Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25634 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - Oh GOD the MAGMA!!!
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2012, 01:26:24 pm »

move on. but I wanna keep my spot on the players list.  :P

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:39 pm »

Eh, ok then, lets go ahead but can I take the 2nd/3rd year? Also terrifying mountain biome anybody?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:51 pm »

Also terrifying mountain biome anybody?

Hell yeah! do we need a volcano, or are y'all able to make your traps ok with the magma sea?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »

Also terrifying mountain biome anybody?

Hell yeah! do we need a volcano, or are y'all able to make your traps ok with the magma sea?

I ALWAYS go for the steepest mountain I can find to terraform it, also this 3d visualizer, Fortress Overseer is going through a MAJOR overhual, makes everything look twice the epic where terraforming is concerned.  :D
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

I say that a volcano, river or aquifer is preferable, but not necessary. Are you going to go the whole way and make it an evil biome too?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2012, 09:58:41 pm »

I say that a volcano, river or aquifer is preferable, but not necessary. Are you going to go the whole way and make it an evil biome too?
Since we want a certain portion of the ‼fun‼ to come from other players, I think we should be careful that we don't make the embark alone too dangerous. I think it would be nice to have a portion of the map evil so that trapmakers can benefit from it, But completely evil map might make it impossible to keep the dead contained when they aren't being used for traps. They rise from coffins.

I think that if we don't have access to evil, being within range of a tower is a must, though. Release a necromancer into the tombs/goblin corpsepiles much?

However, a full evil map might be interesting.

but not if we are gonna use fortress defense at the same time.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:10 am »

Also since we're playing the new version is it ok if we take out some of the ridiculous new critters? I see no point in having 30 different kinds of parrotmen ::) . Keeping the cool new animals such as giant cobras and sloths but who is honestly gonna miss all the louse-people? :P

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:47 am »

The undead rising in evil areas with no way to stop it is almost annoying. Necro's that you have to hunt down and slay to stop the madness IS fun.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2012, 02:41:36 pm »

I personally like the idea of having a part evil map, mostly because I want to see someone set up a trap which dumps a ton of body parts onto the evil side and lets the fun unfold. I agree about most of the danger coming from the players though. I'd prefer to keep things as vanilla as possible, but I don't really care that much about it. The problem with necromancers is that once you kill them, they're gone and that's the end of it. By the way, in case I haven't said it yet, I'd like a turn once we get the next game set up. I'm less busy now so I shouldn't have so many problems.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2012, 03:25:14 pm »

Hey, wait a second are we taking turns already? I'd love a turn before it gets too fckd up and Ifenos ghost ruin everything again. :P

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Heh, I've got an ingenious trap lined up... might take some serious dwarf power though ^_^
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »

whenever the new game gets running, sign me up for another go!
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

I'd like a turn as well. not too early. like between 3rd-6th

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:31 am »

alrighty then, looks like we're moving on.  but before we do so, could you upload the save again slowpokez?  I wanna sort of wrap this thread up before we move on the new one.  I don't like leaving things incomplete.  Also i'll try to get the next thread up tomorrow or the day after so we can go ahead and vote on where we want to embark.  Unless anyone REALLY wants the 1st turn ill go ahead and kick us off when we actually start.  As for everyone else ill try to honor your turn requests as best i can!  How's that sound to everyone?

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a story/intro to the new thread please post em!  Infact, why don't you all make your own intro and we can vote on which story we like best?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2012, 02:29:23 pm »

Just one request, when you generate the world can you use advanced parameters and turn erosion cycles off so we can embark somewhere steep - I love terraforming  mountains. Also the new version of Fortress Overseer (3d Visualizer) is coming out on Saturday and it looks AWESOME, should make it all the more fun.  :D
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20