Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109663 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Night 1: Flavorless For The Moment
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:01 am »

Webadict blew the steam away from my cups of noodles. Mist slowly faded away from the computer screen.

Little Jimmy was in quite the predicament. He has a little temper tantrum and then, before you know it, infinite time out! Choc it up to bad parenting; there's no candy-coating it.

The small mob crowds around him, and he laughs. Of COURSE it's not Jim! It's definitely blackmagechill.

Oh wait, my bad. He's dead. It can't be him.

Back to the drawing board, web.

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag -
zombie urist -
Dariush - Hapah,
Urist Imiknorris - Dariush,
Toaster - Shakerag,
Think0028 -
Hapah -
Bookthras - Jim Groovester, Toaster,
Jim Groovester - zombie urist, Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Think0028,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Jim Groovester has been lynched!

Jim Groovester was Junior Mints (town).

Webadict puts an x through Jim, as Jim is executed. Good night, sweet prince!

It is now Night.

Jim Groovester - Junior Mints

Alignment: Town
(Auto) Mint Condition: You may use up to two different action each Night.
(Night) Chocolate Coating [target]: The target is unblockable during this Night. You may self-target with this action.
(1-Shot, Night) Cream Copy [target]: You gain the action(s) the target used during this Phase. You may not gain certain alignment-related actions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down [1 Replacement]
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

Webadict's dreams were haunted by the ghost of Jim Groovester. "Booooo," he wailed. "Why doooo yoooou suuuuuck?"

Webadict rolled his dream-self's eyes, woke up, and logged in.

Luckily, he found Hapah sliced in half. Yet, for some strange reason, Hapah was still walking and talking with 46% of his brain. Well, almost.

Also, Think0028 seems to have logged off or something. That kid seems to have AFKed away from life.

Think0028 has disappeared!

Hapah has been killed!

Hapah has REFUSED TO DIE!

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag -
zombie urist -
Dariush -
Urist Imiknorris -
Toaster -
Bookthras -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - zombie urist, Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris, Toaster, Shakerag, Dariush,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 3: Six Feet Left [1 Replacement]
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2012, 09:41:39 pm »

Dariush is still scum, and I will not be convinced otherwise unless he actually responds to me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:57 pm »

Toaster: Please answer the questions pending for you.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:47 pm »

Book is also scum.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:26 pm »

Book is also scum.
Reasons? If he and Dariush are scum, why aren't you voting for them, UI?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2012, 11:59:40 pm »

Because if I'm wrong, scum may be able to hammer for the win, barring serious shenanigans. And now you know why Book is scum - he should know better.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:25 am »

Because if I'm wrong, scum may be able to hammer for the win, barring serious shenanigans. And now you know why Book is scum - he should know better.
Interesting... I didn't think of that. But scum wouldn't band to hammer Toaster, since he's scum himself (come on, scum, jump in and hammer him - I fucking dare you).

But the main point: if voting is risky because scum may hammer... how do we lynch scum without voting? What is your read of Zombie and Toaster?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2012, 12:44:04 am »

Did anyone protect Dar last night? 'cause I didn't get a message about being blocked and he should be blasted full of holes.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2012, 01:21:10 am »

Book:
Interesting... I didn't think of that.
Of course you wouldn't, scum.

But scum wouldn't band to hammer Toaster, since he's scum himself
You just know this?

But the main point: if voting is risky because scum may hammer... how do we lynch scum without voting?
By discussing who to lynch before voting them. That way, either the target gets lynched or the scumteam reveal themselves to save the scum lynchee (opening themselves up to night actions).

What is your read of Zombie and Toaster?
These will come in the morning once I've reread.

Hapah: I take it blocking him doesn't count?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:04 am »

Hey Shakerag, imma inspect you and you scum while you scum.

UI is still scum.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2012, 05:36:54 am »

Hey scumshits imma block you and you still did something?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2012, 05:41:05 am »

Also Hapah, what the fuck is up with your non-dyingness, specifically why you're not on the vote count?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2012, 06:29:42 am »

Hapah:
Did anyone protect Dar last night? 'cause I didn't get a message about being blocked and he should be blasted full of holes.
Was your attempted kill on Dariush a one shot? Also, please answer Imiknorris' question regarding the votecount.

Toaster: please claim role & actions in full. What is your interpretation of Hapah's lack of presence on the vote count?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2012, 08:15:07 am »

Book:
Toaster: Jim is clearly not paying attention. Suspected a corpse, and has nothing related to D2 in any of his rationales. Since he isn't paying attention, isn't he voteworthy?

If this had been D1 and I didn't have a solid better lead (you), then pretty much yes.

Part 1:  Context.  Yes, you ham regardless of alignment, but the timing and process just stank of "appeal to emotion" to me.

Part 2:  You didn't cite your case when you voted me.  There was no reason not to do so.

Part 3:  Throwing my words back at me works better when they make any sense at all in the context.

Part 1: So, not "meta" after all, as you said it was, then? Nice backpedal. And do you really think an appeal would work three minutes from day end?

Part 2: I cited it when I FoS'd you, which is when I made it. When I voted you, again, it was three minutes from end, so no time (or at that point, will) to elaborate. It had been said before. Those are reasons.

Part 3: So I'm not "uncharacteristically clamming up" anymore, am I? Was I ever? Were there ever 24 hours between my posts? Or did you just throw up that "uncharacteristical" thing to pad out your empty case?

1:  No, I still think you, personally, would, as scum, ham it up to get unvoted.

2:  See the abbr tag contents.  If that's what you call your case, I guess I have to grant that you did cite it.

3:  I don't see how this is relevant at all to anything.

Toaster: please claim role & actions in full. What is your interpretation of Hapah's lack of presence on the vote count?

Are you saying massclaim?  I agree it's a good idea, but you know better than to ask for one then no do it yourself.  Why are you neither claiming nor asking everyone else to do so?  Specifically, why not Dariush, who is partially claiming already?

In fact, what is your read on Dariush?  You've almost completely ignored him the entire game.

I'm guessing he is dead in game terms, but has some sort of power that lets him keep posting after death.

Why did you jump around your vote so much at day end yesterday?  How are your actions different from what you're accusing me of doing D1?

UI:  If Book is "also scum,"  why didn't you vote to lynch him yesterday over Jim?

ZU:  I'd like to hear more of your case on UI, given you're sure enough to vote him at LYLO with hammers on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28