Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60982 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #945 on: October 11, 2012, 06:52:38 am »

Action: Go meet Roim in the field-dress in full armor and weaponry.

Send the following message ahead of me.

Roim

I'm back.
I love you.
I'll see you in the field.

Our daughter is so beautiful. Her name is Kathrica. She has your eyes.

Averys
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:47 am »

Roim was inspecting the earthworks when the messager caught up with him. Aeverys was back! His daugther was alive and well! He had a daughter. Suddenly, Ravenhorst, the spaceport, the smell of the militia, the cramped quarters and the stolen food, everything faded away. She was back. Like the sun after a thunderstorm, the news shone on his heart. He immediately turned around to the Headquarter.

"Azthor! Aeverys is back!! She is back with my daughter, little Kathrica. She is on her way as we speak, and I'm going to meet her halfway. Take care of everything, there is a copy of my orders on my desk. Feel free to use them. Try to prepare things for her coming, I don't want my little daughter stuck in those cramped soldier's quarter. Oh, and if you could find some good hooch, I'm sure she'd be pleased. Thank you mate.

Oh, and do you mind if a borrow a vehicle from your regiment? They're faster than mine. Thank you!

Whithout waiting for an answer, Roim rushed outside. His joyful cries of "She's back! She's back could be heard fading into the distance...

---

A day later, near some unnamed hamlet like they were so many in the Novan Empire, Roim and Aeverys finaly met after so many months of separation. Roim, for the first time in many years, was crying.

My dear! I was afraid I'd never see you again. I am so happy. And this... said Roim, looking at small Kathrica resting in his big armored arms. I conquered continents, but until now I had nothing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2012, 08:59:03 am »

(( and thats children is why i didnt want to tell any numbers about the size of the army...great. They didn't still the whole Supply Train, although i may have written that wrong. Just enough for several Regiments.

Sheb i actually thought by reserve that you didnt want them left behind. After all you ordered ALL your troops to the siege. Either i didn't see the order to leave the Reserve behind or you simply haven't given it
Fake-Edit: Just see that you changed the Post on October the 9th before that you ordered all troops to be moved. I propably didnt see the edit...*shrugs* not like there is anybody who would invade you now...and i just assume Police Forces where left behind...))

Further investigations into the matter with the bikes and the flamethrowers reveal that the Heavy Armours are custom made...out of motorcycle parts. The Flamethrowers also look very suspiciously like made from Motorcycles. Further investigations into the Irregulars from Reachwood hint that they somehow have managed to aquire more custom made weapons.

Implying to the Regulars that they may do a run on the enemy lines loosens their tongues quickly. They tell you that they were hungry as the Quartermasters couldn't feed the army anymore due to stolen supplies. They tell you that they traded their weapons in for arquebuses and food to some shady camp followers.

[?]Scouring the Countryside turns up nothing of worth. And your men sent into the forest looking for game find but a whole bunch of trapping devices with which to catch such. Seems like somebody was a faster thinker than you...

You put one of your Generals in charge of the Logistics and assign the House Guards to defend the Food. [2-1] Turns out it was a bad idea. Even more food than before is gone. And while nobody in the army is lacking something to eat things go missing...Failure turns into Humiliation when somebody steals your Maptable out of your own tent. Guarded by at least ten men.
However the maps weren't stolen.

A day later your trusted Logistic Generals very own tent has gone missing. Although all his belongings are still there, he is forced to move in with one of your other Generals.

A Regiment of Regulars lost their Imperial Weaponry and gained Arquebuses. 5 Regiments of Reachwood Irregulars have been upgraded to Half-Automatic Weapons.

Spoiler:  Roims Army (click to show/hide)

mesor
[1] Your messenger gets shot as he tries to leave during the night. [6] luckily nobody figures out hes from your guys...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:00:49 am by Ghazkull »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2012, 09:16:37 am »

(( Dam. ))

Send one of my regiment commanders to the military commander of Ravenwood force's with this message.

Message.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:28:18 am by mesor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 11, 2012, 09:20:19 am »

((Do they have ninja in this universe? ))

Ask the Reachwood where they got their weapons.
Also, question the guards that were guarding the maptable. Did it disappear? Ran away? What happened to it?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:23:24 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 11, 2012, 09:24:52 am »

(( Im no expert Sheb but maybe you should attack before anything else goes missing lol at this rate your army will have no weapons. ))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 11, 2012, 09:30:48 am »

((Well, I did order a first probe))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2012, 10:22:11 am »

((Do they have ninja in this universe? ))

Ask the Reachwood where they got their weapons.
Also, question the guards that were guarding the maptable. Did it disappear? Ran away? What happened to it?

They managed to rob the tent. Even I am now confused. More importantly, why would they rob a tent and  and leave everything else behind?

1. Look into the shady camp followers.
2. Have my power armored regiments temporarily drafted into guard duty across the camp; any suspects are to be immediatly apprehended and brought before me.
3. Work on remedying the irregulars' lack of discipline.
4. Have the regulars on alert to defend the camp and start putting all of the levies through rigorous drills.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:29:44 am by Azthor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:49 am »

((Yup, we got trolling ninja on our hands. Well, since you're online, I'll let you deal with that while I'm busy coddling my baby))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 11, 2012, 11:17:24 am »

Roim was inspecting the earthworks when the messager caught up with him. Aeverys was back! His daugther was alive and well! He had a daughter. Suddenly, Ravenhorst, the spaceport, the smell of the militia, the cramped quarters and the stolen food, everything faded away. She was back. Like the sun after a thunderstorm, the news shone on his heart. He immediately turned around to the Headquarter.

"Azthor! Aeverys is back!! She is back with my daughter, little Kathrica. She is on her way as we speak, and I'm going to meet her halfway. Take care of everything, there is a copy of my orders on my desk. Feel free to use them. Try to prepare things for her coming, I don't want my little daughter stuck in those cramped soldier's quarter. Oh, and if you could find some good hooch, I'm sure she'd be pleased. Thank you mate.

Oh, and do you mind if a borrow a vehicle from your regiment? They're faster than mine. Thank you!

Whithout waiting for an answer, Roim rushed outside. His joyful cries of "She's back! She's back could be heard fading into the distance...

---

A day later, near some unnamed hamlet like they were so many in the Novan Empire, Roim and Aeverys finaly met after so many months of separation. Roim, for the first time in many years, was crying.

My dear! I was afraid I'd never see you again. I am so happy. And this... said Roim, looking at small Kathrica resting in his big armored arms. I conquered continents, but until now I had nothing.

Averys took a moment to embrace her husband...for that moment, there was no war, no Empire, no grand destiny-just her, him and the baby. Together, safe.

For now.

"...I am happy as well-you are alive, and the Empire is stronger than ever. As much as anyone could be." She held up Kathrica to his side "...Is she not beautiful? As beautiful as a rising star...so much to do, so much to do. Together. I spoke to you long ago of carving a bloody path to the stars, remember?

Now it will have to be wider, to fit the three of us."
She said, smiling distantly. No one would harm her child-no one. Averys would kill the stars themselves to keep her safe.

Ah, so sweet is a mothers love.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 11, 2012, 11:21:50 am »

Azthor
[2]It turns out the shady camp followers are in fact nonexistant. Nobody has ever seen them again after they dealt with them.

[?]Your men look out for suspicious Persons but find nobody.

[3]The table apparently disappeared. They were standing in front of your tent and nobody entered it from there.

As you go to do something about that lack of discipline you find a group of Irregulars seated around a massive oaktable. They seem to be playing cards...wooden cards.

King,Assassin an' Mason o' 'igh House Death. Pay up Pick!

nay, nay you idiot. Yer still dint get the rules, did ya?

How if ye change them every Kapan-forsaken game?

I Dint change 'em you runt. We play a different game. By the way Banshee of Death, Queen of Chains an' Mother Dark. Got the evil Ladies hah!

Bah. Lord of War,Guardians of the Dead and the man looks up and grins at you, with black stumped teeth. Herald of War. I win and you have to pay up.

Juras

[?] Your man goes to the gates. After requesting entry he is let inside. It takes a few hours and the man is let out by throwing him from the walls. Luckily they are not that high and he survived with two broken legs. The answer is obviously "no".

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 11, 2012, 11:29:31 am »

"Congratulations, gentlemen, you've won yourselves a one way trip to Lord Azthor's training camp from hell. When we are done, you will either be Nova's most well-oiled engine of war or you will be dead"

Put the levies and irregulars through training from hell. When I am done, they will either be Nova's finest or they will be traumatized for life.
- endurance, agility & strength training
- discipline & unit cohesion
- squad tactics & leadership for the officers
- firing and the use of explosive ordinances
- positioning & movement through obstacles in the battlefield
- storming heavily fortified positions
- trench warfare

The regular & power-armored regiments will assist in the training, as well as defend and keep order all around the camp.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:43:47 am by Azthor »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 11, 2012, 11:34:58 am »

Have my men begin to build tunnels that come out behind the enemies position starting in my trench.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:51:35 am by mesor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 11, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »

[6]You immediately order a tight training regime, ignoring the confused men before you. However soon things go awry. It begins with the Officers.  They seem to be missing. Though you find the Leadership of the Regiments you can't find anybody else. Apart from the normal soldiers youf ind several "High Marshals" but other officers seem to be missing.

[3]Even worse though you order firing and explosives training, sergeants complain that the moment they begin firing excercises weapons,ammunition and whole explosives casks go missing. But nobody of the Irregulars seem to have stolen them. Later when mandatory searches are ordered, the weapons and explosives just appear again. You learn that via trial and error after sacking a few sergeants youd eem mad you realize that they all speak the truth.

Trenches ordered to be dug are filled up overnight again. Soon you begin to station guards everywhere, but it appears minor distractions cause major incidents. Guards having sudden attacks of diarrhea or going for a leak return to find their comrades knocked out and training gear vanishing.

In short all attempts to bring discipline and Order into the Irregulars are sabotaged in one way or another. When suspects are apprehended to be punished, they just seem to vanish. The Irregulars seem to stand together. Even worse, when you cut the rations of the Regiment other Regiments suddenly report that food has been stolen.

All attempts short from hanging or mistreating the Irregulars fail. Their Officers and the Infantry men show a cohesion unprecedented. All their "pranks" and sabotage actions show a military genius you have never seen before. A Military Genius who could no way come from the inbred simpletons of the Reachwood.

You try to continue your tight Training Regime but  soon drill officers and sergeants form long lines before your tent to ask to resign.

Mesor

[5]Your men begin digging a tunnel directly below the No-Man's Land towards Azthors camp. And after 2 Weeks you have almost finished it. By your math you should be directly under the center of the camp by now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 11, 2012, 12:11:09 pm »

((Could just threaten to orbitally bombard their homes, now that we can do that :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89