Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25630 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - NEEDS OVERSEERS!!!
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:37 pm »

I'd have thought it'd be nice to wait for Ifeno to give an opinion on it, my personal feeling on it is we should wait until some more bug removal has taken place but once it has - definitely!  :D
I guess your right...it's just that all df2010 games has been going down lately, would've been nice to have something interesting running. :P

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »

I personally would like to see this fort played out.  With that in mind im fairly sure 2012 isnt backwards compatible so if you guys upgraded we would almost HAVE to start a new fort.  Anyway, any luck destroying the windmills and what ever the hell is flooding the caverns?  Im not familiar with the features of DF hack, but is there anything that can delete all the liquids or deconstruct things?  When in doubt you could just spawn water to obsidianize the lava and clog it that way...

just some thoughts...

if you want i can take a look at it later today ^^

NOTE:  If the fortress truely is unplayably bad then we might just have to start a new fort either way XD
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »

Seems like if you're getting playable fps, this thing lives on. 15fps is a big jump. I can play at 15fps. not so much at 1. If you got this recovery turn, Tulx, good luck. However, I'd love to see if my fps is improved with the removal of the magma waterfall. Anyone know the secret of your awesome computational power? besides not having an outdated computer?

I think that at the close, whenever it comes, all the people who made traps should explain them, so that we can compile it into one history of failed/successful traps. Especially The cross-shaped magma timer in the volcano. What the hell does that do? only 2 outa 4 chambers are full. and its right next to a room surrounded by magma and filled with pets.

Btw, 60fps?! Nasa wants their computer back.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

I'm kind of confused as to who exactly is playing atm but it seems yall've worked it out between yourselves XD

GL to whoever is taking their turn!!!

Also, i love the idea of making a trap compilation, however it may end up being incomplete seeing how long ago some of the earlier turns where.  Still we can attempt to make one!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »

Yea, a trap comp would be awsome since 90% of the time I didn't know what was killing me xD

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2012, 03:58:08 pm »

Seems like if you're getting playable fps, this thing lives on. 15fps is a big jump. I can play at 15fps. not so much at 1. If you got this recovery turn, Tulx, good luck. However, I'd love to see if my fps is improved with the removal of the magma waterfall. Anyone know the secret of your awesome computational power? besides not having an outdated computer?

I think that at the close, whenever it comes, all the people who made traps should explain them, so that we can compile it into one history of failed/successful traps. Especially The cross-shaped magma timer in the volcano. What the hell does that do? only 2 outa 4 chambers are full. and its right next to a room surrounded by magma and filled with pets.

Btw, 60fps?! Nasa wants their computer back.

At first I opened some old save and then got 60 fps to 75. However when I opened the correct one, lag ensued:

In the current state the save is somewhat runnable for me. FPS graudally decreases to 4 and then the game crashes. If I pause the game before that happens, it goes back to 100 and it starts all over, but I guess eventually stuff gets done. It is unplayable. It also crashes when fps is 50 so pausing and unpausing wont work.

I guess it might be possible to somehow slog through by saving very frequently in order to disable the lag machine, but truthfully, I wouldn't know how to do it :D. I'm new to DF so figuring out how, would be quite an exercise for me.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »

If you accually manage to save this I'll be seriously impressed :P

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2012, 06:18:23 pm »

alright im downloading the save to see just how big of a shit fest this is.  Ill let ya know if i get anything worked out.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »

I destroyed the whole pumpstack with a cavein and it still crashes at the same time as if you do nothing.
It crashes really fast (~20 seconds) at 100 FPS too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I looks like the save might be corrupted, try reziping and reuploading it and see if that helps.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - Oh GOD the MAGMA!!!
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2012, 02:53:50 am »

I really hope we can get this running. How stupid would it be if, in a succession game where the stated goal was to try to screw the next player over, the fort eventually died to fps death of all things?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:05 am »

I've heard of a crash bug related to fire.  Try turning temp off, wait for the fire to extinguish/for the crash point to pass, then turn temp back on.  May not work.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:50 am »

I've heard of a crash bug related to fire.  Try turning temp off, wait for the fire to extinguish/for the crash point to pass, then turn temp back on.  May not work.

I was thinking about the same bug, after one of my own forts crashed when I poured magma over elven merchants and lots of stuff got destroyed.

Anyway, I've been tinkering with the save (from page 12). The game seems to crash after the day passes to 20th Moonstone. Using DFHack I removed all liquids all the way down to the bottom of the magma pump stack, and cleared the flooded caverns too. I then flooded the burning areas with water. This caused insane lag, but when it finally got through it, the fort ran for almost a month before crashing again around 10th Opal. Saw one of the traps triggering too :D

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:09 am »

I love the new title :P

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:37 am »

Alrighty guys so what's the consensus here?  What do we do about this fps/crashing issue?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:45 pm »

Alrighty guys so what's the consensus here?  What do we do about this fps/crashing issue?
Sadly, I don't think we'll be able to save it :(
Me and Cm are ready to move on :P So if noone has a different opinion I think that it is the way we'll have to go. Also it might be a good thing since if we move up a version we'll attract alot new players :D.
Ifeno, you wanna put up a new thread where we can vote on what we want on a new embark? or should we make a separate project while the rest wait for bugfixes?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20