Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16763 times)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 9: Precious Prizes]
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:44 am »

In that case, I propose an alliance with you, Tiruin, let the politics begin!

Anyway:
Create a sphere of water with constantly changing currents, about 10 miles in diameter, held in by a barrier that blocks everything but light, gravity, and godly influence.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:25 am »

We...don't know the existence of each other, right?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:36 am »

I'm pretty sure deities are powerful enough to see another huge source of power. But not yet, because I haven't arrived.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »

Yeah, deities know of each other. The universe isn't that big, and you can see each other roaming around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »

Turn 10: Countdown!

Have the minions construct a town for themselves in the flat region around the crag.
[1+1] Your minions scurry down to the flat regions, but can't really figure out what a "town" is beyond crevices they live and worship in.

Initiate procedure random terrain generation on the surface of the disk.
[5+2] Hoo boy, that's... that's some interesting terrain. Like, liquid, dry, room-temperature dirt lakes, mile-high needles floating in a void of nothing else, and freezing snowbanks that melt everything around them.

Defense: Start warding my maelstrom from other powers.
[5] You successfully shield your region from the efforts of others. They will find it more difficult to do anything there.

Mobkogoth, seeing no ideal opportunities to further His own ends at little risk to Himself, shall simply sit, watching all.
Perhaps he'll plant some strange, disturbing dreams of monocle-wearing fluorescent sheep into the minds of the few mortal creatures created so far, but that's it. That's just for a bit of a chuckle.
[2+1] You plant the disturbing dreams in their mind, but they're not all that concerning, for a variety of reasons.

((Normally I'd let you just skip a turn for now, but with The Objective coming this turn I didn't think that'd be fair.))

Create automated factories within the sphere that processes the mined admantium into humanoid-shaped figures.
[3+1] Your factories are very slow, so as to keep pace with your miners, but they do their jobs.

Create a sphere of water with constantly changing currents, about 10 miles in diameter, held in by a barrier that blocks everything but light, gravity, and godly influence.
[3+1] You successfully create your sphere of spinning water. You cannot create the barrier at the same time, but it's currently in no danger of spinning apart.

EVERYONE
You sense a disturbance in the universe. Gradually you come to the realization that the disturbance is divine- it's a result of you and your fellows altering it.

What's more, it occurs to you that this "disturbance" is nothing more than the universe shifting under the weight of actual being. More interestingly, you can tell it will continue to do so until someone manages to shift it in their favor... at which point they'd be able to manipulate it to their will. It's like a plate balancing on a point- whoever can exert the most pressure can determine which direction it falls in.

In short, whoever has the most influence will trigger a universe-shaking event to their own whims. Best make sure it's you!

In this case, "influence" means possession or creation of the single greatest... thing in the universe. This Thing can be anything.

On resolution of Turn 20, whoever has the most impressive thing- be that a terrain feature, structure, people, artifact, event, or anything else- will receive a mega-Act. This Act of Acts may generate massive effects, but must be rolled for like all actions.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 10: Countdown!]
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »

EEEEnteresting.

Create a Grand Throne at the center of the temple, from which I am better able to command my minions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »

Tyr was content.

It's creation was ready to accept life, and his wards seemed able to support the cloud.

But...it felt alone, something was missing.

The spark...of life.

Shape part of my Cloud (preferring the core) into a habitable area.

{i.e. give qualities that can accept life, maybe out of the same characteristics as my Cloud?}
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:13:06 pm by Tiruin »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

Cast down a bolt of energy to a pool of primordial soup. Bring forth life!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2012, 09:34:26 pm »

Give the newly crafted figures life. They shall awaken and know who gave them their gift. They will also believe that the universe belongs to the.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:03:46 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:45 pm »

Hrmm... Well. I am the only god with no true abilities to create, only to influence what's already there... I shall have to ponder this. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2012, 10:58:45 pm »

I think you could still create- just without a bonus.  Alternately, you could steal off someone's follower and make that follower your great creation.

You could also try to alter yourself to be the greatest creation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

Well, the stealing someone's follower is kindof what I'd planned from the start. :P I have a few other ideas, too, though... But that'd certainly be helpful in whatever else I might do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2012, 03:28:35 am »

Create the barrier, but with a small area that will, while being waterproof, will allow creatures in and out.

Also Yoink, I could create followers for you . . . . at a price.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:32:17 am by Superior_Tomato »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2012, 04:17:36 am »

Turn 11: Life and Commands

Create a Grand Throne at the center of the temple, from which I am better able to command my minions.
[6+1] You create the Throne of Command, a horrifying artifact which allows whoever sits upon it to force their will utterly upon others. It completely shatters the will of those it is used against, reducing them to shambling zombies who must be told to eat and sleep.

Shape part of my Cloud (preferring the core) into a habitable area.
[2] You mold the inner area to be a bit more stable, but it's not really any better at supporting life.

Cast down a bolt of energy to a pool of primordial soup. Bring forth life!
[5+2] You successfully bring forth life. Which is to say, [4] various portions of dirt and stone begin moving and thrashing around, often still attached to whatever nearby regions aren't now alive.

Well, if there was anything that could make this landscape even more bizarre, it was definitely for random parts of it to be moving.

Give the newly crafted figures life. They shall awaken and know who gave them their gift. They will also believe that the universe belongs to the.
[6+1] You animate them into a hivemind with one consciousness but many bodies. It is very aware that the universe belongs to it. In fact, it's going to start taking actions pretty soon.

Create the barrier, but with a small area that will, while being waterproof, will allow creatures in and out.
[2] You create a thin, mostly useless membrane over the water.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

For a moment there, I'd forgotten this RTD updates any time it wants. :3

Though, we didn't have everyone only because Yoink isn't sure what to do anyway, but still.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 11: Life and Commands]
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2012, 04:41:13 am »

Give the factories another production order: spaceships.

Does that count as an act?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14