Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837795 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5370 on: June 27, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »

I can't seem to even download the file.  The entire file will download, then tell me that it can't be saved because the source file can't be read.
I just use the DFFD, like most other modders. It should run fine, just try to download again a bit later.

(Just made a new embark, I'm getting rusty tridents and scimitars in my military equip screen even though I have none)
Sure, why not ? You can tell them to equip anything that exists in theory. Otherwise you couldnt kill the cavern races, take their weapons and use them yourself.

Does that mean i can breed dragons?
Dragons should breed. :)

What exactly is the difference between
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD]
and
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED]
in the entity file?
Forced means that they always have it. At least in theory, I didnt know that it can still happen that a race is missing the items, when it is forced. Usually used for invaders, so that they bring full armor.

A drake usually is a male duck, and I think the DF wiki refers you to duck if you search for 'drake'.
But if the Masterwork Drake yields scales, it's either the drake from D&D, or a badass duck.
Drake = Flightless little cousin of the dragon, D&D Drake. I think I even renamed the male duck, so that there is no mixup.

Pulleys...
Just a little item needed for Trapupdates in the Engineers Workshop. Used for nothing else.

All in all the new version looks good, yes ? These are just questions, no new bugreports... so yeah, Mission accomplished, at least for now ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:10 pm »

I just had a whole lot of dwarfs run over weapon traps, and to my surprise, they triggered them and half of them died. Is this normal? Last time I played (a few versions ago) weapon traps didn't trigger on your own dwarves.

I have a suspicion it might have had something to do with the web turrets placed nearby, maybe they got caught in webs and that made them vulnerable to the traps? Could that be it? Or are weapon traps potentially dangerous to dwarves in this version or in masterwork?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5372 on: June 27, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »

Webbed traps also react on your dwarves, same as unconscious dwarves on your traps. This is a vanilla feature, not mine.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 27, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »

Vanilla issue, COMMON gives it a good chance of teh entity using it, FORCED is a very good chance, UNCOMMON is a chance and RARE is very low chance

SO even with FORCED some items can be left out.
When does this happen? I mean, if I'm playing and an item is missing, do I have to make a new fort for a chance to see it, or do I need a whole new world gen?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: June 27, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »

Vanilla issue, COMMON gives it a good chance of teh entity using it, FORCED is a very good chance, UNCOMMON is a chance and RARE is very low chance

SO even with FORCED some items can be left out.
When does this happen? I mean, if I'm playing and an item is missing, do I have to make a new fort for a chance to see it, or do I need a whole new world gen?

New fort with a different dwarf entity. If there isn't a different dwarf entity, then you need a new worldgen.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: June 27, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

pulleys, how to use them?

Searched the manual, and the wiki...

Trap workshop, they are required to create dart throwers, along with one mechanism.

On top of this, What are dart throwers for? Just a possible weapon for the weapon trap? If so, how do they compare to other weapons?

Dart throwers are ranged weapons that can be placed in weapon traps and use darts made from wood(or stone, I forget). You can also make bolts with poison tips but I'm not sure what the advantage is. Interestingly, they are available for equipping in the military screen as weapons. I have not tried this though, so I don't know how well this would work.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:05 pm »

So I start a fort with this mod for the first time.

It is now summer and something odd happens.  We have a combat report, from across the major river, of a Gnoll, behing hit in the chest, by a frozen beer, that was spinning.  What just happened here?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 27, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »

The spinning message is used when a dwarfs throws something at an enemy. I guess he threw a beer at the attacking gnoll.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 27, 2012, 08:27:46 pm »

So I start a fort with this mod for the first time.

It is now summer and something odd happens.  We have a combat report, from across the major river, of a Gnoll, behing hit in the chest, by a frozen beer, that was spinning.  What just happened here?
the gnoll was attackd by a beer man or a Conjuror

Noozeelander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 27, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »

Do golems ever die? I've got an Iron Speargolem who's just a mass of red wounds and dents, with no oil left in him, who's been getting hammered by four troglodytes (including one hammer lord) for about the last month. He's still fighting, and the troglodytes are actually getting over-exerted from hitting him too much..

EDIT: Never mind, he finally dropped after about fifty pages of combat
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:45:31 pm by Noozeelander »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: June 27, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »

Do golems ever die? I've got an Iron Speargolem who's just a mass of red wounds and dents, with no oil left in him, who's been getting hammered by four troglodytes (including one hammer lord) for about the last month. He's still fighting, and the troglodytes are actually getting over-exerted from hitting him too much..
Anything that can't bleed to death and has a hard head will frustrate the hell out of any enemy without serious weaponry. Cut em in half or destroy their heads.

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: June 27, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »

Has anyone found a way to stop caravans from bringing magma?  I can't seem to play past the first Dwarf caravan without turning the surface into a charred mess.

I did try some of the things mentioned a few pages of posts back, but it had no effect.

I even disabled everything to make things as vanilla as possible, and I still ended up with magma in the caravan.

Whenever a dwarf caravan comes to town, I make it rain using DFhack, you know, as a preemptive measure. Usually stops the fire and saves the caravan before they burn themselves.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »

The spinning message is used when a dwarfs throws something at an enemy. I guess he threw a beer at the attacking gnoll.

The thing is...
My Dwarves have no beer.
The beer was frozen mid summer when nothing else is frozen.  Beer can freeze at all?
This was 100-150 tiles away from any of my dwarves, there is no bridge, noone is on that side of the river.
No thrower was indicated.

There is a cave over there, is this some sort of mysterious beer hurling foe?

I will admit it was funny as hell but I seriously want to know who's hucking beers at Gnolls.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: June 27, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

Why, exactly, do we even have bags of magma?  I just traded one to a elven caravan, but nothing happened.  So no advantage that I can see to them.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5384 on: June 27, 2012, 11:59:06 pm »

Magma is the default name for any liquid that uses the stone template. Somehow,  somewhere, dont ask me why or how, there is a stone that is liquid, and it shouldnt be. I cant narrow it down, because it has no custom name and reverts back to the default one, "Magma". And thats all it is. The dwarven civ has a reaction that produces some stone-liquid, and naturally (stupid as they are) they do want to trade it.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 749