Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54155 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2012, 03:16:40 pm »

"We did it during the day. They react much as anyone would to loud sounds. They can see in the dark, and we have no idea how strong their sense of smell is"
He turns to Kat

"What did you have in mind, in terms of supplies?"

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

"Well the ethanol probably won't be too useful then but molotovs and barricades could probably be handy in tight cave corridors."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »

"If we are going underground and these things are sensitive to light, perhaps some good light sources would be helpful?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:59 am »

"Sources of light would be good. Ammunition for my friends weapons, if you have it. Medical supplies. I'm sure you can figure it out. Maybe we could even borrow some transportation." Kat replied leaning back in the chair.

"...are we about done here? We're taking a big risk here for you and yours, and you and I both know it's for the good of the people of the Wastes to smoke these things out.

I'd just as soon get some sleep tonight, as well, so lets wrap this up."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2012, 12:13:59 pm »

"Agreed. I'm also good to go as soon as I get some sleep for tonight, and transportation would be in both of our best interests, since it raises our chances of getting the job done quicker." Ethan commented before turning to the mutant.

"As far as ammo for my weapon go, I'd appreciate some arrows and maybe some shells for my revolver." he says, putting his arms behind his head and nodding towards his weapon. It was only fair after all, since it seemed larger group or groups had already tried to root out the threat of these animal mutants without success. They were only five, and so they needed to be supplied with the tools for the task at the very least.

"Anyway, I think I'm gonna find a spot to sleep soon." Ethan completed, not without eyeing Paprika, meaning he would wait for her to finish listening to the musical before getting his headphones and scampering off to sleep somewhere he wouldn't be found so easily.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:03:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »

"Sleep would be good. We'll want to handle these things in the middle of the day, so we'll leave at dawn to give ourselves time to get there. I'll meet you lot by the gates. 'Nite ladies and gents."

Troy stood up and dusted himself off before heading off to find a place to sleep. He needed to get as much sleep as possible until it was time to leave, and he had a feeling he would need it.

Go find a place to sleep.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »

The Tavern allows well paying customers to sleep on the floor, heated by the warmth of the hearth, and a length of canvas for a blanket. All of you fit that definition. Ortherwise, you can always sleep on the street, or find actual accomidations somewhere, which could likely cost you money.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »

As soon as Kat as wrapped the deal Rain plans to go check on her donkey Gunther, waiting outside, and make sure that he isn't too uncomfortable.  She's already moved her saddlebags with all her worldly possessions in for the night, kept behind the bar where no one can casually mess with them.  She'll sleep inside the tavern, up against the wall next to the door where Gunther is waiting outside.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2012, 06:02:45 pm »

Kat shook hands on the mutant, agreeing to meet the next morning with the agreed upon supplies.

She played one last song for closing time, quiet and relaxed- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEGV9H0aZaQ -and went down to sleep on the wall beside Rain, her guitar case clutched in her hands like a newborn. Her head ended up resting against Rains left shoulder, and that was how she was usually able to sleep without any nightmares.

"...see ya in the morning, Rain..." She said fondly, easing into her usual, comfortable spot.

Action: Sleep!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2012, 06:14:05 pm »

Paprika notices Ethan looking at her and quickly returns the headphones. She winks and proceeds to follow him wherever before going to sleep.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2012, 06:20:34 pm »

Ethan notices Paprika following him before sitting on the ground with his back against the wall to sleep.

"What are you following me for?" he asks with an inquisitive tone, raising an eyebrow as he adjusts his headphones around his neck once again. He had already got used to sleeping like that without causing any trouble.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2012, 06:29:54 pm »

"Uhm... comfort? Companionship?"
Paprika looks confused as to why he is asking that.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »

"But aren't you going to sleep? I am." he says, staring at her with a smirk. "I don't think I'll be awake long enough to talk to you or make you company or anything."
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »

"Being next to each other is company enough," Paprika states simply, and prepares to sleep.

Sleep.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »

Ethan is slightly disturbed but tries not not to show, instead creeping slightly away from Paprika.

"Ok, whatever. " he says before resting his head against the wall and maintainin his eyes on her until she slept, finally diving into a light sleep.

Sleep.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57