Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void - a Space Pirate RTD: Turn 8.5 - Horrors of War  (Read 26819 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No longer confused, looking for application sheet, I guess.))
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

:) There you go, you also get 500 extra starting credits to use

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Fighter Combat Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship Modifications (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:59:50 pm by adwarf »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didn't switch out my ship's missiles.

Approach the primary target with my fleet. The main ships will continue launching non-interceptor missiles, prioritizing non-carrier combat ships. PD will prioritize enemy missiles, followed by fighters. The mining drone wings will hang behind my fleet and wait until the enemy fighters launch, then go after them. The Interceptors remain docked.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:00:31 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your sheet checks out, working on turn soonish.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I definitely haven't been very active on B12 lately, am I still on the wait list?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep you still have your spot on the waitlist, but Caellath got your spot due to inactivity, sorry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Bump for Piracy, in space?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is still alive! I've just been really busy with school, family matters, and being ill since the last turn so I haven't had time to work on this, but now I do (Told you I wouldn't let this die :P) Anywho this post is to first off say that it is still alive, and that I am now working on the turn and secondly its to state some things that will make the coming turn make some sense.

Large Battles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overwatch

Structural Integrity

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 8 - More Supplies, and A Side of Death Stares

Captain Jack Scott, and the Void's End (empfan)

You go down the right junction heading for the med-bay, the lights above flicker every now and then but remain on the majority of your travel down the hall. Towards the end of the hallway you come out into a small lounge, a few tables and chairs are scattered around with plants and such sitting beside them, off to the left is a set of blast doors dug into the surface of an asteroid that makes up the majority of the wall. As you get close the doors open of their own accord, and inside you find a rather cavernous space, dozens of people rush about seeing to the many patients spread around the room, most seem to have bullet wound though a few you see have large pieces of shrapnel embedded in them. Looking away you see an attendant standing directly beside you, her blonde hair and light blue eyes help improve her mildly attractive looks, but the death glare shes giving you instantly kills any hopes you have of getting near her. Her voice is laced with impatience as she asks you, "Do you have business here, or are you just here to get in the way?"

Spoiler: Captain Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Void's End (click to show/hide)

K'zan, and Star's Glare (Sinpwn)

"Okay then lets dock at that bay, and begin unloading the salvage we have gathered so far. Larks see if you can get me rough estimates on what it'll take to repair the sections of the stations, then contact the Raiders to have them send a small scout force to the shipyard, we need details on the forces in the area and who has control over the area." You say, and as your orders are given the bridge begins to fill with activity as messages are sent, orders given, and preparation for docking is made. After several minutes your ship is docked, and your crew is busy unloading the salvage, several of the things you had asked for is done and some reports have made their way into your hands since you landed. All of them are related to the station so far, except for one report which tells you that the scout fleet will be about an hour before they return, and the unloading of the supplies will take two hours to complete. In the mean time it seems that the Control Center, and Weapons Control Room of the station are still intact, but all docking bays to them are cut-off though its possible for you and some troops to make their way down to inspect the areas. Reports say that their is a high chance of the marauders who had boarded the station may still be alive within, and the two factions have offered their forces that now reside within the station to help you.

Spoiler: Station Status (click to show/hide)

3 Turns Till Scouts Return
5 Turns Till Supplies are Fully Unloaded
Spoiler: K'zan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Star's Glare (click to show/hide)

Captain Sai'oda Fresa, and Endless Fury (Dwarmin)

You order the supplies loaded onto the Grav Lift, and your people set about doing it while you reload your gun, two spent shells and nothing but some destroyed droids to show for. As your men finish up you turn and track your way back to the intersection, and head towards the Propulsion Labs, this hallway is clean and clear of the rusted droids and blood spatter that the other one held so much of. Nearing the end of the hallway you find the doors ripped from their hinges and the inside of the Lab mostly intact, but the thing you focus on is a massive towering monster surrounded by eight skeletons. The thing may be dead, but the hundreds of holes and areas of scorched flesh show that it was a beast of war, the eight skeletons around it hold weapons in their hands and one of the skeletons has theirs crammed down the beast's throat, most likely it was him that killed it. You approach the skeletons and quickly take the guns as they are in working condition and then set about examining the room for more supplies.

Spoiler: Supplies Found (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Sai'oda Fresa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Endless Fury (click to show/hide)

Narthendal Alens, and the Tendril of Darkness (Caellath)

You know lay in your room upon the Tendril of Darkness, the lights are dimmed and your head feels likes its about to split from the pain, maybe drinking all night with your crew wasn't the best idea. In a few minutes you'll have to get up, and go to the bridge or else one of the crew working the bridge will come nagging at you to get up there and find some work, high expectations and what not. Sitting up you walk over to a sink set in the wall and shove your head into the cold water that fills it, pulling it back out a chill goes down your spine as you dry your off and start getting ready. Five minutes later and you find yourself sitting in the Captain's Chair looking out the view screen at a station that grows bigger by the second, your Navigation's Officer speaks up behind you, "Sir, I've got some reports from the station and it turns out their is a few groups on their looking for some help, the three main groups are a mercenary group called The Raven Runners, a merchant group called North Star Trades, and a branch of the R&D department of the U.M. The Artifact Recovery and Research Organization. Do you want us to contact them before we arrive?"

Spoiler: Narthendal Alens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tendril of Darkness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:29:47 am by adwarf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Send the Cartel to secure the Weapon Control Room and the Raiders to secure the Control Center. The Steel Storm Squad will provide assistance to whichever force needs it more. Retreat if more than minimal casualties are expected.

Allow the Steel Storm Soldiers to name themselves.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Shouldn't the missiles be in my "Munitions" section? And my vessel's armor seems to be damaged already due to the Void's End. :P))

Narthendal waved his hand in acknowledgement - he was glad his crew was as liberal as it was efficient - before a smile formed on his face "Sure, conctact them and check their job offers and rewards. Oh, and use the opportunity to question if the Artifact Recovery department has anything to retrieve worth installing onto this ship. I don't want to keep it as a dedicated carrier forever, and they can usually find some of the sweetest equipment of the universe around, even if it means having to risk your life to get it."

He looked around the bridge, examining his crew. Although disciplined and battle-ready, they were fairly carefree in comparison to the opressed crew of some other military-grade ships. He had been very careful in keeping a balance between young and older people and their positions, so as to keep everyone happy and allow the creativity of the youngest and the experience of the oldest to intermingle. It had worked, and the vessel had been functioning without a single glitch. The parties which brought the people of the crew together and made them feel more attached to the companion by their side also worked wonders.

All of those factors, added to the fact their morales were always high due to the honor of having a very young officer hailed as a war hero due to his efforts in every hellhole his father's enemies could throw him in got the captain a great deal of respect and admiration from his subordinates. Of course he balanced those aspects by maintaining strict levels of excellence, but they were always sought voluntarily by the crew with dedication.

He took a sneak peek at a solitary bottle of fine red wine which still had some of the expensive and inebriating liquid but decided against it. He stored his chalice and the bottle away before adjusting his posture inside the coat, finally getting to wear the greatcoat and cap properly. After all of his attire was right where it was supposed to be, he interlocked his fingers in a serious manner while leaning towards the main comms system, still smiling mischievously.
"If they still happen to be hesitant, please allow me to talk to them. I am sure we could try working a good deal out of our cooperation."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

"I was hoping to get some medical supplies, for obvious reasons."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Name: Jack Hansan
Bio: A mysterious man with half a face and littile information known exept from his name, age and that he once was part of the U.M. Navy
Race: Human
Ship Name: Hellfire
Ship Class: 'VIper' Cruiser
Ship Armaments:Shinam Dunarim Hull Plating
6 MkIII Shinra Canon and 3 MKI Lynbar Point Defence Turret
2  Mk.IV Phalanx Laser Battery
5 MkIII Breaker Warhead
2 Mk. I Stingray Fighter

Acceptable?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries