Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836188 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7 NEW: More Sprites and Balancing
« Reply #3210 on: April 03, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »

the rain of gold powder gets washed away in the lake but it rains every other minute which is bothersome and then the cloud of boiling golden salve comes almost every 5 minutes and that pauses my game and centers over it.  good biome and there are boiling clouds, doesn't seem intended but..
they're a bit annoying but not game breaking for me
maybe reduce the chance and have it rain more often

btw i had an engraver level 14, no caste, make a bituminous coal crown in the first autumn.  he might've been in the migration wave that just came (therapist counts 1 migration waves when there's been 2, my first 7 then 15) and he didn't gain any legendary skill in stone crafting :'(

and the coal powder has made 1 of my miners yellow in both lungs and blue heart with flashing red condition constantly, within the first month so now hes a hauler :D    the powder seems a little overpowered when there's so much of it, maybe i should've took it slower lol
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 03, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »

Dunno if working as intended, but "Flux Stone" seems to not exist anymore when i search for a desired location

pregen world, no flux stone.

random gen world, no flux stone.

has flux stone removed with masterwork ?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:33 pm »

The weird noble names: These are goblin nobles... damn, I thought I had fixed that. back to step one. There shouldnt be any problem besides the names though. Do you always get those ? Did you disable goblins in the GUI ?

Every single time when playing Blessed Serra. It doesn't happen on a randomly generated map. It always happens, regardless of what is disabled (I tested with kobolds/goblins off and kobolds/goblins on). I haven't tested the other pre-gen maps.

Religion should remove the priests, templars, preachers and archpriest.  To also remove the buildings use the "temples" button. I have to admit the name is horribly outdated, back when it was just the temple of armok.

Looks like I'll have to manually search through the raws to find and delete the nobles. No idea why it doesn't save the option to disable them in 1.6, but does in 1.7. Stealth bugfix? :P

Dunno if working as intended, but "Flux Stone" seems to not exist anymore when i search for a desired location

pregen world, no flux stone.

random gen world, no flux stone.

has flux stone removed with masterwork ?

I can confirm that searching for flux does NOT work in 1.7. Don't be dismayed, as flux is still in the game. Embarked at a volcano and dug straight down to test. Wasn't long until I hit marble. Just to test my theory, I checked the reactions using the [k] key. It still counts as flux.

EDIT: Tested with Small world, Everywhere minerals.

EDIT 2: To confirm my suspicions, tested with Vanilla 34.07. No searchable flux. It's a vanilla problem, not Masterwork.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:08:39 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:57 pm »

On batches -

I'd LOVE if we could order batches of metal bars from merchants.  Make it an item that takes a hundred metal bars to smith and costs appropriately (no quality modifier preferably).  Result?  Purchasing and melting it down gets the player fifty metal bars, rather than the 5-6 that the caravan might bring, but that takes a lot of stuff to purchase.

Heck, I'm liable to mod it in myself if I can figure out how.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:57 pm »

how long does it take for a dwarf to change? got one spying on some stuff and he's... got a family and not sure how to take this..
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »

Anyone else having trouble with dffd.wimbli.com?  I cant get on to download 1.7

Kyllo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:08 pm »

no, i'm having the same problem here, unfortunate, them internets one unstable place.

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: April 03, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »

Uploaded v1.7 to mediafire: *Removed, dffd back online*

Love your work meph!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:20:21 pm by BakkieSloot »

Kyllo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 03, 2012, 08:10:17 pm »

Awesome, thank you for uploading that, i dont think wimbli is getting back up any time soon :-\

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3219 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16:06 pm »

Oh... dffd is down... thanks for the quick upload at mediafire :)

I just couldnt resist, so here you go. This I made in the last 2 hours, all tested and works:

- Fixed Goblin nobles appearing with dwarf nobles.
 - Gave cavern civs only rusty iron, iron and pig iron.
 - Added splinterz official therapist for 34.07
 - Made special rains optional and less frequent
 - Padded leggings and greaves should be worn both now (UNTESTED)
 - Added dust storms to deserts (test for weather, thanks narhiril)
 - Added Concubines. Buyable slave women that help repopulating fortresses. Order them from caravans.
 - Added human/dwarf tradeable crate of steel, iron and bronze, with 10 bars.
 - Tradeable full armorsets of copper, bronze, iron or steel.
 - Tradeable Medical Supply Crates and Boxes of Clothing.
 - Added batch making of clothing, make a set of clothing in the craftsdwarf.
 - Added batch making of armor, make copper, bronze, iron, steel, mithril armorsets in the armory.
 - Added batch making of furniture, make sleeping/living/dining-room and tombs. Rock and Gold Version.
 - Added the new furniture workshop for the batch furniture reactions.
 - Removed cloaks, caps and hoods, to lower item count.

I hope dffd goes online soon.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:30:55 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BakkieSloot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »

Really?... I wanted to start a fort, but if you keep updating at this rate, I never get started...  >:(

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: April 03, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »

*bows down before his Master Meph*

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: April 03, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »

well just lost my fort due to a forest titan and an unprepared militia but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is this vanilla or the mod? cause a titan with that aura just... makes me wanna cry, because of the joy of course
and the secret guy would not stop spying on my production facility, never changed

btw in the guide for the gunsmith forge has "add bayonet to musket" twice, looks like a type for the pistols

now to wait for that update :D

edit:he's beating my men with a wool cap he picked up...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:38:31 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: April 03, 2012, 08:31:15 pm »

Meph/anyone: I just wanted to make a quick request to see if anyone has figured out hot to add volcanos to the Gaia param set? i'm not sure how to do it, despite my fiddling around.

If not, could someone make a version of gaia with volcanos? (ideally lots of them)

Thanks.

You could raise the amount of minimum volcanoes in the advanced parameters menu... or whatever you want to call it. That raises the possibility of having a lot of map rejects though. I suggest reading up on advanced parameters here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Advanced_world_generation

It's an older version, but there hasn't been that many changes between .31 and .34 in the advanced world generation, so it should serve.

I've been trying, but my fiddlings have led, nowhere. Nothing I seem to de creates any volcanoes.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: April 03, 2012, 08:37:30 pm »

Does the cursed urborg thingie have iron in it at all? Must have started 10 fortresses, plenty of bronze stuff, never iron... (Or does Prospector no longer pick up iron ores in this mod?)
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 749