Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109678 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down [1 Replacement]
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2012, 01:23:39 pm »

Quote from: UI
Who did you suspect? And why are you asking him who you should have voted?
This post. The only other person I could have even tied the vote on would be Toaster, and I felt Book was a better lynch.
Passive as all hell. You could have just broken the tie yourself.
I could have broken it by lynching the person I didn't want to lynch. Not much to be gained from lynching borno; Book and Toaster would have given more information and I thought Book looked worse.
I can't tell where the sarcasm ends and the resentment begins.
It's my own special blend.
So that's how you're parsing his wincon? I'm reading it as "he wins with the SK, but only if he's still alive."
Huh. That'd be a really weak (or at least hard to win with) role, though. It's like a Brother who doesn't know who his brother is and has to live to see the endgame to win.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50:40 pm »

Passive as all hell. You could have just broken the tie yourself.
I could have broken it by lynching the person I didn't want to lynch. Not much to be gained from lynching borno; Book and Toaster would have given more information and I thought Book looked worse.
And no-lynching would be a better option?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2012, 01:56:38 pm »

No, a borno lynch is better than a no lynch, and I watched the thread to make sure a no lynch didn't happen. A Book or Toaster lynch would have at least given us some information, but I don't feel that we gained much from the borno lynch.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

Votecount?

Is the vote tied between Dar and Book?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2012, 06:32:16 pm »

Jim:
derp tunnel
Why the fuck are you interjecting your opinion in a question directed to zombie urist?
What the fuck do you think you're doing, Bookthras?
I'm calling you out on your tunnel tunnel chunnel tunnel. Aren't you doing it? If you are, how should you not be called out on it? Or is that something only you are allowed to do?

The fact is, you are tunneling on me, for no good reason - I'll dissect your case below, but it remains the case that it's both flimsy and you have not voted or even given a serious look at anyone else for over a fucking week or even read the day start post, so fuck yeah, you should be challenged on it. This is not about Zombie, it is about you, you broken record tunnel boring scum.

But you, Bookthras, are scum for posting insubstantial fluff in favor of actual content, voting for weak reasons during Day 1, and being a drama queen at the end of the day.
So, you're tunneling on me because during early D1 I posted insubstantial fluff... not because of anything I have actually posted that is game related, both D1 and D2. Unless I had posted nothing but insubstantial stuff, it's completely irrelevant. Then voting for "weak reasons", but I say my case on Toaster is certainly stronger than at least his on me, and again you focus on what went on D1 only -- has D2 not happened at all in your mind? Then being dramatic... which I don't deny, but don't see how it's scummy or reason for a vote ("fuck if I know", you said, so if you don't know, how is it part of your case?).

Therefore, not only your case is fluffy fluff, it entirely ignores D2, as you showed by casting aspersions on a corpse. Had you been at least engaged enough to get solid suspicions on anyone else, I'd not call you out for tunneling, but this level of disengagement is scummy in its own right: it tells me you are not interested in the town's survival or success. But let's see what Toaster thinks:

Toaster: Jim is clearly not paying attention. Suspected a corpse, and has nothing related to D2 in any of his rationales. Since he isn't paying attention, isn't he voteworthy?

...you know what? I think he may be. Jim. (before you say it, your accusation of "not paying attention" when you voted me was because you thought I missed an answer to a question (which I didn't, but never mind), mine at Jim is for ignoring the entirety of the day and who is alive or dead -- bit different, yes?)

He loves his drama and loves the spotlight.  Hamming it up when he's got the spotlight fits entirely within my meta read of him.
I do love the drama thing, and enjoy the spotlight, sure, but notice how it fits within his "meta", not "scum meta" read of me; i.e., I do love the drama regardless of alignment, on all games, so how does he read that as part of his "case"?

That, with his acting on gut over case, his hilariously bad attempt to label my vote as a bandwagon,
a) my case was posted even before I cited gut, unlike your "meta and not paying attention" lack of a case; b) it was a third on bandwagon vote, with no reason or case beyond "not paying attention", that is a bandwagon vote under any definition.

his uncharacteristic clamming up come D2, gives me plenty of reason to vote him.
I like how you accuse me of being some sort of mastermind who can "carefully time" when he can get on to post. As you know, some days I'm busier than others. Yesterday I was busy, and still made a couple of posts. There's no clamming up except in your imagination; your trying to add this spurious bit to your "case" is scummy as well.

Part 1:  Context.  Yes, you ham regardless of alignment, but the timing and process just stank of "appeal to emotion" to me.

Part 2:  You didn't cite your case when you voted me.  There was no reason not to do so.

Part 3:  Throwing my words back at me works better when they make any sense at all in the context.

Part 1: So, not "meta" after all, as you said it was, then? Nice backpedal. And do you really think an appeal would work three minutes from day end?

Part 2: I cited it when I FoS'd you, which is when I made it. When I voted you, again, it was three minutes from end, so no time (or at that point, will) to elaborate. It had been said before. Those are reasons.

Part 3: So I'm not "uncharacteristically clamming up" anymore, am I? Was I ever? Were there ever 24 hours between my posts? Or did you just throw up that "uncharacteristical" thing to pad out your empty case?

Considering your case on Hapah, would you have thought him scummy if he responded to your post and continued not to vote?
I would have given him shit for it, but I wouldn't have voted him. The vote was because it was a reaction to be called scummy, but for now I'm willing to buy his "first real opportunity" excuse, pending future developments.

Hapah:
Is the vote tied between Dar and Book?
See above regarding your voting excuse. Regarding the tie, it's between Dariush, Jim, and I. I still think Toaster is scum, though, but I have only one vote, so it goes to Jim for wasting and failing to notice the entire day because he has a huge stick up his ass. This lack of interest, continued tunneling on the face of no case, or considering other options, make me think Jim is not town or concerned with the town survival at all.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2012, 06:47:32 pm »

Sure thing.
No, wait. You haven't explained how it's a tunnel yet. Maybe you ought to?
Are you retarded? I was voting Bookthras. I can't break a tie in Bookthras' favor if I'm already voting him.
Hiding doesn't do a lot of good if you're about to be lynched. Acting more brazenly and desperately wouldn't be out of the question.
Maybe because you've been on him for the entirety of day 2?
Funny how you told Tiruin to lynch Borno not Bookthras.
Tiruin, with your double vote on zombie urist and borno you tied the vote between borno and Bookthras. I will point out that you can break the tie and lynch one of your targets if you double vote borno. Is there any special reason why you don't want to lynch borno badly enough to double vote him and break the tie? Or maybe you don't want to be responsible for a mislynch.

Seriously now?  Half the fucking players in this game are tunneling.  Try harder.  If you want to vote someone for tunneling, then what's your read on UI and Darishush?
That doesn't mean tunneling becomes acceptable. Of UI and Dariush, UI's arguments are better.

Can you count to two? Are you completely certain that Jim equals two people?
lolfail. I meant for you to answer that question you posed to UI, since you've been focused on him since RVS.

But that goes the same for you. There was a tie. Do you think the tie should have prevailed? How do you see your vote on borno after the fact? Why do you think a call to break the tie is voteworthy? Would you have broken the tie and how?
I don't think there was a tie before the mod extend and Tiruin already broke the tie before the second time the day was supposed to end. I don't think calling to break a tie in itself is noteworthy, but it is scummy the way Jim did it. I would have considered moving my vote onto you to break the tie.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2012, 07:20:39 pm »

Fuck this tie.

Jim:
I'm sorry I have a high opinion of your abilties.

I'll retract it.
Yeah, sure. Don't rock the boat. That'd draw attention to you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like you've never made a stupid mistake in a game of mafia before.
I make them all the time. Just not nearly of that magnitude.

Also, I looked back through today, and you've done nothing but defend yourself, attack Bookthras, and answer questions all day. Well, almost nothing - you poked Hapah about his reason for voting Dariush.

Extend.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2012, 07:48:04 pm »

Why Jim all of the sudden? Where'd all this come from?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2012, 07:54:56 pm »

My case is posted above - do you have more specific questions? Why now: because when asked about his picks and his case earlier today, he betrayed he hadn't looked at the game at all D2, had no case to speak of, and no intention of finding scum. If it seems sudden is because these scummy posts were made today, but a reread of what he has done pretty much the whole day supports it.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2012, 07:55:25 pm »

Why Jim all of the sudden? Where'd all this come from?
It is not all of a sudden. And it came from the vote being a three-way tie. I'd rather be voting Dariush, but I'm not just going to let it be a tie two hours from day end.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Night 1: Flavorless For The Moment
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2012, 08:31:51 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag -
zombie urist -
Dariush - Hapah,
Urist Imiknorris - Dariush,
Toaster - Shakerag,
Think0028 -
Hapah -
Bookthras - Jim Groovester, Toaster,
Jim Groovester - zombie urist, Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Think0028,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

Hm. I don't want to tie the vote, so alright. I don't quite see what you guys see, though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

You're right- this is totally out of left field. 

Extend because Book and his buddy UI are doing exactly what Book is voting me for.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2012, 09:23:56 pm »

Hm. I don't want to tie the vote, so alright. I don't quite see what you guys see, though.
He's done nothing productive all day. Read his posts and see for yourself.

Extend because Book and his buddy UI are doing exactly what Book is voting me for.
You'd rather I had let the vote stay tied?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

And Bookthras proves himself the king of scummy last minute vote changes.

I'm too tired to deal with this right now.

Extend.

If it doesn't go through, let it be known that you guys are fucking idiots.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28