Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837747 times)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5385 on: June 28, 2012, 01:22:41 am »

The spinning message is used when a dwarfs throws something at an enemy. I guess he threw a beer at the attacking gnoll.

The thing is...
My Dwarves have no beer.
The beer was frozen mid summer when nothing else is frozen.  Beer can freeze at all?
This was 100-150 tiles away from any of my dwarves, there is no bridge, noone is on that side of the river.
No thrower was indicated.

There is a cave over there, is this some sort of mysterious beer hurling foe?

I will admit it was funny as hell but I seriously want to know who's hucking beers at Gnolls.

Beerman throws frozen beer. Slime man throws frozen slime, and so on.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 28, 2012, 01:59:16 am »

The spinning message is used when a dwarfs throws something at an enemy. I guess he threw a beer at the attacking gnoll.

The thing is...
My Dwarves have no beer.
The beer was frozen mid summer when nothing else is frozen.  Beer can freeze at all?
This was 100-150 tiles away from any of my dwarves, there is no bridge, noone is on that side of the river.
No thrower was indicated.

There is a cave over there, is this some sort of mysterious beer hurling foe?

I will admit it was funny as hell but I seriously want to know who's hucking beers at Gnolls.
I said a page or two ago but I did have a weregecko (Fear the night!)that was throwing frozen cheese, rock nut oil and milk at my dwarves. You should have got a message if one appeared at your fort though, any chance one lives in the cave? That might mean it wouldn't be announced as it was always there. I've never embarked on a cave so no idea.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 28, 2012, 02:03:34 am »

im really thinking of downloading this mod, on a scale of 1-10 how good is it and could someone just give a little description of whats its like ? please and thank you.

This is the Masterwork Mod for Dwarf Fortress, All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it Menaces with Spikes of Raws. it is Studded with Adamantine, on the item is an Image are several players weeping from the sheer beauty of the world around them in iridium, it is Adorned with Hanging Rings of Elf Bone. on the item is an Image of a Wagon on fire in magma- this Relates to a bug where merchants bring combustable materials and magma in bags to your fortress in autumn of the year 101, On the item is an intricately designed statue of a golem and a groundhog. the golem is running from the groundhog like a sissy.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:37 am »

Drake = Flightless little cousin of the dragon, D&D Drake. I think I even renamed the male duck, so that there is no mixup.

I used to think they looked something like this:

But my next fort will be using these:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:46:28 am by vomov »

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 28, 2012, 06:03:34 am »

"Several moders have created total conversions for Dwarf Fortress. Many of these include more races, new constructions, new metals, items, and even tech trees. Four of the more popular and complete total conversions include Corrosion, Genesis, Legends of Forlorn Realms, and Masterwork."
Taken from "Getting Started with Dwarf Fortress" Peter Tyson's book. Glad my favorite mod is mentioned.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 28, 2012, 08:01:44 am »

I just found that PET_HEALING stone doesn't have MAT_FIXED_TEMP:9001 or something like that. Is it intended? It might not work in very cold conditions. Also their boilong temperature is 10 times lwoer than melting. It is ok from thermodynamics point of view - but is it ok from DF's?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 28, 2012, 08:21:30 am »

Not sure if this the right place to ask but... i was trying to finally understand body and bodyparts structure of DF creatures and usage. I was doing this on amsterwork raws (as always). I see a lot of SHELL in the BODY tags of creatures but no RCP_SHELL. Yet you have this one in the body_masterwork. It is just really interesting - why? There should be some reason for it. (Maybe i am asking really obvious question but i am really only starting to dig into creatures). Also feathers template has SHELL tag in it.... O_O It is something new to know about feathers hehehe.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »

What use is the imperial guard skill for humans?
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 28, 2012, 12:30:13 pm »

What use is the imperial guard skill for humans?
Wrestling.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5394 on: June 28, 2012, 01:45:44 pm »

"Several moders have created total conversions for Dwarf Fortress. Many of these include more races, new constructions, new metals, items, and even tech trees. Four of the more popular and complete total conversions include Corrosion, Genesis, Legends of Forlorn Realms, and Masterwork."
Taken from "Getting Started with Dwarf Fortress" Peter Tyson's book. Glad my favorite mod is mentioned.
I believe the last 3 would count as Major Mods would they not? Since they seem pretty Dwarf Fortressy to me, While Corrosion is playing in a post-apoc world with horride mutants.

Maybe this Peter Tyson needs to add "Four of the most Popular and complete major mods and total conversions include:"

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 28, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »

So I just started using DFhack to screw around with weapons last night.
Is there a way to add runes to weapons that way?
Like say I just change a copper zweihander, and converted it to a masterwork iridium zweihander. Is there a command to make it a runic iridium zweihander?

ulrikk

• Bay Watcher
  • Rock salt mechanism?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 28, 2012, 03:22:06 pm »

Hi.  :)   I'm a new guy on this forum, but have been playing for a while. I hope you can help me with a question about this mod.

I try to build a Golem Forge and acquired a Golem Heart from the drow. But whenever I try to build the forge I get a error message: "Need Golem Heart". What in the holy name of Armok am I doing wrong?

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 28, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »

I believe the last 3 would count as Major Mods would they not? Since they seem pretty Dwarf Fortressy to me, While Corrosion is playing in a post-apoc world with horride mutants.

Maybe this Peter Tyson needs to add "Four of the most Popular and complete major mods and total conversions include:"
I'll paste the full text. Just in case. Can see no much difference though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm intrested if anyone had successful silkworm silk farm. Mine is just not working. I built closed room with hives, put there 5 worms - got no result. Tried the same thing on the surface - got no result.
Anyway, reader, If you did it, consider giving a hint ;D. Detailed hint.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:50:54 pm by Asva »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:56 pm »

Hi.  :)   I'm a new guy on this forum, but have been playing for a while. I hope you can help me with a question about this mod.

I try to build a Golem Forge and acquired a Golem Heart from the drow. But whenever I try to build the forge I get a error message: "Need Golem Heart". What in the holy name of Armok am I doing wrong?
I seem to be having the same problem, I bought one last year and it couldn't be found. I've just bought six more from the new Drow caravan and I still get the same message. They aren't in a bin yet, aren't tasked to be picked up and I've just made one burrow that covers the entire map so it shouldn't be a burrow message.

Had a question about the animated armours in the cavern. I killed one (and quite impressed by the attacks passing through it in the combat log!) then was able to butcher it leaving animated armour helm, plate boot, spikegreaves etc in my butcher workshop. It's not being moved to any stockpiles so is it meant to be able to be used as armour? I can't see it as an option when I try and equip my dwarves with a specific boot for example, the Animated Armour Plate Boot isn't there.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: June 28, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

Might be bugged.
Instead, smelt a bunch of bars until you get at least 1 iridium wafer, save it.
Make some totems, dig to the magma, and set up a magma altar of Armok. You can offer an iridium wafer for a Golem Heart, and those have always worked for me.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 749