Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War  (Read 26818 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Tell everybody this game died months ago, endure the chorus of boo's
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Action: Tell everybody this game died months ago, endure the chorus of boo's
:3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2012, 04:43:45 pm »

Turn 8.5 - All-Out Skirmish
Long Range Combat
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

With that the battle begins, the enemy carriers turn their attention to your fleet and two launch forth three wings of fighters to take on your forces while one launches a salvo of missiles into the midst of your ships. An explosions racks across your hull as the ACV next to your ship takes a missile to its port side, fires flare up and die out as numerous gaps are torn into the hull of the ship, and as you watch a dozen or more corpses float out into the depths of space.

"Crew of the Mr, Success fire all warheads, ACVs load the last warheads and prepare to fire, Frigate close to engage with the enemy, and fighter wings hold out to face the enemy wings." You say, your nerves calm for the most part, and then watch as the forward three missile tubes open their hatches and the three warheads hurtle towards the enemy fleet. Your missiles fly through the black void like a lone trio of arrows, PD rounds fly all around them as they grow closer to their targets. For a moment it seems as if they would be blown from the void but their evasive thrusters kick in, and you watch as they collide with a similar trio of the frigates bearing down upon you.

You watch as one ship splits in half from the force of the warhead, and its two parts smash into the sides of the already damaged frigates, in giant balls of flame the three frigates splinter to pieces before your eyes and small flames drift from the ship for a sew seconds before winking out of existence. Out of the corner of your eye you watch as another volley of missiles comes streaking from the merchant fleets, the merchant ships themselves turning to flee while the mercs hold off the encroaching U.M. ships.

-----

You flip your radio on and quickly send a message to Captain Leanthas, not long after you get a contact request from him and as you open the feed his booming voice comes through. "I'll be damned if I'm to turn tail and run now, thank you for the warning Aurin, but I shall stand and fight. What kind of man would I be if I did not face treachery with guns of my own? No I shall fight, if this is to be the end so be it, if it is I say goodbye to you here Aurin." You hear him boom out orders to begin charging the U.M. forces as the feed closes.

Slightly frustrated you slam your hand on the arm of your Captain's chair, and yell out a single order, "Return Fire!" Hearing your orders everyone jumps into the action, and the ship begins to move closer to the U.M. frigates heading its way as the sole missile tube opens and fires its contents at one of the carriers, the warhead bathes its surface in fire, and tears a gash down its side as your crew begin to load and prep another warhead.

You turn to look at the other Mercenary ships and see the Truth's Stand's surface covered with the open hatches of missile tubes, as you watch the contents are spewed into the midst of the ships. You watch with a slight horror as the missiles tear five ships to shreds before your eyes, and a salvo from the new arrivals destroys three more. You had seen death before, you had seen battles between ships before, but nothing had prepared you for the horror of a battle where both sides lost hundreds in their attempt to win. Freedom seemed such a fickle thing to the lives lost in payment ...

Spoiler: Long Range Casualties (click to show/hide)

Close Range Combat
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The two sides clash, the rebels and mercs seeing each other as allies as the three ships weave their way into the superiorly  numbered enemy forces. The Mining Frigates' laser burn bright in the black of space and where they go deep ravines are cut into the armor of enemy ships as the two frigates fight ferociously to survive the onslaught of their enemy. As the battle drags on the two frigates find their hull heavily damaged along the prow, and flames burn feverishly along their hull, the arrival of The Dragon Song brings heart to the two ships as its cannons shake the entire ship with their resounding salvo.

Beneath the heavy fire of The Dragon Song's main guns two ships are taken, one to a violent explosion as its reactor overloads taking the whole ship with it to tiny miniscule scrap, and the last is dies as the reactor is crushed by one of the rounds. Its lights flicker out before them yet the battle continues as the turrets, cannons ring out, and the dead float about in the freezing emptiness of space in the continuing chaos.

Spoiler: Close Range Casualties (click to show/hide)

Combat
Spoiler: Combat Logs (click to show/hide)

(( Is happening out of sight, no fluff for this till next turn ))

Spoiler: Aurin Velias (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misericordia Nex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Nrelshy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mr. Success (click to show/hide)

U.M. Forces
Spoiler: Destroyer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Carriers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frigates (click to show/hide)

GM Note:
Well this turn was lonnnnnggg overdue, but here is the second half of turn 8, from now on the game will continue as a weekly update at the least (I'll have a lot less to roll for now that half the U.M. ships are gone :P). I am sorry that it took so long to get this half out, but like I've said before I am not going to let this game die as I love running it  so much. (So Much fun even the tedious rolling is fun :D) Anywho let us get this show back on the road shall we?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2012, 04:52:59 pm »

Sai'oda blinked rapidly at the horrible sight. She was beginning to like this place less and less.

But there was money here. She ordered everything of value loaded up. The sooner they were done the better.

Action: Strip the room of everything and load it up. Don't touch the bones-after we're done, head to the barracks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »

Seeing the onslaught of the event, there was little reason but to warn her allies. She has an inkling suspicion that the U.M. had something up their sleeve.

"Captain Leanthas! Shift formation! Disperse! The Lunar Will has some kind of strange weapon ready. Disperse! Focus fire on the enemy. ACVs, push forward!"

If she would turn traitor, then at least she would see those who did, alive.

Continue with the objective of helping the enslaved race, but ensure that Leanthas and his allies survive.

Return fire.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:47:07 pm by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void a Space Pirate RTD: Miniturn - Dwarmin
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »

Miniturn

Captain Sai'oda Fresa, and Endless Fury (Dwarmin)

Your men quickly gather up the gear and start loading it aboard the Grav Lift, so far everything you've managed to loot from the place has fit on it, which either means you were lucky in finding it or someones already been here and stripped a substantial amount from it. You shake your head at the second idea, and help the crewmen heft one of the drones up onto the lift before you find yourself looking at the monster's corpse out the corner of your eye. You've never heard any bit or rumor about such a beast, nor have you seen anything like it in your years of life.

It was a hulking monstrosity, its head resembled that of a rhino, if a rhino's horn was split in three evenly space across its head, and its teeth the length of dueling swords, and just as sharp if not sharper. Its eyes were pitch black, and had the look of a predator easily adapted to the light, and its body made for the leaping lurches needed for its chase after prey. You doubt it was just the skeletons gathered around it that slew the beast, though oddly enough you notice the thing's body has not decomposed in the slightest while the bodies had no flesh left on them ... curious.

As you leave the room heading for another place where you could find yet more loot, and a less disturbing sight for your men to behold, you head for the hangar bay you had gotten the lift from. You make your way for the elevator meaning to go up to the main barracks and search it for supplies when the worst happens, a sudden tearing sound comes from the wall ahead of you where a young rookie leads the way.

You watch unable to act as a beast of some sort no bigger then a dog tackles the rookie to the ground, the sounds of crunching comes shortly after followed by the arrival of three more of the beasts. They are scaled monsters, their tongues long lapping at the air in front of them trying to sense you do to the lack of eyes. Their claws look sharp as mono-wire blades, and their teeth look just as deadly though they drip a sort of light green fluid as you watch them.

You and the remaining men quickly bring your weapons to bear on the foul things, and your weapons ring out in the poorly lit hangar bay. The things barely have time to react before the wave of fire hits them, your bullet tears the skull off one of them followed by the resounding boom of Breo's gun, its target becoming little more then a black blotch on the floor. The remainder of the fire from the three men who can mange it tears the other to apart quickly, and as the gunfire dies down your radio cuts on,

"Oh god! Captain there are dozens of them, they got Will, and Jed, the squad that went further into the facility is trapped in the main launch bay and there are more of the damned things ... *gunfire* No! No! I don't wanna di...."

With a sound of static the radio dies off, and the crew looks at you, the two rookies with eyes wide with fear, and the veterans with a touch of sadness to their face at the news.

Spoiler: Captain Sai'oda Fresa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Endless Fury (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

(( Wait list please , dam i wish id been here when this game came up. ))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »

((Completely forgot about this. I think I'll drop it after this battle, sorry - I just don't feel like getting back into it again.))

Launch all remaining strike craft and charge towards the objective with any ships not involved in close-combat maneuverings. Fire missiles at appropriate targets.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2012, 06:53:05 pm »

((Completely forgot about this. I think I'll drop it after this battle, sorry - I just don't feel like getting back into it again.))
((Nuuuu! I've personally turned traitor for no reason then! Wait, they don't know it so...

Oh dear.

Sad to see you leave, Nirur.  :-\))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void a Space Pirate RTD: Miniturn - Caellath
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2012, 07:08:50 pm »

Miniturn

Narthendal Alens, and the Tendril of Darkness (Caellath)

One of your crewmen puts on a piece of headgear before beginning to type, and speak into, after a few seconds the talk apparently gets heated and he turns to you red faced as he speaks, "They want to talk to you Captain, putting it on screen now ..." You nod, and the view screen is quickly taken up by an aging mans face, his hair is all over the place, and most of his face is covered by an odd set of goggles augmented with some bits of machinery. As he speaks you swear you notice some singe marks on his eyebrows,

"Why hello, Narthendal is it? Well I'm Adam, I'm the head of the section stationed here, and your request intrigues me somewhat as I think we have a job well fit for you, there will be many rewards of course. Any who there is a moon nearby that has  a facility we believe to be built by the Ancients, there is an intense energy signal coming inside, but from our scans the place also seems to be swarming with life forms of some sort, its as if the entire facility is filled with them."

"Anywho we want you, and your crew to go in, and retrieve whatever this energy source is and bring it to us, everything else in the facility you can take for yourself. We got a deal?"

As the man finishes you see him frittering about quite a bit, he seems nervous about something, but your not sure what.

Spoiler: Narthendal Alens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tendril of Darkness (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:21:36 pm by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

"I'd be happy to accept it, but is there something else that may be of our interest?" the captain asks, noticing the man's behavior.

Press the man into revealing what he knows, accept mission and go for it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:30 pm »

Since this thing is apperently still alive, put me on the waitlist too.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void a Space Pirate RTD: Miniturn - Caellath
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »

Miniturn

Narthendal Alens, and the Tendril of Darkness (Caellath)

The man looks at you as if insulted deeply as he replies,

"I've told you everything we know, and now if you'll excuse me I must be taking my leave since you seem to be taking the job, keep in mind this station won't be able to provide help if something goes wrong so be ready for anything."

With that the feed cuts off and you left to stare out into the space beyond as the ship closes on the station, just a quick refuel then off you go to your mission. Unless there is anything you'd like to do on-board the station you add ..

Spoiler: Narthendal Alens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tendril of Darkness (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »

((How big would my ship be?))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:23:34 am by Tavik Toth »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....