Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54161 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2012, 11:57:48 pm »

"As I said, it's about half a days travel to the east, but more specifically, its in a series of caves near the remains of the old farm. You will know it when you see it. We will be at the outpost, on the mainland, it shouldn't be hard to find us."

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2012, 12:04:57 am »

Troy pats Kat on the shoulder to get her attention and nods silently a few times to show his approval before heading back to sit down.

"Are any of you lot good in a fight? I figure Ethan here would be, but how about you two?"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:19 am »

"Well that was helpful." Rain muttered at the mutants reply before murmuring to her friend.  "Whatever you think is best, Kat.

Troy pats Kat on the shoulder to get her attention and nods silently a few times to show his approval before heading back to sit down.

"Are any of you lot good in a fight? I figure Ethan here would be, but how about you two?"

Rain heads the same way as Troy and leans against a table with her arms crossed as he ask his question.  She hears his question and chews on her lip for a moment while she ponders a response.  "Well, we stayed alive this long, didn't we?"  She gives a shrug and leaves it at that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2012, 01:16:36 am »

Kat thought about it.

"Well that was helpful." Rain muttered at the mutants reply before murmuring to her friend.  "Whatever you think is best, Kat.

"...Well, we stayed alive this long, didn't we?" 

"Staying alive is good enough. Me and Rain mostly avoid trouble when we have to. When we can't avoid it, we'll hit it below the belt. I'm good at moving around with no one seeing me, and we're both crackshots with our bows.

Rain designed em both from spare parts, anyway. She knows the math of the weapons, I know the instinct when to use them."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2012, 01:44:18 am »

"Hmmmm... I see..."

So they could at least handle themselves somewhat in a fight, but other than that, they didn't have a clue. Somewhat disconcerting, but he had been through worse. Hopefully, using the light to their advantage would weaken the mutants to a sufficient degree for them, because otherwise he would have to look out for them in a fight.

"Well... If you think you can handle yourselves, then there's only one way to find out for sure."

He then turned to face Ethan and Paprika.

"And what about you two? Can you fight any good?"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2012, 01:55:22 am »

//You should make preparations as appropriate, this is the last time you will be allowed to change the equipment on your sheet without making purchases at a merchant of some sort. Keep in mind that you probably need something to carry your gear in, as well as a light source, a weapon, ammunition when appropriate, and food and miscellanious items. You may make knowledge checks as appropriate to determine if you know anything about this particular kind of mutant

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2012, 03:05:51 am »

((I'm gonna make torches out of stuff on the way to the nest. Should be easy enough. If only I had more TU's then I could have gotten some more useful stuff...))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2012, 09:09:45 am »

"Hey, Kat, could you ask this guy if he could still identify the head if it had some fire damage?"  A question like that just begs an explanation so Rain gives one after seeing Kat's non-comprehension.
"I have enough supplies left to whip out a few molotovs and I have a couple gallons of ethanol left over from before my generator went to the Radio Shack in the sky.  I figure we just barricade the entrance to this nest of their with duct tape and dead trees then burn the suckers alive in there."

((Changing my character sheet to have 6 TU less in parts in exchange for 6 gallons of ethanol and 3 molotov cocktails.

I gotta say that the price for a torch is just freakishly high.  It's not as high as a 10 foot pole was in dnd 3.5 but still.))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:15:01 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2012, 09:37:13 am »

((@Zako, Maniac, Sky, Cael: Kat's got some fungible goods on her for bartering. Plus she's an excellent barterer. She even took a feat for bartering...what I mean is, if you're looking for additional purchases, ask her. Speaking of which, my sheet doesn't need any changes but I will do some trading in the morning...))

"Burn em out? Sounds good to me."

She turns toward the Mutant.

"You got any physical or moral compunction against this plan? I figure we'll plug most of em as they try to run to cover."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2012, 09:41:06 am »

((Yeah, in the future the negotiations go through Kat.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2012, 10:26:28 am »

((At least where payment, diplomacy and bartering is concerned. Thankfully, I don't think I need anything after some adjustments of my gear, other than more food with is always needed, but I can make do with finding food while we are travelling.

Also, if you are taking molotovs and gas, perhaps you should invest in a lighter, to actually provide a flame to use said items?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »

((Probably making last minute mods too.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2012, 04:28:48 pm »

((Torches are pretty freakishly expensive, I recomend a flashlight. If you find your gun is a drain on the money, the rock launchers are still pretty powerful, but much cheaper, if a bit short ranged. Disk Launchers are VERY cheap, but it's pretty much a D&D Light crossbow.))

He shakes his head "Those tunnels go pretty deep, and have multiple openings. We tried that, and the bastards simply found shelter deeper than our flames could reach. And even fire will not stop their assault. Jeff....He found that out the hard way. Blinded, burning, howling with rage, it still killed him before the fire could do it's work. They must not feel pain as we do."

((Also, a reminder: scavenging uses the search skill, and hand loading ammunition takes the Craft:Mechanical skill))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:39:30 pm by Wrex »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2012, 08:31:55 am »

Kat nodded.

"We'll deal with it however we can, then. I expect half payment in the morning-things we'll use on the job-and half when we get done. Do we have a deal?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2012, 11:23:34 am »

Ethan watched the negotiations with a bit of interest. At the very least, it seemed the girl could drive a hard bargain. The team probably wouldn't be too bad in the end with her help if she could use her charisma in their benefit when equipment and payment were in the line...Yeah, he supposed sticking to a group, at least for some time, wouldn't be too bad.

He just had to make sure to keep his things safe as always, which would probably take a little more effort from that moment on, but nothing too troubling, he supposed.

Ethan stared at the mutant for a moment before asking:
"Have you tried raiding their nests during the night or day? Also, are they attracted or irritated by lound sounds? Do you have any idea of how well they can spot hidden humans, has their sense of smell improved with their mutations?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57