Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60981 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #930 on: October 10, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »

Trent looked puzzled for a moment then started to sit up as he spoke again,

"Crazy? Not at all I'd just like to stay alive as long as I can, where am I?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 10, 2012, 05:46:13 pm »

"Oh great... Thanks for your work fellas. Go ahead and rest."
He looks around and sighs
"The rest of you has work, sorry."

slash-and-burn and log the forest around the camp to ensure that the xenos don't do an easy ambush on the camp. WORKERS ARE GUARDED

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 10, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »

(( Merc upgrade please :P. ))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 10, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »

With the last transport arrived Archon himself, on the bridge of Aurora. He proudly overlooked the war arrangements and deployed troops. With cargo comparments containing warheads and troops already getting in contact with xenos, Luthias was sure of the campaign success...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:22:28 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 10, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »

((half of that stuff you could have saved...as it brings you nothing. On another note Weapons and Armour have been upgraded))

Juras
You deliver a speech and your men take it up and for a while the morale is indeed raised. But as the siege drags from days to 2 then 3 weeks the heighened morale quickly fades away. Reassessing the Numbers of your Allies gains you nothing. You have already gathered as much info as possible.
Your men try to get into the city but the gates are closed.

You already have gathered the maximum of intel you could, and i won't reroll on that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 10, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »

Tavius admired the ship during the slow trip in FTL, astounded by the fact that despite all the damage it's subsystems and hull had taken the ship was still travel-worthy.

Now, back at the system he had called home for a more than a few years, Tavius had a few things to do... "So, Averys. Think we ought to tell Roim your home yet, or did you want to give him a surprise by showing back up in person?"

Averys looked back on her home world with something like...restlessness. This was just a petty world-she had seen greater things. It was almost difficult moving back.

"...This isn't a game, Tavius. We'll send word ahead...but we'll not wait for a response. I'm going to march into my home. And anyone who stands before me will die. Simple plan, yes?"

Action: Send word that Averys has returned-return to my capital city
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »

(( Upgrades? I get upgrades? ))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 10, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

Aeverys and Tavius

With a large Landing Ship your return to Si'kar. Onboard the Deacon of Garthon I, your baby and the a Lieutenant from the Viridian Dream, now highest ranking Crewmember although he has accepted the Authority of the Custodian and Tavius.

As you reach Delta 17 and the Palace, you find it almost devoid of life. Even the Sprawling little Hive below you seems oddly empty. On the Landing Pad all that awaits you is Malcador, in his grey hooded cloak and a few servants with refreshments.

Upon leaving the lander he immediately greets you with surprise in his eyes and open arms.

Lady Aeverys it's good to see you are still alive! Only faint rumours of Vengeance reached us and that after Roim and Azthor had already left.  he looked upon the bundle in Aevery's arms.

My, so it has happened already? Of course it has. its been long enough after all. May i congratulate you to your Child Mylady?

((what upgrades Mesor? you get no upgrades...))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 10, 2012, 06:38:37 pm »

(( Nvm wasn't sure if it meant me or not anyway but it does give me an idea, It's unlikely but hey maybe the rolls with favor me.

What about the information I was meant to get after the previous update? I never did get it.

Information of the Consistency of the Noble Coalition Army via Pm ))

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:15:35 am by mesor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:53 pm »

"Very well Milady. I do need funds in order to get this ship repaired though, and I would be grateful if you did provide them. If not, this ship does have a few warjeads we can use, but there's only 20 of them, and we don't know what they do. Still, if you need me to drop one, I'll be happy to oblige."

Tavius sits around on the cruiser, doing shit-all while Averys is down on the surface.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »

Lady Aeverys it's good to see you are still alive! Only faint rumours of Vengeance reached us and that after Roim and Azthor had already left.  he looked upon the bundle in Aevery's arms.

My, so it has happened already? Of course it has. its been long enough after all. May i congratulate you to your Child Mylady?

"You may, Bondsman." She said, reminding him of his place.

"...so, where is everyone? It seems oddly quiet, for this time of day."

Averys bent down to kiss her fussy daughter on the forehead, seemingly harmless-but she was also creeping her other hand to her pistol. Before her hatred of Malcador had been personal, petty and vindictive in a way. Now it was...paternal. She could think of him not unlike a poisonous spider creeping toward her babys crib-best crushed underfoot. Averys was ready to kill him-in the blink of an eye.

In a way, the bloodlust and paranoia was the best part of coming home.

"Very well Milady. I do need funds in order to get this ship repaired though, and I would be grateful if you did provide them. If not, this ship does have a few warjeads we can use, but there's only 20 of them, and we don't know what they do. Still, if you need me to drop one, I'll be happy to oblige."

Tavius sits around on the cruiser, doing shit-all while Averys is down on the surface.

"Funds will be provided once I regain my position..." She said matter of factly. "Keep on the comm line-I might need some of those warheads." Averys said, smiling.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »

"Very well Ma'am. Though I may well drop a few on the church's stronghold if you don't give me a target. Boredom and all that..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 10, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »

Malcador ignored the poison in her voice

Your Husband and your Uncle have set out to siege the Holdings of Lord Ravenwood for killing Lord Rigos. They have put up everything we could muster and taken with them. We are virtually without defense. In a Radius of 100 Miles you won't find any Soldier remaining. My they even scoured the Lower Hive Levels for Levies.

Ah yes and the Archon has begun his Crusade on Nova Babaricum. The Salyar spawn by the way has turned out a traitor and now hides behind the Archons robes. To be honest i am glad you returned, Roim is making enemies with the Archon,The Minor Nobles and nearly managed to bring up LeGrombe up against the House too. And he and Azthor have more than a...cool relationship to say the least. In your absence your Husband has taken it upon him to manage your fiefs. Currently of the 200 Credits fo your private money uhm...45 Credits remain. But your husband can pride himself of a large army than before. he has amassed over a million men under his command. Mostly Levies but a good core of professionals among them.

Uhm yes...that should be pretty much all worthwile i can report mylady.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16:18 pm »

Send a private message to Lord Roim

Message.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 11, 2012, 02:35:49 am »

((Ghazkull, I specifically said I'd leave most of the reserve behind... Either you retcon, or I'll assume Malcador is lying.

Also, some fun math. You stated I got 1 million men. Let's assume it's an overstatement and I got 500.000. Let's also assume they each eat 1.5 kg of food a day, and let's say I got 1 month worth of food. 30*1.5*500.000/1000=22.500 tons of food. That's right, someone managed to steal over TWENTY THOUSANDS TONS of food (So a stack 50 meters long by 50 meter wide by 9 meter high) without Azthor's spy, or anyone else, noticing. Yup, we got a badass over there. That, or the GM didn't think it through before creating this story arc. :p

Also, I assume I do not yet know of Aeverys' return. I'll get the message in a few days I guess.))

Whole regiments seling their weapons? There is no discipline in this army anymore. Time to move.

Plunder the local countryside for food.
Investigate the weapon sale. Who did they trade with? Also, question the guards that let food for a million man be stolen.
Appoint one of my trusted lieutenant as Head of Logistic.
Appoint the House Guards to guard the food.
Probe the defense with half a dozen regiment of militias on a small section of the perimeter. Send the regiment that sold their guns as well, they might as well learn it was not a good idea.
Oh, and inquire into the theft of my Guard's vehicles and the orginin of the irregulars' flamethrower.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:09:19 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89