Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54162 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2012, 08:09:29 am »

Kat more or less went over her last words again.

"Well, Me and Rain were heading down South-we're in a bit of trouble with the local color, really...and we want to spend the winter some place warm and breezy, fore the snows start in. Maybe the Gulf Territories, Florid or Norleans. Even Texas would be nice. Hear they're not so bad places, these days.

You all are welcome to follow us as long as you like, or not."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

The Blind Mutant concludes his act, to thunderous applause, as well as a veritable molehill of canned goods. The crowd, considerably drunker than it once was, cared far less about the quality of the act, even though juggling knives without having the power of sight is quite impressive. As he begins to pack up, he gestures in your direction.

Do you go over to him?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »

Kat does-she even tosses 3 9.mm bullets into this case for good measure as she approaches. Well, it was an impressive act.

"Impressive show, sir." She says respectfully, waiting for him to speak.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2012, 06:53:21 pm »

"I could not help noticing that you sounded like you needed work. If so, then I may have a job for you. I am a caravan guard, with the confederacy of New Langely, and we have been having some problems. A number of mutants have been harrasing the caravans, and they aren't worth the ammunition to dispatch. We are willing to give you a decent sum of goods, if you can bring back the head of their leader.  As far as we can tell, they have a nest about half a day's travel to the eaast. Will you accept our request?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:00 pm »

"Mutants have nests? ... Also, what kind of mutants are we talking bout here?"

She glances at Kat, then at the bodyguard.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

Kat considered. Killing dangerous mutants and bandits was considered dirty-but necessary-work in the wastes. She and Rain had, on occasion, helped clear out dangerous mutant animals for pay. It wasn't that Kat was against killing. She just tended to avoid trouble. She had a nasty suspicion the Mutant wouldn't mind if she bought it out in the wastes-his act didn't exactly need competition around here, did it?

Aside-problem was, it was a long way down South. They might need those supplies if they were going to make it.

"Sounds dangerous." She says "Are these people-mutants you're talking about?"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »

He nods at Kat "They used to be. We call them Malkavians, or rather, that's what they call themselves. Dangerous, insane, barely more sentient than animals, with a hunger for blood. They do not use weapons, prefering the feel of living flesh in their jaws. They strike only at night, which has made getting here- and leaving, rather difficult. If you would wipe them out before we leave in a week or so, we would be in your debt. There is only so much a thrown blade can do when they could be anywhere, you know?"

You notice his speech is rather gravely and stilted. It appears the loss of his eyes was not the only extent of his mutations.

Spoiler:  for Kat (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2012, 08:40:19 pm »

After listening to Paprika's singing, Ethan had been in doubt whether he should or not show her one thing that would probably interest her. His face was unreadable as he fiddled with the controls of his headphones. Luckily, they consumed very little energy and the battery was efficient, having him search for a recharge only rarely - which was fortunate having in mind the scarcity of electrical energy.

The object was one of the things he had obtained during his time traveling...It did have an story, and it was a beautiful piece of technology even if underrated in this world, owing to its lack of practical use in survival tasks. Mostly made in light metal good-quality plastic and leather, Ethan suspected it would probably outlive its owner unless it got shot or destroyed in some similar way.

After searching for some time for in the thousands of musics inside, he finally found what he was looking for. He shot a glance at the overactive girl as if considering his risks and options before giving up. He had just met her...Maybe some other time. With that thought, he turned his headphones off once again.

"So I think we should try to find their nest and strike during the day, since they attack during the night."

He then poked the cheery girl anyway.
"Where have you heard that song?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

"Oh, uh."

She stopped looking for the elusive cuffs, and shoved quite a lot of rope back into the bag.

"It was on a little player... device... thing that I found in a ruined building. There was maybe three songs on it. But it broke when I was pushed into — erm, when I went swimming, so I threw it away."

She frowns a bit. "And I liked it too. There isn't enough music in this world..."

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:54 pm »

Rain had been paying attention to Kat, trying to learn about negotiation by watching but she does a double take when she see's Ethans gadget.  "Is that an mp3 player?  Oh my god, I haven't seen one of those since Badwater?"  She steps closer and cranes for a look and widens her eyes then quickly speaks to him in an impressed tone.  "That's prewar, isn't it?  An original item and everything, even has a logo.  All I've ever seen are the ones my father in law made out of old calculators.  You even have the headphones..." She steps back a little, realizing this probably isn't the best time to be gawking at electronics.  "I'd love to take a closer look sometime if you don't mind."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:47:06 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »

Kat didn't know what the others were talking about.

Mp3? Head-phones? She just shrugged. Kat admitted she didn't know much of the old world, and technology was beyond her limited scope. Some of the things she had heard about the old world seemed impossible-flying machines like birds that could carry hundreds of people (or drop bombs), medicine that could cure the slow death, vast fields of growing food, even people living up on the moon in bubbles (apparently they were still there, if you believed the UFO sightings people talked about)-the last one always made her laugh...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2012, 09:56:34 pm »

"That's prewar, isn't it?  An original item and everything, even has a logo.  All I've ever seen are the ones my father in law made out of old calculators.  You even have the headphones..." She steps back a little, realizing this probably isn't the best time to be gawking at electronics.  "I'd love to take a closer look sometime if you don't mind."
"Oh, sure. It is a bit heavy, because the whole electronic system is inside it. It looks like it was something expensive before the war. I think I may let you take a look at it later." he answered, a bit surprised with her enthusiasm and a little protective of the piece of equipment he kept in perfect state.

Ethan bit his tongue for a while and sighed before poking Paprika again. It would be only a matter of time and she would be trying to see his phones. At least they were resilient and with him helping her put them on, he doubted she would make a mistake.
"Here, try this." he said before carefully putting the headphones on the girl's head and putting them to play Les Miserables.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:36 pm »

"It's heavy," complains Paprika, before she hears the music coming out. Then she looks rather awestruck.

"It's so clean! Amazing!" She puts her hands to the headphones, dropping her bag, and presses them in a probably useless gesture.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:37 pm »

Ethan smiles a bit at her reaction before realizing it and stopping suddenly. He crosses his arms and turns his head to the side, only keeping an eye on Paprika.

At least she seemed to like good music, so she couldn't be that bad. Unless, of course, that was still an act and she was just tricking him into lending her the headphones...He swatted the rightfully-concerned thoughts aside for a moment and got back to looking at the rest of the group inquisitively.
"So, are we doing it?" he asked, turning his gaze towards Kat without moving his head.

>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2012, 11:38:16 pm »

Troy nudges Rain to get her attention from gawking at the small old world device.

"I say we should do the job. And yes, some mutants do have nests. They all need shelther somewhere after all."

He has been silent, weighing up possibilities and chances with their known skills and supplies.

"We could definately use the money and if the caravan will let us, we can hitch a ride. If they only come out at night, then it seems they have developed a weakness to light, which should be pretty easy to exploit."

Standing up and walking over to the man with the blindfold, he scratches his chin.

"Where exactly is this nest and where would we meet up with you when the job is done?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57