Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109665 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:05 am »

Toaster:
UI:  If Book is "also scum,"  why didn't you vote to lynch him yesterday over Jim?
Because D2 he hadn't done the thing that he's scum for doing. Don't you pay attention when you read?

Book: My reads:
Zombie: He's been fairly noncommital. 6/10 on the Scummeter. ((0/10 is confirmed town, 10/10 is confirmed scum))
Toaster: Leaning town. Not your buddy, that's for damn sure.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 3: Six Feet Left [1 Replacement]
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:25 am »

I'm almost back. >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:16 am »

1: He loves his drama and loves the spotlight.  Hamming it up when he's got the spotlight fits entirely within my meta read of him.
2: That, with his acting on gut over case, his hilariously bad attempt to label my vote as a bandwagon.
3: his uncharacteristic clamming up come D2,
Part 1:  Context.  Yes, you ham regardless of alignment, but the timing and process just stank of "appeal to emotion" to me.
Part 2:  You didn't cite your case when you voted me.  There was no reason not to do so.
Part 3:  Throwing my words back at me works better when they make any sense at all in the context.
Part 1: So, not "meta" after all, as you said it was, then? Nice backpedal. And do you really think an appeal would work three minutes from day end?
Part 2: I cited it when I FoS'd you, which is when I made it.
Part 3: So I'm not "uncharacteristically clamming up" anymore, am I? Was I ever? Or did you just throw up that "uncharacteristical" thing to pad out your empty case?
1:  No, I still think you, personally, would, as scum, ham it up to get unvoted.
2:  See the abbr tag contents.  If that's what you call your case, I guess I have to grant that you did cite it.
3:  I don't see how this is relevant at all to anything.
1: No, your "meta" claim says I'd ham it up, period (which I would, sure, regardless of alignment, because I'm a dramatic kinda guy). If you think I would do it to get unvoted you have to account for me doing it three minutes before day end. Do you think an "appeal" would work three minutes from day end? If not, then your calling appeal on it is scummy, and claiming meta is irrelevant (and scummy to bring up, propping up your empty case).

2: Thank you for agreeing the "gut over case" thing is bogus.

3: You said: "uncharacteristically clamming up". Was I? ever? Or did you just make it up to prop up your empty case?

I have proven your "meta" and "appeal" things don't exist, you have retracted the "gut over case" thing, and you've chickened out from supporting your "clamming up" thing. What is left?

Are you saying massclaim?
I am asking you to claim. Right now. Your role name, abilities, actions, results.

I agree it's a good idea, but you know better than to ask for one then no do it yourself.
If you agree it's a good idea, why are you not taking your own advice and doing it yourself? Go ahead and claim, please. Yes, I'll do so as well after you do.

In fact, what is your read on Dariush?  You've almost completely ignored him the entire game.
He's pretty scummy. I've not played as close attention to him as to you though, and you are scummier. Leaving the deflection aside, what is your own reading of Dariush, Shakerag, and Imiknorris?

Why did you jump around your vote so much at day end yesterday?  How are your actions different from what you're accusing me of doing D1?
Hapah asked me to untunnel and look around, which seemed like a fair thing to do. Which scummy actions did you do that you think I also performed?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2012, 09:36:55 am »

Also Hapah, what the fuck is up with your non-dyingness, specifically why you're not on the vote count?
Toaster got it about right. I'm a dead man walking, basically. No vote and can't be voted, I'll bleed out at the end of the next night.

Was your attempted kill on Dariush a one shot? Also, please answer Imiknorris' question regarding the votecount.
Nah, I shot BMC N1.

I can confirm that my kill went off. I haven't seen anyone claim a protect on Dar yet.

PPE: Oh yeah, to prove the don't-have-a-vote: Dar.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:39 am »

Pfp. unvote
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2012, 02:17:15 pm »

Hey Shakerag, imma inspect you and you scum while you scum.

UI is still scum.
Cool fakeclaim, bro.  Number one, Dariush, you're a filthy liar.  Number two, how did you inspect me when UI claims he blocked you last night?  Not to mention Hapah claims he tried to NK you as well, popular guy. 

So, not that I necessarily think you actually have an inspection, but let's see you flesh out the rest of your claim:  Who did you inspect N1, and what were your reasons for your targets?

Hey zu.  Jim flipped town, so what're your thoughts on Bookthras now?

I'm almost back. >.>
*eyebrow raise*

UI:  So you're not voting because of hammer shenanigans ... but your words seem to indicate you're pretty damn certain Bookthras is scum ... That doesn't seem to add up to me.  As Bookthras himself stated, scum is likely not going to hammerbus.  And even if they do ... how would that be bad?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »

I am Cryptanthus.

My abilities are:
1. Hidden Flower - I have a 33% chance to resist kills.
2. Earth Star (1 use) - I choose 5 people to be targeted randomly by one of tracking, watching, karma, role-cop, and randomize.
I used this ability last night and the results are as follows:
  • Dariush - Tracked - Didn't go anywhere.
  • Shakerag - Randomized
  • Toaster - Watched - No one else targeted him
  • Hapah - Karma'd - You killed yourself.
  • Bookthras - Role-copped. Bookthras is Stephen Colbert. He inspects as mafia and he can kidnap people, which means they cannot vote/action/be voted/be actioned. I take it that he kidnapped Think last night. Why did you kidnap Think0028? Why didn't you kidnap anyone N1?
Hey zu. Jim flipped town, so what're your thoughts on Bookthras now?
Mildly scummy.
ZU:  I'd like to hear more of your case on UI, given you're sure enough to vote him at LYLO with hammers on.
The only scummy thing he did was refusing to vote. Forgot about the hammers thing. Not much of a case.

Hapah: Why did you kill BMC? Why Dariush as a target?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »

Bookthras - Role-copped. Bookthras is Stephen Colbert. He inspects as mafia and he can kidnap people, which means they cannot vote/action/be voted/be actioned. I take it that he kidnapped Think last night. Why did you kidnap Think0028? Why didn't you kidnap anyone N1?

Good claim. Yes, I'm Colbert and the above is right. I'll give my reasons in a bit, I'm still waiting for Toaster's fakeclaim (it's taking him a while to come up with a convincing one, isn't it?)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:25 pm »

Okay then.  I am The Internet.

I have IP points, of which I started at zero and gain one at the end of every day.  If I have less than zero, I cannot vote or action.  I have two night actions:

Protocol:  For each person that targets me on the night I use it, I gain one IP.
Routing:  Each action that targets me that night is mirrored on to whoever uses it.  I lose one IP for each action mirrored.

I also have a day action: Information Superhighway.  I can vote the same person multiple times up to the number of IP I have (so if I have three IP when I activate it, I can vote someone up to three times.)

N1 I used Protocol.  Someone targeted me as I gained one IP, for a total of two.
N2 I used Routing.  I mirrored a watch onto ZU- nobody targeted him.  No one else targeted me.  I lost the one IP I gained for D2, bringing my current total to two.

Information Superhighway is unused.

Since Book is so antsy to see this, posting this now and responding in a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

UI:
Toaster:
UI:  If Book is "also scum,"  why didn't you vote to lynch him yesterday over Jim?
Because D2 he hadn't done the thing that he's scum for doing. Don't you pay attention when you read?

Gotcha.  Was wondering if you had had anything else on him.

Book:
Thank you for agreeing the "gut over case" thing is bogus.

Since you were then riding a bogus case of your own, it doesn't really help you.

You said: "uncharacteristically clamming up". Was I? ever? Or did you just make it up to prop up your empty case?

Here and here- very quiet for you, given you're supposedly convinced I'm scum at that point.

In fact, what is your read on Dariush?  You've almost completely ignored him the entire game.
He's pretty scummy. I've not played as close attention to him as to you though, and you are scummier. Leaving the deflection aside, what is your own reading of Dariush, Shakerag, and Imiknorris?

Dariush is tunneling like hell, not claiming when he should, and smelling of bullshit.  Shakerag is lurky as hell.  UI is fairly neutral- no real reason to suspect him yet.

Why did you jump around your vote so much at day end yesterday?  How are your actions different from what you're accusing me of doing D1?
Hapah asked me to untunnel and look around, which seemed like a fair thing to do. Which scummy actions did you do that you think I also performed?

Since when do you take suggestions like that?

Ignoring your clever wordplay on that question, you changed your vote shortly before day end.  Isn't that the meat of your case on me?

Hapah:  Given you claim to be essentially dead, why haven't you full claimed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2012, 11:01:26 pm »

Feeling a little better!

Toaster: That's fair.

I am Wazdakka Gutsmek, an Ork Warboss. My abilities are Dakka (which is an unlimited use vigikill), and WAAAGH!!! (When I die, I live until the end of the next night. I cannot vote, nor can I be voted. I can still action, so there will be MORE DAKKA).

Toaster: So you're essentially a doublevoter today?

ZU: I shot BMC N1 for lurking. Plus, with it only being N1, and no solid information, I figured shooting a lurker was a better choice than firing blindly into the crowd. Dar would have caught a bullet N2 for pulling that list of stuff UI supposedly did out of his ass, then going "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM" when he got called on it. But no, you made me shoot myself, I guess. I'm trying to catch you on fire with my mind, fyi. No worries, though! My psychic powers are about as strong as a busted 28.8k modem.

Shake: I'm guessing that ZU's randomize claim on you holds water?

Book: Can you flesh out that abduction mechanic? Was it a 1-shot, or did you vanish Tolyk too?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

Dariush
Cool story bro. Why?

Number two, how did you inspect me when UI claims he blocked you last night?
Because he's a filthy liar.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2012, 02:32:00 am »

Dar would have caught a bullet N2 for pulling that list of stuff UI supposedly did out of his ass, then going "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM" when he got called on it.
Cool story bro. How about you tell me exactly which points of my UI case are wrong and where exactly I went "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM"?

Also, nightly vigkill that can be used post-mortem? I smell bullshit.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2012, 04:03:01 am »

Toaster:
Since you were then riding a bogus case of your own, it doesn't really help you.
It does, since it shows you lied when accusing me of it.

You said: "uncharacteristically clamming up". Was I? ever? Or did you just make it up to prop up your empty case?
Here and here- very quiet for you, given you're supposedly convinced I'm scum at that point.
I was, and I stated it there. You make it sound like I only post walls of text. Some times I can be terse. Once in school I was laconic.

But still neither uncaracteristical nor clamming, so your case is built on lies.

Since when do you take suggestions like that?
I do quite often. If someone posts a good point, I have no compunction recognizing it as a good point, regardless of what I think of their alignment. I am quite capable of adjusting to circumstances. We've had this conversation elsewhere, it's neither a big deal nor uncharacteristic.

Ignoring your clever wordplay on that question, you changed your vote shortly before day end.  Isn't that the meat of your case on me?
No, the meat of my case on you was a decisive bandwagon vote with no reasons. Mine was neither decisive nor bandwagon nor reasonless. I did find your timing curious, but that was not the meat of my case, no. Once again, your objections are pure fantasies, and the reasons for your scummitude stand unchallenged.

Hapah:
I am Wazdakka Gutsmek, an Ork Warboss. My abilities are Dakka (which is an unlimited use vigikill), and WAAAGH!!! (When I die, I live until the end of the next night. I cannot vote, nor can I be voted. I can still action, so there will be MORE DAKKA).
Heh. I knew you were scum, you scum, when you fell for my trap earlier. Clearly you are the SK that Tiruin was SK-ally to. Your nightly kill (and lack of another) leave no alternative.

What to do about that, however, is another question. You can't, apparently, be voted, which is weird and leaves us few options. You say you will be dead by next morning, but you may easily be lying and be converted to a doomspeaker or something instead. Not much can be done about that either, I guess, but to try to lynch the scum.

Since according to you you are going to die anyway, and can't be voted, level with us and claim your Serial Killer alignment. More information is always good.

Book: Can you flesh out that abduction mechanic? Was it a 1-shot, or did you vanish Tolyk too?
Sure. My abduction is my only power (as Zombie said), and it is horribly useless. Unlike what one would expect, it comes last in the order of precedence for night actions; that is, after kills happen and so on. Therefore, I can't use it either to kidnap a scum and prevent the kill or kidnap a townie (essentially protecting them) before they are targeted. This makes it pretty useless. I reasoned that if I kidnapped someone I thought was scum and that scum made the nightkill, my kidnap would instead of preventing it give them an alibi, which would be counterproductive, so I limited myself to targeting lurkers.

N1 I targeted BMC. He was killed before I could get to him, so I had no effect. Last night I kidnapped Think, mostly because I didn't want to either mess with a townie nor give a scum an alibi. I will release Think if a replacement comes. I had nothing to do with Tolyk's thing, but if he does indeed come back, I think I'll release Think as well, to up the hammering thing to five.

... speaking of which, who is the scum? Clearly Dariush is one. He was apparently blocked last night, and the scum didn't kill (other than Hapah, hitting himself). By my count, he's at L-1 at the moment (voted by Zombie, Hapah, and Shakerag). I have no objections to lynching him, but hammering right now would be premature. Let's keep the conversation going instead.

To that end, and also because I still think he's scum, my vote remains on Toaster. Who else? I'm thinking Shake's post/vote smells like a bus, but I'm not certain.

wuba: vote count, please.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:51 am »

Wuba, if a player is both blocked and tracked, what would the tracker see?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28