Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109662 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

A couple of corrections/additions to my previous:

a) Regarding Toaster's "case" on me, notice how he silently dropped and left unanswered whether "hamming it up" was relevant (since he thinks I'd do it regardless of alignment) or how an appeal to emotion would work three minutes from day end. That's also bullshit.

b) Toaster: you have now kept your vote on me for two weeks. Please restate your case, taking into account that you passed on the above, that you "grant that I did cite" my case, that I didn't clam up, and so on.

c) Dariush isn't at L-1 after all, since Hapah's vote doesn't count... still, I say voting him risks a premature hammer, so I'll stay voting the other scum.

d) Regarding my claim, I'll clarify since my wording may have been ambiguous: the kidnap is my only action, and it's nightly (not one shot); if I kidnap someone else, the previous target is released and returns to the game; I have an auto, which is to appear mafia on inspections (i.e., miller). Role name is indeed Stephen Colbert.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 3: Six Feet Left [1 Replacement]
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2012, 06:38:03 am »

I am Aether (Metroid Prime: Echoes)
Auto: Unstable: If I no-action, I target a random person with one of my actions at random.
Night: Luminoth: I watch the target.
Night: Ing: I block the target.
1-shot, Day: Energy Transfer Module: I lose one of my night actions (my choice). I gain a one-shot kill that can only be used the next night, and cannot be affected by any other action.

Traded my watch for the kill D1, used it on BMC N1, blocked Dar N2.

More after class.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2012, 07:00:35 am »

Auto: Unstable: If I no-action, I target a random person with one of my actions at random.
Oh really, UI? That's the best fakeclaim you can pull out of your ass?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 30, 2012, 07:42:58 am »

Wuba, if a player is both blocked and tracked, what would the tracker see?
The tracker would see "No Result."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down [1 Replacement]
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2012, 07:49:39 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag - Dariush,
zombie urist -
Dariush - Shakerag, zombie urist,
Urist Imiknorris -
Toaster - Bookthras,
Bookthras -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Urist Imiknorris, Toaster,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2012, 09:03:56 am »

Book:  It's cute that you think that your case being so small and insignificant that I missed it somehow equates to me being a liar about it.

For the timing not being the "meat of your case," you sure brought it up a lot.

Dariush:  It's well past time for you to claim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

Cool story bro. How about you tell me exactly which points of my UI case are wrong and where exactly I went "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM"?

Also, nightly vigkill that can be used post-mortem? I smell bullshit.
You gave a big list of reasons here as to why UI is scum, he contested half of them in the next post as pure bullshit, and then we have this love 3-post exchange. I asked you to explain the posts that UI contested (and which appear to be false), and you responded with this. It sure doesn't look like an answer to me.

And yeah, I get one more shot.
Quote from: Book
Heh. I knew you were scum, you scum, when you fell for my trap earlier. Clearly you are the SK that Tiruin was SK-ally to. Your nightly kill (and lack of another) leave no alternative.

What to do about that, however, is another question. You can't, apparently, be voted, which is weird and leaves us few options. You say you will be dead by next morning, but you may easily be lying and be converted to a doomspeaker or something instead. Not much can be done about that either, I guess, but to try to lynch the scum.

Since according to you you are going to die anyway, and can't be voted, level with us and claim your Serial Killer alignment. More information is always good.
Look at what you just said. You think me being some sort of SK-Doomspeaker combo that can't be voted once he turns Doomspeaker is more likely than me telling the truth? Moot point, I'll be dead as of next morning, but c'mon, man.

And yeah, I'm actually Town. Do you think I'd still be trying to find out how abilities work if I was an SK? (And this is kinda relaxing, actually!)

Web: And what if a Tracker follows someone who just elected to stay home? Does that return "No Result" as well?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 30, 2012, 09:32:21 am »

No, Dariush, that's not a fakeclaim. You just want to call it fake because you got blocked.

Dar would have caught a bullet N2 for pulling that list of stuff UI supposedly did out of his ass, then going "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM" when he got called on it.
Cool story bro. How about you tell me exactly which points of my UI case are wrong and where exactly I went "HAI EVERYONE LOOK AT JIM"?
Ooh, I'll take this one. I questioned you about your case on me, asking for evidence on the points which were demonstrably false, asked you for your other suspects, and you ignored me completely, and have ever since.

Dariush
Cool story bro. Why?

Number two, how did you inspect me when UI claims he blocked you last night?
Because he's a filthy liar.
And yet ZU's claim confirms that you didn't go anywhere.

(I'd be voting you, but I agree with Book - that risks a premature hammer)

Shakerag:
UI:  So you're not voting because of hammer shenanigans ... but your words seem to indicate you're pretty damn certain Bookthras is scum ... That doesn't seem to add up to me.  As Bookthras himself stated, scum is likely not going to hammerbus.  And even if they do ... how would that be bad?
Because shut up, that's why. My indicated certainty was for pressure, which is useless now because you made me explain it. But with ZU's claim, either Book's town or he and ZU are the remaining scum.

Also claim.

web: The "karma" action duplicates the target's night action against them, right?

If so, we still have a missing kill on Dariush.

Hapah: Who are you going to kill tonight?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 30, 2012, 09:44:33 am »

UI: Dunno, gotta see all the cards first. And since we're missing 2 claims (I think?) with 11 hours to day end, Extend.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #309 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:25 am »

Missed this post.

Book:
a) Regarding Toaster's "case" on me, notice how he silently dropped and left unanswered whether "hamming it up" was relevant (since he thinks I'd do it regardless of alignment) or how an appeal to emotion would work three minutes from day end. That's also bullshit.

b) Toaster: you have now kept your vote on me for two weeks. Please restate your case, taking into account that you passed on the above, that you "grant that I did cite" my case, that I didn't clam up, and so on.

c) Dariush isn't at L-1 after all, since Hapah's vote doesn't count... still, I say voting him risks a premature hammer, so I'll stay voting the other scum.

A:  I still think it's relevant, yes.  I don't know how it'd work- you did it, not me.

B:  I'm absolutely sick of restating my case on you repeatedly.  If you can't be arsed to read my old posts, I can't be arsed to repost it.  Do note the points in my last post, though.

C:  So just how sure are you that Dariush is scum?

PPE:  That close already?  Yeah, Extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:06 am »

Extend as well.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 30, 2012, 09:51:32 am »

...I wonder if my Extend counts, lol.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2012, 10:03:46 am »

Gotta love how AT FUCKING LYLO everyone just plain ignores my inspect and prefers to lynch me instead becauuuse... Let's sum up the reasons why people want to see me dead, why don't we?

1) Shakerag votes me because I got a scum inspect on him;
2) ZU votes me because explaining things is for lesser beings;
3) UI wants to see me dead because he's scum who can't pull together a halfway-decent case on anyone else and contents himself with crappy OMGUS;
4) Book wants me dead because he's a fucking cretin, but everyone knew that already.

So, let's see if I correctly estimate the scum line-up. Shakerag is confirmed scum, UI is so fucking scum that he nearly borders on being confirmed and there's at least one scum among ZU and Book. And Hapah is probably SK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 30, 2012, 10:13:54 am »

You forgot "Toaster is about to vote me because I'm not roleclaiming while simultaneously trying to get Shakerag lynched for an inspect I'm claiming."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17:25 am »

extend pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28