Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836185 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7 NEW: More Sprites and Balancing
« Reply #3195 on: April 03, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »

Yes, you have normal trees and small trees that can be collected and cut up in the timberyard. I tested, and woodcutter do fell trees. The "plant" version of trees is needed to make them farmable.

Btw, I have very good news. Cave Civs have rusty iron and steel since 1.7, way better balancing. :) Just confirmed it by finding hostile gremlins that shot at me with rusty iron bolts, while wearing steel caps. No more slade/hellwood madness.

PS: Really like how the new creatures turned out. Here a normal embark, not a single vanilla df creature around... hope the frequency for animal man works as well, people mentioned all over the forum that there are too many of those...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:20:01 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so batch workshop has a higher priority all of a sudden ;) Please note that custom gloves have no left/right and wont work properly, so they cant be added.

Soldier Set: Helm, Breastplate, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask.
Archer Set: Helm, Mailshirt, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask, Quiver.
Clothing Set: Cap, Shirt, Pants, Shoes.
Medical Kit: 1 Crutch, 2 Splints, 2 Thread, 2 Cloth, 2 Soap.
Bed Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 1 Cabinet, 1 Chest.
Fancy Living Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 2 Cabinets, 2 Chests, 1 Armorstand, 1 Weaponrack.
Storage Set: 3 Bins, 3 Barrels, 3 Bags.

Anything else ? A simple batch option for producing several of the same item, like: 10 tables ? I dont know yet if I should add this to the fitting workshops (would make balancing harder) or make a dedicated "batch workshop"

@stool: Thanks for the "minor typo" catch. This solves the mystery of a report I got with dwarves having goblin nobles... :) Guess no one notcied since no one turns goblins off ^^

This is insanely cool! I think there definitively needs to be a Batch Workshop, I imagine setting ups batches (in my dwarfy head atleast) requires a whole different setup than dwarfs who just need to carve rock, so a new workshop makes sense. Such a cool idea! Along with an insane amount of cool ideas in the whole mod :)

VANDAM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3197 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:33 pm »

Full Changelog:
I want to play mac version of DFMW 1.7, when it's going to be released?
And, I've downloaded DFMW 1.6, and it seems to be a win binary file... Is it right? Or the download link is broken?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:36:20 pm by VANDAM »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3198 on: April 03, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »

Since I dont have a mac, the answer is: As soon as someone frankensteins a version together, my best bet is kudakero, who has done so 4-5 times already. I sent him a PM earlier, but it might take some time. If you want, you can make one yourself, the process is rather easy. The only reason I dont do it myself is that I cant test it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

VANDAM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 03, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »

I can do it, if you'll give me a guide or a wiki page with how-to... And what's wrong with 1.6?

adrianavaga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 03, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »

I think it's Therapist problem, because after adding wood cutting labor ingame it worked.

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 03, 2012, 04:01:47 pm »

I just made a new embark on the good plains, and it almost immediately started raining milk and honey and did not stop since. For me it spoils the nice green (soon-to-be red) surface. Is it possible to make these interactions also optional (like about everything else in this mod) ? Thank you, I really love this mod.

fredmaehn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Mac Problems
« Reply #3202 on: April 03, 2012, 04:06:20 pm »

Can someone help me?

I tries to make my own mac version by

a) running settings.exe in my virtual windows machine
b) copying df, dwarfort.exe and libs from df_osx o masterwork folder

strangely, it runs just fine on my Lion/64bit Macs, but on my old MacBook (with only 32bit intel core processor) it hangs whenever I load a game or try to generate a world. Dozens of error messages like "2012-04-03 23:03:26.224 dwarfort.exe[12421:5103] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x20cf3c50 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking" in terminal

unfortunately, my 64bit macs are at work, where i can't play. So i really want to get it running in my laptop.

Vanilla df runs fine, in ASCII and with ironhand graphics.

Any ideas?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

This is what happens when you embark on Blessed Serra instead of a random gen:

There are three things wrong with this picture. Happens in 1.6 and 1.7. Kinda bites since I really like the volcanic activity and the good biomes from Blessed Serra.

Also, what are the raw changes made when selecting/deselecting Religion from the Misc Features category? 1.6 wont properly save the option if you change it, I don't want to play with the religion option enabled, and I don't want to play 1.7 because of vanilla's changes to clothes (no offense to Meph).

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 03, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »

Meph/anyone: I just wanted to make a quick request to see if anyone has figured out hot to add volcanos to the Gaia param set? i'm not sure how to do it, despite my fiddling around.

If not, could someone make a version of gaia with volcanos? (ideally lots of them)

Thanks.

Spoonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 03, 2012, 04:29:06 pm »

Ive a group of dwarfs running back and forth around my ammo stockpile. I cannot figure out whats going on. The stockpile contains wooden bolts and wooden javalins, the dwarfs are a mixture of professions. This started quite early in the fort, Ive no military present. Any ideas?

Awesome mod too.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

Meph/anyone: I just wanted to make a quick request to see if anyone has figured out hot to add volcanos to the Gaia param set? i'm not sure how to do it, despite my fiddling around.

If not, could someone make a version of gaia with volcanos? (ideally lots of them)

Thanks.

You could raise the amount of minimum volcanoes in the advanced parameters menu... or whatever you want to call it. That raises the possibility of having a lot of map rejects though. I suggest reading up on advanced parameters here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Advanced_world_generation

It's an older version, but there hasn't been that many changes between .31 and .34 in the advanced world generation, so it should serve.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 03, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »

Ah Meph,

I am still playing v1.6, but am reading the new changes and the complete building guide (GREAT JOB btw) in v1.7. You must understand it was like playing it blind without this building guide, lol.

Anyway, at least it may solve the problem I had with brewery for a long time. I thought the reason why I could not always produced seasonal stuff, was that I didn't have enough suger. Now, seems to be not having enough *specific* drinks in a barrel. But how many do I need in a barrel?? Like 25 *specific* wine in a barrel??

Also, the only thing I could make is Royal Dwarven Ale [25], but nothing else. Funny thing is after I check in the brewery, the Royal Dwarven Ale [25] was not even stored in a barrel like the other alchol drinks. So maybe that is the reason why I never saw any of my dwarf drink them. Don't know if I did something wrong in the process?? And they have to be in the same barrel right?? That could explain why even I had 76 strawberry wine here and there, but not able to make any seasonal strawberry wine out of it.

One last thing, is kobold the only creature that drops Bag of Loot?? In my old 1.6 fort, most of the thief type I encountered were minotaurs, even Minotaur Master Thief. I notice that minotaur thieves did drop bag as well (while not carrying any weapon or armor with them sounds silly to me.), but those bags did not really act as Bag of Loot in my experience. Occasionally, I killed some kobold theives here and there, and I did witness my creature reserach lab was working on it automatically. While it did not work on the minotaur bags. Even tried to do it via manager screen, but won't work. Got a bit confused here.

Anyway, enjoy your trip Meph!! Hope the sun shines your way through!!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 03, 2012, 05:01:34 pm »

I find it kind of funny how all i really ever did for the wiki before getting distracted by real life stuff was make 2 pages and get everyone else working on it  :)

anyways, back to DF now so i will get the new version and try it out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3209 on: April 03, 2012, 05:09:09 pm »

Ok...

Dwarves running back and forth to stockpiles sounds like they try to do a job, then stop it, then restart it. No idea what might cause it, never seen it.

The thieves that drop bags are just bags... thieves bring them, since they need something to stuff their stolen goods in, no ? ;)  Only Kobolds really drop loot.

The brewery should work fine, except the little problem with sugar in bags in barrels... maybe it is time I rethink that building. Polish it up a bit.

The weird noble names: These are goblin nobles... damn, I thought I had fixed that. back to step one. There shouldnt be any problem besides the names though. Do you always get those ? Did you disable goblins in the GUI ?

Religion should remove the priests, templars, preachers and archpriest.  To also remove the buildings use the "temples" button. I have to admit the name is horribly outdated, back when it was just the temple of armok.

The custom rains are Seth Creiyds work, and are part of the Dwarf Chocolate mod. I simply forgot about them, will make custom weather optional of course. I somehow overlooked them, since I focused more on fogs/clouds then on rain. Are they very bothersome ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:17:39 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 749