Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War  (Read 26838 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought there wasn't much of anything for me to do until Tiruin gets to the station.

Prepare some sort of ambush.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought there wasn't much of anything for me to do until Tiruin gets to the station.

Prepare some sort of ambush.
Yep, but you could still try to do something creative to give you an edge :)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

@Nirur: Yah, use you're 'free' time to do some creative upgrades your ship. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

If only I could do that, I'm stuck heading into a suicide mission against something thats going to fuck me over :<

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bumping this. :P

I know it's not too late in updating, but I find myself really liking this game, Adwarf.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bumping this. :P

I know it's not too late in updating, but I find myself really liking this game, Adwarf.

:D Thanks Dwarm, and no worries working on the update, I have to finish up a couple of ships for the U.M. forces, but it shouldn't take much longer :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 7 - Storage Bays, & Skeletons

Captain Nrelshy, and Mr. Success (Nirur Torir)

Seeing the time as right you move your fleet towards the cluster of asteroids just outside the sensor range of the U.M.'s forces, and your ships set up. Those ships with Breaker Warheads set down on the asteroids, and set up for a long range bombardment while the remained of your ships set up in defensive formations to prepare for the coming fight. As you watch a flash of light from the gate signals the arrival of the Merchants, but as you watch you see their numbers to be around an eight of what you were told they would be, the remainder had stayed behind to be sure of their safety. Cursing you begin to scan the new arrivals for signs of the databanks signal, and within minutes you find that its cargo freighter had been one of the first through. 'It must be an attempt at a bargaining chip.' you think as you turn back, and send a message to the missile ships to begin the bombardment.

Phase 1: Long Range Barrage vs. U.M. P.D.

As you watch the dozen or, so missiles go flying leaving behind no evidence of their approach as they grew closer, and closer to their targets within the U.M. fleet. You feel a momentary horror as one of destroyers levels its weapons in your direction, but within moments of the weapons coming to a halt you see a warhead smash its way through the side of the ship, and burrow its way in slightly. Within seconds an explosion rips through the destroyer leaving behind a field of scrap metal, in a single second that king of space had been reduced to nothing more then a few pieces of scrap, and other things floating beside it you'd rather not think of. Shaking your head slightly you come back long enough to see the remainder of the warheads smash against the pitiful fleet assembled here, two of the frigates are consumed in balls of fire, and blink out of existence, but the rest manage to survive though badly wounded, and with only the bare amount of armor of the internal superstructures of the ship. The last missile slams into the side of one of the U.M. carriers, but it simply brushes the damage off.

Now the fight begins in earnest ...

Spoiler: Captain Nrelshy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mr. Success (click to show/hide)

Aurin Velias, and Misericordia Nex (Tiruin)

The ship replies "You'll have to betray them to get what we want, but you'd be helping an enslaved race gain freedom ... They are here make your choice soon." the communication shuts off, and you watch as missiles come screaming through the abyss of space, and rip the U.M. forces to shreds in front of you. The situation quickly becomes sour as several of the U.M. ships level weapons on you, and you get hundreds of messages reading things like, "Surrender traitors!", "How dare you attack us during a deal!", and "We will destroy you!" It seems the rumors about the U.M. being in a rough spot were true, and now you had a choice to make help this supposed enslaved race, or follow your employers ... wherever that might lead you.

Spoiler: Aurin Velias (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misericordia Nex (click to show/hide)

U.M. Forces
Spoiler: Destroyer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Carriers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frigates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighters (click to show/hide)

Captain Jack Scott, and the Void's End (empfan)

"Repair my ship, and you got yourself a deal." you say, and the Commander gives you a grin as he walks forward, and whispers something into one of the people's ear, as  soon as he finishes the man sets to work on something, and the Commander walks back over to you. You hear him say, "Sorry about this part." and then feel a sharp short pain in your neck before your vision darkens to blackness. After several disturbing dreams about the Swarm, and what feels like a few days later you awaken to find yourself in a hallway junction with a note in your hand, "Sorry, its something we had to do, ahead is the armory, to the right is the Med-Bay, and to the left is Mechanics section. Take your time, and explore, I gave you some requisition credits to use if need be, and whenever you want to live come back to this junction, and use the elevator behind you." Spinning around you find an elevator, and it has a small plate above it with your ship name on it, disturbingly enough it has six others scratched out. Well where to now?

Spoiler: Captain Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Void's End (click to show/hide)

K'zan, and Star's Glare (Sinpwn)

"Let's head back to the station to drop this junk off. We'll probably head back for another run to appraise some of the bigger ships around here or see what we're up against at that shipyard." you say as you direct your six best men to pick up the weapons from the crate. Taking them in the hand the six of them look a bit unsure at first, but they soon get used to how the weapon feels, and give you a quick nod. You quickly make your way to the bridge and the second you take your seat the command to jump is given, all the forces in the area suddenly warp out. After the familiar tug of jumping wears off you find the lumbering, decrepit, and lifeless corpse that is the remains of the station. When you ask if their is any where to store things nearby the locals reply that there is still a storage dock on the lowest levels of the station that is working condition, you can store your stuff there, and start making a small base of operations out of it when you get the resources.

Spoiler: K'zan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Star's Glare (click to show/hide)

Captain Sai'oda Fresa, and Endless Fury (Dwarmin)

Heading down the hallway towards the med-bay you begin to find scorch marks in increasing frequency covering the walls, and on the ground you see the piles of broken droids, slain by some unknown enemy with claws, or something similar. When you finally arrive at the med-bay you find around fifteen droids smashed, and pushed to the side, behind them stands a lone droid that has long since lost power from the massive spike rammed into its chest. You find the door untouched, and Breo easily hacks the terminal allowing you entrance to the room, inside most of the tables, and lockers are piled into a sort of barricade-fortress in one of the corners while the remaining containers, and lockers are left toppled/scattered about the remains of the room.

Near the barricade you spot a few skeletons, and as you look you see a small glint in one of their hands, heading over to take a look you find a small holo-tape held in the skeleton's hand, and several rusted, and useless guns scattered around it. Looking it over you find there to be no encryption on the file, but you'll need to wait till your back on board your ship, and using a closed-circuit computer to view the document on it. Frowning slightly at the skeletons you turn, and begin ordering your men to gather any supplies they can into piles to see what might be useful for you to take.

Spoiler: Supplies Found (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Sai'oda Fresa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Endless Fury (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sai'oda cocked her head to one side. Nice finds, but it was only the start..the state of the bodies suggested...well, she didn't really want to know. Her own desire was just to get this place stripped down, and get her crew out safely.

"Leave the empty lockers here, and the droids. Everything else, let's start loading." She said, picking up a box of medical supplies and hefting it onto the lift-it looked to her like Striptrocyene, which she recalled was a powerful tranquilizer, sometimes used on animals, or dangerous criminals...naturally, it could be distilled into 'Cyn Strips', a popular party drug among the more stupid youth, who didn't mind a chance of sudden heart failure now and again. She didn't ask any questions, though-they paid her for it, what they did after was their own business, she usually told herself.

Quote from: Looted Goods
250 Kg of Various Basic Medical Supplies [G.C. Worth = 1500 or so]
50 Kg of Advanced Medical Equipment [G.C. Worth = 5000]
500 G.C. [No Weight]
40 Kg of Old Computers
80 Kg of Scrap Metal
20 Kg of Scrap Electronics

444/1000 KG capacity

Afterwards, they backed up to the intersection-this time, heading toward the Propulsion Lab. She was saving the guns for last-to give her crew, some of who might grumble at having to pick up boxes of medical supplies, a nice reward at the end.

Action: Load up the listed goods, then backtrack and head to Propulsion Lab 2

OOC: @Adwarf: Also, can I consider myself and followers to carry about 50 kgs worth of equipment if it comes to it? That's about 100 pounds, which would put them at the weight a Marine carries with his weapons. :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:11:41 am by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chart is ago
Code: [Select]
- Breo, and Your Carry Weight: 50 Kg
- Rookie Carry Weight: 20 Kg
- Crewmen Carry Weight: 40 Kg
- Grav Lift: 1000 Kg (Don't forget there are more of these in the cargo/hanger bay)
- Small Transport: 15 People, 4000 Kg
- Heavy troop Transport: 50 People, 8000 Kg

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No longer confused, looking for application sheet, I guess.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:34:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Still one free spot.

Also, decisions, decisions...Hm.))

Aurin returned the encrypted message with downcast eyes and headed towards the Bridge. There, she met the X.O. once more. She requesting him to a meeting in private.

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)

What came over Aurin after leaving the room was a mixed sense of dread and disbelief. If she would break her word to the Merchants and the mercenaries, then it would mean yet another failure mark in her life. But, in the long run, she would be helping an enslaved race gain their own freedom. Something she and her people had to fight for alone.

Freedom.

The word was so easily used by those who haven't tasted it's splendour, it's glory, it's tranquility. She knew, or at least knew the repercussions, of an enslaved race - to serve against your will to an oppressor, and woe be onto those who serve under tyrants.

There was also the fact of her rewards on either mission. One was partly completed whereas the other would fail fully, but Kilo Nine would be listed as her connection.

Ahh decisions.

With her mind made up, she took up the Cruiser intercom and issued the final command with a trembling grip.

"Return Fire!"

Somehow, the fault was not hers, nor her allies, that the U.M. chose to fire upon them anyway. Maybe she could use this as a scapegoat.

Ensure Captain Leanthas gets the encrypted message to get himself, and anyone else he cares about, out of the firefight!

Go with helping the enslaved race, but not before seeing the mission completed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:03:02 pm by Tiruin »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

Head over to medbay, its not like I have enough credits to buy anything anyways

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You got Requisition credits to use empfan

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Order the ship dock at the storage dock and begin unloading the scrap. See if anyone knows or can find out how guarded the targeted shipyard is.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head over to medbay, its not like I have enough credits to buy anything anyways
You got Requisition credits to use empfan

@Emp: Or you could visit a hideously unscrupulous loan shark...just remember to pay back on time. :P

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10