Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54164 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2012, 03:54:21 am »

((Ok, ok, fair enough. Just have Rain or Kat tell him to back down a bit, it's that simple. He wants to keep his job after all.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:18:52 am by Zako »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:50 am »

((I'll take care of it too. Wait a moment, post incoming. Or not. I think I'll wait for Rain or Kat's post.

Or Paprika. :P))

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:26:14 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:58 am »

Troubled by how worked up everyone was getting, Rain gave Troy a tap on the shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Hey, Troy.  I think it's really sweet how protective you are being, hon.  But maybe it's possible that they just want to travel with us for the safety and the company?  I don't know these things too well but I don't want to go starting any fights here."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2012, 04:37:50 am »

((If not for PLOT, I suppose Pap'd give up and just go with Ethan. Snagging even one person is hard anyways. :P ))

Paprika frowned.

"Ah... Well, I'd suppose I wouldn't trust me either. Maybe you could... uh... cuff me to someone else? I think I got a pair somewhere..."

She slings her pack on one strap and starts rummaging inside.

"Trust Gavroche, have no fear—he'll always be right here!" she sings in a low voice while looking through her pack. A song she picked up long ago in a pre-Incident recording device. It was too bad the Incident made luxuries like music hard to come by. She envied those who lived when there was hundreds of thousands of songs at their fingertips, so many, all like the singer was right next to you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:39:58 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2012, 04:48:20 am »

"Just bein' careful and doing my job is all. You never know with people. Still, if that's what you want, then alright."

He sits down, still wary about the two strangers.

((Edited to make mainiac happy.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:24:19 am by Zako »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2012, 05:04:42 am »

((Payment  :-\, see that earlier note about gettin' on with it and not spending all day arguing?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2012, 05:06:23 am »

On the verge of frowning mightily, Ethan realized things would not work well and stared at Kat and Rain, since they were the ones the girl wanted to go with. The smaller man seemed like an overprotective bodyguard who probably had less than squeaky-clean intentions to top it off, if he wanted to follow two women by himself. In fact, he -did- remember him as the one who had been smooth-talking to the women some time ago and judging from their talk, he had just been hired. Judging from the way he was trying to woo the more naive-looking one...Yeah.

Ethan also decided to help because the idea of handcuffing the overactive girl to someone would probably get him on the line as the chosen victim.

"This is Paprika, and we don't need to be hauled around. We can take care of our own weight, or at the very least I can, and there is no need for payment of any kind." he started. "There isn't much into it except for what she said, strength in numbers. I'm not lost here, but I don't have much of a direction to go either, and the girl doesn't seem quite in her right mind."

"Besides that, I have the impression she'll follow me from now on and she may lose her interest if we travel as a group." he said plainly and with confidence, crossing his arms, noticing the overactive girl was humming a song he knew. Even then, he resisted the temptation of mentioning it for the moment.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:21:32 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2012, 05:28:12 am »

((Oh relax, I won't take too long about it and I won't be completely unreasonable either. My character needs a reason to interact with everyone else's and I would think that this would be the most likely given his lifestyle.))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:31 am »

((Oh relax, I won't take too long about it and I won't be completely unreasonable either. My character needs a reason to interact with everyone else's and I would think that this would be the most likely given his lifestyle.))

((No your character really doesn't.  Because realistically if you said in this position that you wanted payment to travel with us we'd say "great, there's the door."  We are being patient with you because we know out of character that this is a roleplaying game so we want to stick together.  If it weren't for that we wouldn't be trying so hard to come to an agreement.

Often in the wilderness people band together for protection and company.  That's the reason for sticking together.  It's all very cliche but none of us feel like rewriting cliche at this point which you probably should have noticed from the way your character is getting nothing but funny glances and requests to stop being so aggressive.  If you wanted to do this differently then you should have taken a page from my book and suggested the nature of the relationship right from the start in the character planning stages.  That way we don't waste all day in real life time arguing in a bar in the game world.  Yeah it's all really annoying cliche but do you want to get a move on or not?))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:35:16 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:28 am »

((Yes, it's cliche but what's also cliche is hiring a guide or protection to help people through said wilderness. I'm just trying to stay in character, not push people around. But if you really want to get moving, then fine by me. We can just pretend that Troy said nothing about payment right now and that they can talk about it later when they want to dump him off and then just sat quietly. Happy?))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2012, 06:20:05 am »

((That would make me considerably happier, yes.  If everyone is in agreement then we can move on with the story as soon as Wrex posts again.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:52 am »

((It will take some time for the GM to post, but I think Dwarmin will answer before Wrex, concluding all this scene.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2012, 07:47:17 am »

Kat rapped on the table to get everyones attention.

"So. We're all strangers-cept Rain and Me-most of have no clear where we are going, or why, or how long it's going to take. We don't trust each other, because we've been burned a few times. All of us are looking for something, even if we don't know what. We're lost in a nasty briar, in other words.

Way I see it, the only way out of that briar thicket is to keep walking, not minding the thorns.

So, Let's all walk together, then. At least we won't bleed alone. Agreed?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2012, 08:00:22 am »

Troy looked at Kat, then at Rain then at the two strangers and nodded.

"Alright then. Might as well introduce myself to you two. I'm Troy, an outdoorsman for hire. You don't have to bother with the cuffs by the way."

He rubbed under his nose and looked at Kat directly.

"So, where is this wreck that we call a group heading or doing exactly? Any particular location or job?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2012, 08:04:41 am »

"Agreed."

There wasn't much to talk about, really. As soon as they left, the better, although they'd probably have to wait for her encore...Until then, he'd be stuck.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57