Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836122 times)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3165 on: April 02, 2012, 11:18:08 pm »

Double post, but hey.

Quote of the day, by Today:
The hauling changes have begun. This afternoon there were dwarves running around with bins, bags and barrels, vacuuming up items. Seeing a single dwarf clean up a seed-ridden dining room as a single job is a beautiful thing.

This will mean that wheelbarrows, loading and unloading stations will bite the dust with 34.08.

Actually wouldn't it still be useful for stones? Unless he's making stones a storage item, this won't change the hauling for them.

EDIT: Or... wheel barrels could be a storage items for stones? That'd be nice.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:54:46 pm by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 03, 2012, 12:08:21 am »

Linked to the potential for unpacking carts, and advanced trade-goods, would it be possible to manufacture clothing sets?

ie, an item which takes 10 silk to make, and unpacks to 2 socks, trousers, shirt, cape, cap, ...
the trade off here is less micromanagement (just build a set at once), against more labor to make (have to unpack as a separate task)

With the new changes to ownership and clothes, would it now be possible to have clothing again within masterwork?

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3167 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:14 am »

Clothing (shoes, shirt, pants, caps) are back in.

I can make cothing sets orderable from caravans, yes. Is planned.  Or did you mean creating it yourself in your fortress ? A batch workshop for weapons, armor, clothes, backpacks/quivers/flasks and such ?

EDIT: Just noticed that there is no Therapist for 34.07 yet... On a scale from 1-10 how mad would you guys be with a modversion without therapist ? ^^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:03:03 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 03, 2012, 01:05:40 am »

EDIT: Just noticed that there is no Therapist for 34.07 yet... On a scale from 1-10 how mad would you guys be with a modversion without therapist ? ^^

With castes enabled? 10
Without castes enabled? 1

:P

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 03, 2012, 01:34:56 am »

i meant a batch workshop, so that if you wanted to cloth all your dwarves, you could just order the creation of 50 new "sets of clothes", rather than having to que 50 of each of 10 different orders.

Perhaps you could do the same with armor - 1 "steel armor set" - boots (high,low), graves, chest-plate,helmet, etc..
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3170 on: April 03, 2012, 01:55:33 am »

Batch workshops are nice, but also slightly cheaty. I noted it down, but will take a while till it will see closer attention.

And about the Therapist ? Forget what I said, I just patched it myself, runs with DF.34.07 now.

For people who want it: Copy into the DwarfTherapist\etc\memory_layouts\windows folder:
Spoiler: v.0.34.07_legacy.ini (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: v.0.34.07_graphics.ini (click to show/hide)

EDIT: This is for splinterz Therapist V9 Version that has the caste tab. I dont know if it works with the normal therapist as well...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:19:21 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 03, 2012, 02:16:01 am »

It seems that I'm the first to get this version  :).

EDIT  :o It seems that I was in before the announcement.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:03:37 am by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3172 on: April 03, 2012, 02:16:26 am »

• Updated to 34.07
  • All building guides finished
  • +300 new creature sprites
  • Fish Farms
  • Better naming of bodyparts and another body overhaul
  • Seth Creiyds Dwarf Chocolate Mod (major parts at least)
  • Xangis Fear-the-Night Mod (slightly tweaked)
  • Many minor tweaks to reactions for better balancing
  • Many minor bugfixes

Notes:
I did remove a few features that do not work like intented, like the Guildhall, optional Clothing, the unfinished diseases and some transformations that might cause crashes (or not) I also did not do any test runs with this version. The reason for this is that I have not much RL time for modding currently. My next plan is to cycle 2000 km to Copan in Honduras, and that will take me 2-3 weeks. I made this update so you guys can have some fun and enjoy the bugfixes done by TodayOne, even if I did not finish all the planned features.

Special Thanks
This update has been heavily influenced by other modders, and I would like the thank arclance for the bloodwine idea, narhiril for the ongoing support and science about interactions, and of course Xangi and SethCreiyd for the big mods I was allowed to add. NW_Kohaku also deserves a mention here, since I based many of the new sprites on her (his?) work.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:04 am »

I think the layout you posted on the previous page looks much better. It's good to break up large portions of text into smaller portions because it looks like there is less to read. And people can skip around to sections they want to know more about.

So yeah I think it's good personally.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meph - awesome!! am downloading now and will report back =) am a little sad about the lack of a guildhall - i don't quite see what the problem is, as long as we know not to change guild dwarves to mages or vice versa. i'm totally in favor of batched workshops and tradegoods - maybe make it a bit more expensive/higher tech, but reducing micromanagement at higher tech levels can only be a good thing. i have to say that releasing without dwarf therapist is a 1 for me - therapist is absolutely necessary when you scale up. also, i think the "What is Masterwork Dwarf Fortress? Short Summary" section below is the best looking of the two.

absolutely all the best man - have a ball, and thanks for everything!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i love you meph, this therapist can show stats, i'm thrilled :D
sad it's 5am here..
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heyo! Thank you meph for all your effort and dedication to this mod and DF :)

Ich wuensch euch noch ne schoene reise und gesundheit auf eurem weg!
(thats have a nice trip and good health, in german)

Now, lets get this started :)

EDIT: there's a minor typo in the entitydefault, down by the goblin positions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:46:03 am by stool »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:21 am »

Batch workshops are nice, but also slightly cheaty. I noted it down, but will take a while till it will see closer attention.

Even if it took slightly extra time and resources, I'd gladly take the trade-off for real-time convenience if I could just place an order for 'one set of heavy steel armor' rather than selecting high boots, breastplate, helm, greaves, etc.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

So I have tried genning a few worlds in this mod
and the history still gets to Golden within the first century.
Is there no way to change this at all?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:13:02 am by Ultimuh »

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: April 03, 2012, 07:25:56 am »

Even if it took slightly extra time and resources, I'd gladly take the trade-off for real-time convenience if I could just place an order for 'one set of heavy steel armor' rather than selecting high boots, breastplate, helm, greaves, etc.

This!!! I think I would pay double the material costs for a simple way to make a suit of steel, copper, iron, leather, etc armor.

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 749