Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837863 times)

hikkiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5355 on: June 27, 2012, 06:43:14 am »

it looks like you can fit only 15 units of drink into barrel... plump helmet stored in stacks of 5 so 5*5=25 units of drink.
solution: change the ration to 1-3

ps. pots can fit more drinks =(
is it possible to unstack items?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:06:17 am by hikkiko »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: June 27, 2012, 07:17:00 am »

@meph: I can not find the runerobes you mentioned. How can i make them?
They're made at the forge by your armoursmith.
That is where i looked first. Still can't find it. Checked everywhere. Also, they are not in the manager's work order menu.
That is odd, I am playing 3.11 and made some last night. Is there a chance they are either not in your graphics pack (I'm using Phoebus I think) or they are a civ specific item? I know you sometimes don't get high boots or certain cloth clothing items because of that.

I am using phoebus pack, in a new MWDF 1.9.3 generated world. It is not there. Could be something with the civilization. I remember seeing them in MWDF 1.9.2, though. I will check again and maybe open a ticket.

I had a question, I've been mining away, found a damp patch and thought it was safe so redesignated it for mining. I now have water gushing out of where the gold ore was. I do remember seeing about Tears of Armok but I didn't get a message saying I'd hit one and there's not a Tears of Armok floor left behind (I think it's meant to be a gem?). I have aquifers turned off and I wasn't digging up or down, just mining horizontally. I was digging near some collapsed brick veins if that matters. Any idea what's happened? It's not a major problem as the water is staying around 2-3 deep so I think I can wall it off somehow before my magma forges get flooded. I have been meaning to install some more waterfalls after my last fortress fell to FB dust rotting my military.
Maybe just an underground sea? Tears of armok are like aquifers: They flood everything - the water would not stay at a deep of 2 or 3. I am currently using one to power my pump stack.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:50:05 am by mglarev »

Cthulhu Inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: June 27, 2012, 09:34:14 am »

I want to further mod this thing to change some stuff...like say, making my dwarves magma-proof, or making them melt in normal weather :P

Right now, I'm using roughly the same thing as for dragons:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
[SPEC_HEAT:30000]
Need to make sure blood and pus aren't solid at regular temperatures.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]

But where do I put it?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:42 am »

@meph: I can not find the runerobes you mentioned. How can i make them?
They're made at the forge by your armoursmith.

That is where i looked first. Still can't find it. Checked everywhere. Also, they are not in the manager's work order menu.

I'm having the same experience.  This is the only reference to them I can find in the raws:
       [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED] <= runic robe

Would anyone like to interpret?

Rawb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: June 27, 2012, 09:42:05 am »

pulleys, how to use them?

Searched the manual, and the wiki...

Trap workshop, they are required to create dart throwers, along with one mechanism.

On top of this, What are dart throwers for? Just a possible weapon for the weapon trap? If so, how do they compare to other weapons?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: June 27, 2012, 10:25:55 am »

hehehe, was just about to go report a couple things in the bug tracker but it looks like mglarev beat me to the punch on both the creeper's and the masterwork settings .exe typo.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: June 27, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

I'm having the same experience.  This is the only reference to them I can find in the raws:
       [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED] <= runic robe

You are looking in the entity file. That is where the token that allows you to make the runic robe is placed. To find the actual runic robe armor you need to look in the "item_amor_masterwork.txt" file.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: June 27, 2012, 11:45:30 am »

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD] <= runic robe

You are looking in the entity file. That is where the token that allows you to make the runic robe is placed. To find the actual runic robe armor you need to look in the "item_amor_masterwork.txt" file.

But what we're concerned with is the ability to make the runic robe - do we need to change this so it can be made?

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56:04 pm »

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD] <= runic robe

But what we're concerned with is the ability to make the runic robe - do we need to change this so it can be made?

Something happened to me that I think may shed some light on the confusion here:

In my first fortress (masterwork 1.9.3, current version) I was able to make rune robes just fine. That fortress eventually got wiped out by a tantrum spiral after a lava caravan melted half of my dwarves. I started a second fortress with nothing changed in the raws between the two (new world generated), and the runic robes are mysteriously missing from the armorer.

Same raws: robes present in one world, missing in another... very very mysterious.

What exactly is the difference between
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD]
and
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED]
in the entity file? Is the default of COMMON making it possible to not have the ability to make something while FORCED guarantees it?

Just grasping at straws, but I couldnt help but notice that the robes were the only item without the FORCED token.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:58:13 pm by richieelias »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5364 on: June 27, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

Vanilla issue, COMMON gives it a good chance of teh entity using it, FORCED is a very good chance, UNCOMMON is a chance and RARE is very low chance

SO even with FORCED some items can be left out.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: June 27, 2012, 02:05:56 pm »

Vanilla issue, COMMON gives it a good chance of teh entity using it, FORCED is a very good chance, UNCOMMON is a chance and RARE is very low chance

That sheds some light on the issue. Why don't I see - lets say - breastplates missing sometimes?

Also, a question:

In creature_warbeast_masterwork.txt i found:
[CHILD:1]
in the Dragon tags. Does that mean i can breed dragons?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5366 on: June 27, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »

That sheds some light on the issue. Why don't I see - lets say - breastplates missing sometimes?

Also, a question:

it is random on what it leaves out, I had a world were Mail Shirts were left out, but mainly High Boots or Shields are left out most of the time.

And yes if the entire dragon or all castes have a [CHILD:xxx] tag then they can breed if they have the respective MALE and FEMALE castes aswell

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: June 27, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »

I've had them lay an egg but I only noticed once it had been taken to my food stockpile ><

MrFluffums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:42 pm »

I can't seem to even download the file.  The entire file will download, then tell me that it can't be saved because the source file can't be read.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: June 27, 2012, 02:44:40 pm »

I've had embarks where I seem to get messages from the caverns when I haven't even explored them yet, like "A baby frog has grown up to be an adult frog!"  Also, related, when equipping my militia, I have designations to weapons/armor that creatures in the caverns are most likely using.

(Just made a new embark, I'm getting rusty tridents and scimitars in my military equip screen even though I have none)
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 749