Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836091 times)

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3150 on: April 02, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »

Hi there, I can't get this to work, like, at all. Masterworks Settings instantly crashes upon starting with a most unhelpful error message ("Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly. Click OK to stop the application."), the game itself crashes whenever I try to go any place beyond the title screen...

What am I doing wrong ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3151 on: April 02, 2012, 07:18:27 pm »

Do you have an updated version of NET Framework for Windows ? Did you just download and extracted the mod, without changing anything ?

The settings are optional, the mod works even without the exe.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:50 pm »

Yup, just downloaded and extracted the whole thing, without altering it in any way.

Gonna check about the version of the .NET Framework. Which should it be ? Version 4, right ?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

I'm personally for the idea of changing both recipes to be more balanced based on the situation.

Example:
[Reaction One] uses 1 iron bar and 4 flux to make 1 steel bar, with a 25% chance of getting an additional steel bar.
[Reaction Two] uses 4 iron bars and 1 flux to make 2 steel bars, with a 50% chance of getting an additional steel bar.

[Reaction One] is great if you have a lot of flux hanging around, but not a whole lot of iron ore to waste on making pig iron. The opposite is true of [Reaction Two]; not a lot of flux, but plenty of iron ore.

This way, the Crucible is a decent upgrade from using the Smelter, in case you don't want to use the Blast Furnace for steel making (I, personally, have one BF and four Crucibles on iron production). This also balances out as an intermediate step between the Smelter and the BF. Some players want to powergame all they like, and some like a challenge; the former will use the BF to make their steel, while the latter will stick with the Smelter.

---
Also, Guild transformations are a bit more bugged than originally thought. If you transform a dwarf who's in a squad into a legion dwarf, he will be permanently removed from the included Dwarf Therapist list under squads, as well as their caste wont change in DT. This is cosmetic, as they still have all functionality of their new guild affiliation in-game, but it's a bit of an annoyance when you're juggling 100 dwarves and forget who's in a guild and who isn't without looking at the military screen.

Another related thing to the guildhall is this message I got from an unfortunate ambush:
Urist McBait, Ghostly Hunter has transformed into a dwarf!

Apparently they don't retain their guild affiliation as a ghost, and get an odd message when they rise from their grave.

Samaliel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 02, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Updated .NET Framework. Error Message is now: "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »

For the summary, I think you should have a much shorter one that briefly lists some of your best/favorite features that masterwork is known for (like the ability to highly customize what you want to add/change with the mod). You have to grab the attention of new people that are unfamiliar with the mod and what it does and I don't think very many people are going to want to spend time reading a giant description.

I'm not saying remove the long description entirely, just have an actual brief summary at the top before all of it. I think a lot of people will get discouraged from reading when they see a huge amount of text.

Personally I think it's always good to have a list of features, and I would rather look at a list of features than a description because I want to know exactly what was changed (in this case it doesn't matter too much because you are awesome and created a program to disable almost all of the mod, so you can see the features there)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3156 on: April 02, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »

But how should I make a "short" list of features ? Like I said, I want to add one for people who dont read long texts, and maybe make the one I posted a bit shorter, but I have 800 reactions and 60 buildings. This alone, just as a list, is a long text ;)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3157 on: April 02, 2012, 09:53:31 pm »

My personal steel system has 3 BF and 2 Crucibles. One BF processes coal, one makes wrought iron, 2 crucibles hammer the iron, and the last BF make steel. So far, a team of Legion Dwarves armed to the teeth with steel. Great mod!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3158 on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:03 pm »

(seraphyx: You think this is better ? Compared to the one I have on the front page right now, will all the lists and spoilers)

What is Masterwork Dwarf Fortress ?
Short Summary

~25% higher FPS
Ascii, JollyBastion or Phoebus Tileset
A GUI to enable/disable 90% of the mod
30+ races
850+ creatures
60+ new buildings
800+ new reactions
1000+ plants and items
Priests, Guns, Mages and Slaves
Countless new tactical possibilities

Included Extras
Every single part of DF that can has been altered and hopefully made better by this compendium. Included are mouse macros, additional hotkeys, mouse support, a selection of ingame tips, uniform templates, pre-set worlds with specific topics, embark profiles, a new font, about 400 creature sprites, a program that alters 90% of the mod, several balancing features that make the game harder or easier, a new arena... a giant manual, building guides for each building, tables about new materials, wallpapers, 8 different tilesets and more. My Point ? Everyting I just noted is not even the ingame stuff added by Masterwork DF.

Fortress Mode
The main part of the mod are new fortress mode additions. A total of 850+ creatures, 800+ new reactions, 60+ new building, over 1000+ plants/items, up to 30+ races, cavern sieges and slaves, golems and landmines. Darven castes, farming trees, throwing weapons, weapon and armor upgrades, armored pets, alternate industries and food/booze sources, spies that infiltrate your fortress. Pray to armok for aid, defend yourself with turrets and mines, research firearms or magic, hunt kobolds for loot, while a disease ravages your fortress, or lock away your magic experiments gone wrong. A smelter catches fire, a miner dies of the black lung...

Example Features
Some features require you to kill megabeasts, other need trading, blueprints and research, hunting in the caverns, defeating the HFS, exploratory mining or avoiding dangerous warpstone. You can find hidden fossils or gems that produce water. Fell crystal trees and fashion pikes out of them, hunt gem scarabs for diamonds. Trading is very important. Order unique items from allies, buy slaves or dragons, constructs and materials, foreign weapons and armor. More flavor and atmosphere with race-specific items, different looking caverns and custom professions.

Included GUI / Settings
With the included Masterwork Settings.exe you can enable and disable parts of the mod, just by pressing a button. No modding experience needed. With over 5000 possible combinations you will find one that suits you.

Higher FPS
Generic materials and reduced item count. Many rocks leave only dust, invaders leave less items, redundant clothing is not there... this will lead to higher FPS. Leather is only called leather. Not "creature-name" leather, but only leather. Same for silk, hair, milk, meat and blood, bones and wood. You wont have to scroll through 50 building materials in your list, but only 10. This will increase your FPS by about 25%. No joking here. This mod is about 3 times as big as normal DF and still manages to run faster.

For a full list of features please use the included manual and guides.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:41:52 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3159 on: April 02, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

Double post, but hey.

Quote of the day, by Today:
The hauling changes have begun. This afternoon there were dwarves running around with bins, bags and barrels, vacuuming up items. Seeing a single dwarf clean up a seed-ridden dining room as a single job is a beautiful thing.

This will mean that wheelbarrows, loading and unloading stations will bite the dust with 34.08.

Nerebor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »

1 bug that's annoying the crap out of me during migrations i get "traders" who simply stand where they spawn for ages not allowing other migrants to enter i have to send my military over who are able to attack these traders for some reason to scare them off if the military touches a hair on their head they are instantly hated by every1 nearby and swarmed not to mention the fact that they will attack any1 on site.
I tamed the little blighters and they went all fubar on me dwarves!

Migrants arrive, Giant serpent notices migrants, Migrants die

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3161 on: April 02, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

How about just ignoring them, since they do no harm ? They certainly dont block migrants, and they will leave after a while by themselves. I am not even certain that this is a mod-related issue...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3162 on: April 02, 2012, 10:47:06 pm »

It isn't.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Nerebor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:53 pm »

Well heck i dont get them on vanilla DF But if your gonna be all smarmy about it i wont bother reporting what i believe are bugs.
I tamed the little blighters and they went all fubar on me dwarves!

Migrants arrive, Giant serpent notices migrants, Migrants die

Shin Majin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 02, 2012, 11:13:54 pm »

@Meph: There were several that didn't work, but I remember specifically that the Helmet Snake Man was one of them.  That being said, there was the possibility that the bite simply didn't break the skin.  I hadn't taken that into account at the time.  Actually, that was probably the case.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 749