Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25613 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - Oh GOD the MAGMA!!!
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

man ive been busy....gonna have to delay making the new thread a bit longer sorry guys...hopefully tomorrow or saturday >.<
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »

No problem Ifeno! Its really no hurry. The debug releases are still coming.

I've been testing around with various terrifying biomes. Some are terrifying, some less so. I've found that half of the time, the biome just spams "It is raining Guinea Pig Man blood." no undead, no nuthin. Not even corpse raising.

Other biomes rain mucus which causes dwarves caught in it to go into spasms of intense pain. Still no dead raising.

Finally, I embarked on the border between two haunted regions, and got some interesting stuff. BUT STILL NO UNDEAD. aside from all the Vile Vapor Husks.

Please note that I've only ever gotta more than one effect when I embarked between two REGIONS, biomes don't make a difference. And I haven't yet found any region with more than one effect (within the timespan of a year).

If we want to have a portion of the map which raises dead, I recomend gening a world with a high count of mini biomes, and a very high count of small evil biomes. Then we can see what forces reside within each of these evil biomes through legends mode. I'll check and see how one might most easily analyze these things.

Once we have a list of biomes which have especially cool/diverse forces (namely ones which raise corpses), we can look around the borders of these biomes for suitably steep sites.

Another possible solution is if we could somehow mod the region code, as to change the effects of a region. I don't know if that's hard-coded or not.

Nity11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »

Is anyone going to use the T-Rex/Gopher in a box, like they could turn a bit of wall into drawbridge, attach it to one of the current dud levers lable it something like "Emergency Rations" or something, and then 4 overseers later

Urist McWrongPlaceWrongTime cancels being alive, interupted by 100 year old hungry T-Rex/Gopher.

PTW

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2012, 06:14:08 pm »

Is anyone going to use the T-Rex/Gopher in a box, like they could turn a bit of wall into drawbridge, attach it to one of the current dud levers lable it something like "Emergency Rations" or something, and then 4 overseers later

Urist McWrongPlaceWrongTime cancels being alive, interupted by 100 year old hungry T-Rex/Gopher.

PTW

Don't you mean Urist McGullible? I mean who seriously pulls a lever that says something like emergency rations when they know traps are around every corner?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:23 pm »

I personally kind of want to wait until the next bugfix release comes out, if only for the reduced lag the clothing fixes should bring. But if it ends up taking too long, or no one else really cares it isn't that big of a deal.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

I personally kind of want to wait until the next bugfix release comes out, if only for the reduced lag the clothing fixes should bring. But if it ends up taking too long, or no one else really cares it isn't that big of a deal.
Agreed 100%

The bugfixes he's written about are awesome.
Might mean we don't need to mod out clothes.
Because clothes are great for next-player-screwing machines. sock-summoned dwarf executions, anyone?

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:29 am »

yea for one dont mind waiting seeing how i haven't had the time to update this thread at all.  In the meanwhile if you guys wanna keep trying to salvage the latest save on this go right ahead.  I highly doubt this fortress has more than 2 years left in it...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:46 am »

I would love a turn please. Sign me up!

Edit: What version is this?

Edit #2: I hadn't read the "PM me instead of posting here." I'm quite new to the forums. How do you PM?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:13:01 am by TheWetSheep »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2012, 04:04:08 pm »

1) click on the name of the person you wish to PM
      you will be redirected to their profile page

2) under the person's avatar there should be a link called "Send PM"
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:17 pm »

I would love a turn please. Sign me up!

Edit: What version is this?

Edit #2: I hadn't read the "PM me instead of posting here." I'm quite new to the forums. How do you PM?

dont worry about it^^ posting on the thread is fine too =)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:53 pm »

Okay, thnx. Edit: Did you sign me up? I didn't see my name on the turns list.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2012, 11:50:05 am »

gah sorry i'm really busy with life these days >.<

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2012, 12:02:56 pm »

Recent news:  Yea ok so...i just saw the save and...that's not salvageable.  Like...what the FUCK did you guys DO?!  Dear god.  I'm laughing so hard in real life right now XD

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:09 pm »

Recent news:  Yea ok so...i just saw the save and...that's not salvageable.  Like...what the FUCK did you guys DO?!  Dear god.  I'm laughing so hard in real life right now XD
It was your fault! (your ghost to be more precise :P)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:56 pm »

It was your fault! (your ghost to be more precise :P)

I love that ghost XD  She was so awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20