Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54165 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2012, 05:51:49 am »

"Well, women have womanly instincts. It's a Fact, with a capital F. Surely men have instincts too?"

She notices Ethan checking his pockets, which is rather hard to hide.

"Oh, don't worry," she says brightly, "I don't steal from friends. Hey, let's go over to the woman who was just singing!"

She attempts to tug Ethan out of his chair and heads over to the woman (Kat) if she succeeds.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:10:33 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2012, 06:07:05 am »

"Looking for me? Come have a seat."
"So, you talked it over? Come to a decision yet?"

Rain remained standing and kept her distance.  Even in a public place she was nervous about dealing with a new person, like he might go for the throat at any time.

"Um, thanks but I was just coming out to say that we're gonna take you up on your offer.  I want to head back in for Kat's next song.  You shouldn't miss it, she always saves the best for last.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:56 am »

She attempts to tug Ethan out of his chair and heads over to the woman (Kat) if she succeeds.

"Wait, I never said we would be forming a group." his desire to call bullshit on the "instincts" thing was overwhelmed by the mix of confusion and awkwardness.

After making sure nothing was missing, he started to feel her tugging on him. Tug. Tug. Tug. Oh damn it.
"...Right, I'm going with you, no need to tug on me."

That said, Ethan left his own seat and followed her.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2012, 08:25:51 am »

"Oh, yes you did (I think)," insists Paprika.

She sticks out a hand to Kat, and says,

"Hi! If you're planning to go anywhere on this God, god, gods, or [null_deity]-forsaken plain, would you like to go with me, or I with you? The more the merrier up to a certain point, and we're not there yet."

She tries a small smile.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:18 am »

Troy nodded and stood, dusting off his clothes.

"Well alright then. We can talk over my terms before she goes up on stage."

He heads inside after Rain does, pondering over how he could put his terms to them. This was turning out well for him, finding a job in a place like this where people tended to keep to themselves and not hand out trust on a plate. Now all he had to do was figure out what his job was going to be, and then settle his payment.

As he heads towards their table, he notices two more people approaching their table, one was a somewhat overactive girl with hidden weapons and another was a hulking brute of a man in black with a large, very clean, high power revolver. He stood next to Rain and Kat and calmly looked the strangers in the eyes.

"I hope your not harassing these nice ladies. We've got important business to talk about, so perhaps you should explain yourselves?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

Kat nodded, but didn't shake the strangers hand.

Seems they were going to get alot of hangers on this trip. It wasn't unusual-people seemed inspired by her music toward adventure and travel, and they usually approached her after performances for this very reason.

"We all traveling in the same direction, then? Me and Rain were heading down South-a bit of trouble with the local color, really, and we want to spend the winter some place warm and breezy. Maybe the Gulf Territories, Florid or Norleans.

I figure more bodies can't hurt anymore than they already can, but we're not carrying anyone, either...a bit hard to keep four people up and at-em in the wastes, as I'm sure you know.

Who are you anyway-and your silent friend over her? He (Ethan) looks about as comfortable as a Radserpent hiding in a boot, apt to bite when ya wiggle your toes."
She said, looking him up and down.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »

"Hi! If you're planning to go anywhere on this God, god, gods, or [null_deity]-forsaken plain, would you like to go with me, or I with you? The more the merrier up to a certain point, and we're not there yet."

If she had recruited her last partners that way, Ethan would only be more surprised for the fact she was still alive. Really, how could one person act that way in a world like theirs and still avoid trouble?

Unless of course, she was just a very good actress, a theory which was not yet discarded. She also had admitted to steal, although she had said she doesn't "steal from friends". At any rate, he could play her little game for some time and disappear as soon as possible into the night.

His thoughts were interrupted by the singer.
"I'm Ethan." he answered her. "And I'm being dragged into this, could you refuse the deal and help me get out of this situation?" he felt tempted to add.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »

Kat's green eyes flicked curiously from Ethan to Paprika (though she didn't her name yet). They didn't seem familiar with each other-certainly not friends, lovers or family.

"Nice to meet you, Ethan.

You two should probably lay it out straight for us. Where you going, what'd you want from traveling with us? I'm certainly not paying you, if you got the scent of blood in the water-yonder gentleman will likely do enough for the both of us, when it comes to what we need."
She said, motioning toward Troy. He was acting the bodyguard, she noticed. Her estimation of him raised a notch. Maybe he was just being frugal, but he seemed to be doing his job before he was rightfully even hired. She respected that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:24:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2012, 12:58:41 pm »

Troy nodded and kept focused. Techically, he didn't have to do this until he was paid a starting fee, but he considered himself hired as soon as Rain said that they wanted his help. All the rest was just details to him now, of which could be sorted out before they left and as they traveled.

As to the strangers, he was forming an opinion of them already, judging by how the acted. The female was apparently the dominant one, or at least sure of herself, while the male seemed to not even want to be there. Perhaps they weren't together and that one of them roped the other into talking with the girls. Probably the female, if that was right, she certainly seemed the outgoing type.

"If you're looking for a free ride on us, then you'll have to look elsewhere. Also, you still haven't explained yourselves."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2012, 04:45:17 pm »

Rain was inclined to stay out of this, dealing with new people wasn't her forte.  Instead she sidled over to Kat and stood with her behind Troy.  "Looks like our new friend is protective.  Do we trust these new people?"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2012, 04:52:09 pm »

You two should probably lay it out straight for us. Where you going, what'd you want from traveling with us? I'm certainly not paying you, if you got the scent of blood in the water-yonder gentleman will likely do enough for the both of us, when it comes to what we need."
"Nice to meet you too." he answered calmly and without much ado. He sounded confident, although not very pleased with the situation.

Then he proceeded to stare at the overactive girl, Paprika. He could already predict what would come next anyway, or at least try to do so. Nonstop cheerful talking. Ethan somehow had the impression he could die of diabetes if he stood by her side for too long, even if her personality happened to be an act.

He wasn't feeling like explaining anything. If she wanted to drag him into something, then she would have to do the talking.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:55:26 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »

Rain  sidled over to Kat and whispered "Looks like our new friend is protective.  Do we trust these new people?"

"I don't know yet. Seems like Ethan there is waiting for the other one to say something sensible..." Kat said aside to her.

((OOC: Damn Skyrunners time zone! :P We'll have to wait like 46 hours for her planetary alignment to correspond with ours so she can post...)))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2012, 03:02:52 am »

"If you're looking for a free ride on us, then you'll have to look elsewhere. Also, you still haven't explained yourselves."

Paprika put her head to one side and looked like she didn't understand.

"Eh? Do you mean we have to pay to just go with you?"

"I don't know where I'm going, and neither does Ethan, probably. I mean, it's not like we have a map of the region or anything. I don't even know what's fifty miles that-away." She points at the door.

"What I want from traveling... Well, there's safety in numbers. I'm also really lonely, and I'm sure Ethan is too. Right?" She grins at Ethan, looking up at him, before returning her gaze to Kat.

"Uh, what does the scent of blood have to do with anything?" Here, Pap looks blank. While she was speaking, she also gestured a lot, and nearly always smiled throughout all she said. A sense of bubbling energy that is barely tied up into the form of a human and set there to boil is the feeling you get from her.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2012, 03:33:18 am »

"I mean that if you want us to look after you two for no reason, then unless they..." Here Troy motions over to the girls behind him. "Say so, then it's not going to happen. Plain and simple."

He took a moment to slightly lean away from the overactive girl infront of him. There were not many people like this even in the old world, as far as he knew, and fewer still in recent times. She was an oddity, and that unnerved him somewhat. He couldn't afford to let his guard down.

"Look, unless you can give a valid reason for us to travel together, other than just because you are lonely, then how are we supposed to trust that you won't try something the moment we let our guard down?"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2012, 03:39:45 am »

((Zako, keep in mind that we want the plot to advance not to stand around arguing all day.  Sometimes it's better to just fudge over apprehensions that your character might have for the sake of come-on we know where this is going, m'kay?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57