd say you made the right choice. Risky, yeah, but you either encourage working together and hoping it works out or encourage murdering each other and... I dunno, hoping a werewolf is tougher than a ghoul, I guess.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 02, 2012, 08:58:10 pm »

The way to the Tablet is clear. You must now decide, do you work with the Ghoul, or do you try to betray him and ensure that you are the one to get the Tablet. You have no idea if he will work with you, nor if the Tablet can be possessed by more than one of you.
You semi-bastard. So close, and yet may lose it all at the last second... How do I make my decision about this known? PM to you, or on thread? Can what I say here contradict what I say there (and if so, I assume PM takes precedence, yes?)
You can say whatever you want in the thread, but your final decision must be via PM to me.
I work with the Ghoul. I shall not kill him.

Well, perhaps...

That wincon.

Like I said, I knew nothing about what would happen on the Orbs, nor did I know about my unlynchyness, or anything else. I wondered why I was still alive D4...

So in my mental eye, I was partly flailing around.

And I have to admit, it was damn courageous of UI to do that claim. Though, he messed up in calling out the 'DESTROY YE TABLET' part, I guess.

PPE: Tiruin: yes, it seems that way. Lived happily everafter as slaves of some mummy king. 8-P

The posting restriction garbage was so nobadwrong. "I have to post like this! Well okay that was a lie, but it was a lie for scumhunting!" is pretty much the quintessential noobscum panicking move.
But I wasn't panicking -_- . I couldn't see how a posting restriction lie came along with whatever role I had, town or not, so I tried to push my luck.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:01:05 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 02, 2012, 08:59:51 pm »

But I wasn't panicking -_- . I couldn't see how a posting restriction lie came along with whatever role I had, town or not, so I tried to push my luck.
So why'd you say you had a posting restriction in the first place?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:49 pm »

So why'd you say you had a posting restriction in the first place?
Attracting attention...I think I forgot my main reason behind that, but just to see any patterns and causes behind them before UI did his claim. I was suspecting factions when I saw the dead beforehand.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »

Ah.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 02, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »

You really think a revived SK has to work for attention?

UI:  I think your claim was not a bad move, though too bad it didn't work out for us in the end.

Also, I retract what I said about not being very bastardly.  The prisoner's dilemma was a nice touch.  What would IO have found out?

Overall, good game!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 02, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »

Night Two the Sage would have learned that Sacrifice brings power.

Night Three the Sage would have been given an image that depicts a Nobleman on a throne surrounded by servants while four slaves kneel before four glowing Orbs.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 4 Final Choice
« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2012, 01:26:27 am »

Meph: about Tiruin's N3 action:

--
Tiruin - Kill Jim Groovester (And sample the water), Kills

You sample the water in the bowl. It is fresh and clean. Moreso than you would expect from this place. Interesting.

You creep through the necropolis, your path somehow clear even through you shouldn't know where Jim is staying. And yet...you do. It seems you are being guided somehow. Odd...and a bit disquieting.

However, you find his room without any trouble. Unfortunately, someone else has already done your work for you. He lies on the ground, quite dead, with blood pooled under him. You bash his head in with a rock just to be sure, and then head back to your room.
--

1) What was that about the water in the bowl? What hidden bastardry did you have waiting for us there?

2) Had Tiruin gone for Imiknorris as target, instead of Jim (popular guy, btw! if not for Org's superpower, all three killers would have targeted him N3!), he would have killed him, leaving only Tiruin and I alive D4, yes? If so, how would the day develop? He was unlynchable, but I wasn't about to vote myself, so how would I be compelled to touch an orb?

3) Likewise, if Imiknorris had gone for Tiruin instead of Jim, it'd be just the two of us D4, neither unlynchable, neither suicidal, incompatible wincons... what would have happened?

I was surprised that Tiruin was left alive, though, since he was an unlynchable SK at that point. I figured more people would have tried to kill him.

Mostly because he didn't seem just unlynchable, but unkillable (at least permanently). After what happened N1, I just assumed that if I killed him, he'd just eat another corpse (there were plenty of those) and get back up, so what would be the point? But yes, maybe we were too quick to dismiss it, though it really worked well in the end... depending on your answer to 3) above, not killing Tiruin could even be called optimal.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31