Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836214 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, so batch workshop has a higher priority all of a sudden ;) Please note that custom gloves have no left/right and wont work properly, so they cant be added.

Soldier Set: Helm, Breastplate, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask.
Archer Set: Helm, Mailshirt, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask, Quiver.
Clothing Set: Cap, Shirt, Pants, Shoes.
Medical Kit: 1 Crutch, 2 Splints, 2 Thread, 2 Cloth, 2 Soap.
Bed Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 1 Cabinet, 1 Chest.
Fancy Living Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 2 Cabinets, 2 Chests, 1 Armorstand, 1 Weaponrack.
Storage Set: 3 Bins, 3 Barrels, 3 Bags.

Anything else ? A simple batch option for producing several of the same item, like: 10 tables ? I dont know yet if I should add this to the fitting workshops (would make balancing harder) or make a dedicated "batch workshop"

@stool: Thanks for the "minor typo" catch. This solves the mystery of a report I got with dwarves having goblin nobles... :) Guess no one notcied since no one turns goblins off ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - 1.7 for 34.07 New: Fear the Night &Dwarf Choco
« Reply #3181 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:22 am »

Golden age happens when civilizations rule the world, not megabeasts. So, it just means that all the automatons and frogmen have.expanded to the point where civilization covers the earth.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So does this mod have a prebuilt adventure reaction on learning how to read?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile

For that summary, the layout is great, but I suggest you italicize the bold text in the sections. It was a little hard to pick them out with the large bold text that's often right above it, and- I assumed you're highlighting that text as the main idea of every section- it's kinda against the idea of it for them to be hard to see. :P Anyways, italicizing and bolding the text will make it easier, or maybe just italicizing. Either way would work, I think.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meap,

I remember seeing other people talking about dwarf not wearing leather padded legging or greaves in version 1.5 period, and I experienced the same thing also.

It took me awhile to notice this problem, because my fort did not produce enough metal and I had to rely on melting all the loot I gathered after sieges. Recently however, my supposed to be well-armed boys were still mostly injured on their legs after a major minotaur siege. As I looked into the problem, I found none of them wearing greaves, even though I managed to made enough for each one of em.

So, I looked into the squad equip menu, on View/Customize, and yes, they wore both leggings and greaves. Then, I looked into Pri/Assignment part, and yes again they were wearing both as well. But when I looked into real inventory, I can only find leather padded leggings.

Thus, I tried to do it in the micromanage hard way, which was to put the armor on one after another. First I tried put legging first and greaves after. They refused to wear greaves. Then I tried putting greaves before legging. They just removed the greaves and put the leggings on instead. However, in the meantime, no problems with padded hood, shirt, and mittens coexisting with metal helm, breastplate, and gauntlets. So after trying for some hours, I could not but abandon my nicely made leggings in the stockpile.

Another thing I noticed was that the timberyard seemed to be always in *CLT* status, because my dwarfs were lazy about hauling finished-wood out of it. Specifically speaking, smooth wood logs, ironbarks logs, and fungi logs seemed to stay in the yard forever even when I have a fully empty stockpile nearby. Funny thing is they did haul scrap wood logs to dedicated stockpile, and rough wood of any kind also went to any empty ones as they normally do.

I just broke into the 2nd cavern (cause there were too many sieges and skirmish above ground and 1st cavern to deal with.), and am trying to play with crystal wood at the moment. WIll broke in to 3rd cavern soon, and I will see what netherwood will do.

btw, I am still running 1.6. Just notice you turned 1.7.

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so batch workshop has a higher priority all of a sudden ;) Please note that custom gloves have no left/right and wont work properly, so they cant be added.

Fancy Living Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 2 Cabinets, 2 Chests, 1 Armorstand, 1 Weaponrack.

Anything else ? A simple batch option for producing several of the same item, like: 10 tables ? I dont know yet if I should add this to the fitting workshops (would make balancing harder) or make a dedicated "batch workshop"

@stool: Thanks for the "minor typo" catch. This solves the mystery of a report I got with dwarves having goblin nobles... :) Guess no one notcied since no one turns goblins off ^^
Personally, I think I would only use the Soldier, Archer, and Clothing sets.

Thanks for the update. You call that small?

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@shin majin and Meph: I did observe many poison injecting events in my fort so far (purple colored in combat log). Those damn serpeant man/woman were the cause!! They even manage to kill one of my elite spear dwarf with one bite. After that, I seldom sent my melee dwarfs squad to engage them in close combat.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: April 03, 2012, 11:30:22 am »

Everybody, give Meph your socks! He is the master of raws! All hail!
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MasterofYoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose that first I should say that this mod looks like fun (of both sorts) and a pretty impressive achievement.
So I've downloaded this and have my first world generating at the moment - and I noticed that at least one mouse command has been changed. In vanilla my mouse wheel changes the zoom level (makes screen and icons bigger/smaller, if unclear), but in this mod it looks like it changes z-level. A pretty good idea, but how do I change the zoom now? My screen's default tiles are about half the size of my mouse cursor - my eyes are good, but I suspect that it will get old pretty fast.
Also, DFHack loads when I start, is there a way to disable that? I don't see it listed in the Utilities tab.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks for the feedback, especially the padded leggings and the not-stockpiled wood. These I did not adress in 1.7

@masterofYoda: Did you enable Mouse Fortress ? I cant tell you what the zoom is for you right now, but just check the keybindings in the options (ingame) just like any other game. DFhack starts automatically since it uses dlls instead of exes since... 3 months (?) to avoid false virus alerts. This is normal and not done by the mod. I did a vote on this a while back and the majority wanted dfhack on by default.

I will now plan my route for central america, and tomorrow morning I leave, so any feedback, bugreports and question should be done today. If you want a fast answer ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate making things except beds, bins, and barrels out of wood. It's a waste of my resources (since I rarely allow my dwarves outside my fort due to Outdoor Fun Stuff), so I'm assuming the bedroom set requires just one wood for the bed and three stone for the rest, or will you have a wood/rock/mixed option like the vanilla Craftsdwarf Workshop?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: April 03, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

You can make rock pots out of rock, with masterwok you cn make bins out of blocks, and also make beds out of blocks and cloth.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I think I would make it require 1 log for the bed, rest by stones.

Btw, I totally forgot to mention one little feature I liked a lot. Dwarf Chocolate has Scarecrows, but only as a spell from the wizards, not as a creature you can really meet. I added Scarecrows as pets, they cost 8 points at embark and cant move or fight, BUT they scare away wildlife. Like those swarms of thieving/drinking/eating animals that bumrush you. Just put up some scarecrows in the countryside around the areas you want pest-free. :) Of course invaders will smash them up, but they can also detect ambushes :)

Oh, and just because I can (since the new version does some changes and has all building guides now):

MasterworkDF WIKI (Wip) - Help today

PS: If you want to help to spread the word, paste this into your signature:
Code: [Select]
[center][url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.0]☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.7 - Over 100 settings to choose from.[/url][hr]
[b][url=http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com]MasterworkDF WIKI (Wip) - Help today[/url][/b][/center]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:17:11 pm by Meph »

adrianavaga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7 NEW: More Sprites and Balancing
« Reply #3193 on: April 03, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »

Wood cutters don't cut wood.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7 NEW: More Sprites and Balancing
« Reply #3194 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:36 pm »

i embarked on a mirthful (i think) lake+something i think shrub land or fw swamp
it's raining/snowing and occasionally boiling cloud of... gold dust on the lake

can i collect/melt the gold dust?

i'm on the garden of gaia map with most settings on ~wanted an ocean but there's only one and it's evil :(

~my woodcutter is cutting wood most promptly with a rough training axe, the plants for wood must be processed and there are plants that look like trees on the surface

edit: found the interaction in dwarf chocolate, still wondering if its harvestable gold and the boiling stuff is valley herb
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:12:15 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 749