Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60966 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #975 on: October 12, 2012, 02:32:52 am »

Roim was heading back into the camp. After the ceremonies for Aeverys' greetings and the formal handover of authority to her, both of them where in their tent, studying the map.

Well my dear, that bloody path to the stars you were talking of? Today is the first stretch. If you'd lead the assault, I'm sure our men would be most pleased. I'd be wary of the Reachwood regiments though. They cannot be trusted. To tell the truth, I'd send them away before any assault, or else send them in first to probe the defenses.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 12, 2012, 09:16:44 am »

If I am not yet aware of such, try and pinpoint the Irregulars' leading officers.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 12, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

Trent looked puzzled for a moment then started to sit up as he spoke again,

"Crazy? Not at all I'd just like to stay alive as long as I can, where am I?"

(( I don't wanna die Ghaz !!!! D: ))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 12, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »

The Night of a Thousand Horrors.

It is propably this Night, this single Night who spelled the Downfall of the Species known as Homo Reptilis or in the Common Tongue "Xenos". A genocide of yet unprecedented cruelty had been perpetrated on these isolationist Humanoids on the night of the 12.October 103AE.
What remains of the Xenos to this day recounts that Night as one of the worst terrors one can imagine. Even back in the Army Camps of House Nova the earth shook it was told, when the Bioweapons struck.

In reality nobody slept that night. Neither in the Crusaders Beachhead, where the Archon drank with his closest Commanders nor in the Camps of Nova where only the tremble of the Earth and distant lights indicated that a Terror beyond comprehension had be unleashed. Human Imagination is cruel and when the 80 Bombs struck in a mere hour, 2.8 Billion Xenos recieved some of the worst Human Imagination could conjure up. 2.8 Billion Lifes winked out in the Initial Outbreak. What would follow, was worse. The Horrific Machinations Archon Luthias (at this time he wasn't known by the epitheth "Harbringer") unleashed upon Si'kar quickly spread on Nova Babaricum and turned the Continent from a serene untamed Forest Wilderness into a apocalyptic Wasteland of Eldritch proportions.

-A Symphony of Death and Horror:a History on the Subjugation of Nova Babaricum, Imperial Historian Yorrin 300 AE

Archon Luthias uses 80 Biological Warheads on the Xenos of Nova Babaricum
50 Parcels are turned into Chemical Wastelands
89 Parcels are Infected
4 Parcels are turned into Haunted Forests
the Xeno Population has been reduced to around 287 Million Survivors.

Trent
[5] Your luck is unbelievable even while the Alien begin to hang you on a Pole outside the Crusader Camps, they run when they see,hear and feel the bombs falling. In panic they leave you bound to that Pole where the next morning you are found by the Pickets.

Azthor
[?]You find a group of Irregulars at the Edge of the Camp like most of the hundreds and thousands of other standing there they watch the spectacle in the night sky.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 12, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

Delvos watches the explosions outside of the tent, where the Archon, Goldmouth and other high-ranking soldiers drink and laugh.
"...This is brutal..."
More words he doesn't have. Yes, he fights the Xenos and he's pretty sure that he hates them too, but this is just sheer terror and apocalypse.
"...Likes to play god, the Archon..."
He goes back into the tent, seeing enough.
"Well, the xenos will be really jarred after that, Your Grace. What was in these warheads by the way?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:31:06 pm by Dragor23 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:17 pm »

"Biological agents and chemical warheads mostly. Whatever the House Cr'tok concocted. You are moving out soon, so be ready. You will for mthe rearguard, whiel Crusaders and Militia will march at the front. We are pacifying and killing off all xeno creatures that might endager the church colonists."

Archon turned to his tent and then asked for Comm with House Cr'tok. also a long message was to be sent to support the election of a reformist candidate.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 12, 2012, 03:38:37 pm »

"Ah, very interesting... Very well, I'm preparing my men for it."
Hooray. Fighting in infected and chemical bombarded wastelands sure are fun. He should ask for a pay raise, just to compensate the harder conditions.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 12, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

After staring at the Emperor-forsaken fireworks, Azthor comments offhandedly to the Irregulars:

"That damn Archon wants to recreate Vengeance all over on Si'kar and there is nothing we can do about it; at least not yet. The Archon is still too influential, and we are still a shadow of our former glory."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 12, 2012, 04:01:12 pm »

One of the Irregulars turns around and grins at you broadly, with badly cared for teeth. His uniform is a plain pale washed out blue and you are not exactly sure what rank he has...

bah! Dem Inquisitors, will be crawlin' all over the place 'n no time. That lad won't be buggin' yer for long ser.
ye' already have a plan fo' that siege?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 12, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »

"Lots of them; all of them bad at best, catastrophic at worst" said Azthor grinning.

"However, something tells me that now, with Roim off to have his little family reunion, would be an awfully convenient time for a "ragtag bunch of misfits" to come up with something and win us the day. You wouldn't happen to know any of those, would you?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 12, 2012, 04:21:44 pm »

Have the men build 2 side tunnels, they are to end at the defending trench line at least 10 regiments to each flank and to leave 1 meter off earth in place rather then breach the trenches entirely.
Send one of my men down the already constructed tunnel, He is to come out in the besieging armies base and surrender to the first soldier he sees and demand that he be taken to see the man commanding the armies. Once before him he is to deliver this message.

"My lord I bring word from Janos. There is a tunnel leading from he's position to your camp, as we speak he is building 2 side tunnels that will lead to the trenches to he's flanks. Once it is complete he will send a new messenger and he will show you the tunnels. With the tunnels he humbly suggests you launch a frontal assault and send your heavy infantry through the tunnels, they will have to dig through a meter of earth to breach the trenches then they can fall upon the defenders from within the trenches while they are already fighting. He also requests that you send 2 regiments of expendable men to attack our position, we will kill or drive off those forces to increase our reputation then fall back into the city when you brake the trench line. If this is acceptable to you then I must return to my master immediately."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 12, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »

Tavius watched in horror from the bridge of the ancient cruiser he was on, appauled by the mass biological weapon usage in the crusade, the devastation wreacked upon a race, just because they weren't human.

However, fate would have a black day for the church, and it would come sooner than Later.

"Keeper, you getting this feed?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:47 pm »

Tavius

Yes i got that. I really appreciate the effort Visitor but i've had enough of Wasteland Worlds and guarding Crypts. I've done that for the last aeon.

Archon

Contact with House Cr'tok is established

We see that our weapons worked formidable. What can we do for you?

You voice your support with the Reformist Candidate, which was already obvious. Still it doesn't change the fact that he has less votes. Maybe convincing some of the other Archons might help?

Azthor,Juras

"Well, ser i sure as hell din't. Try th' table o'er there, they r' th' 'eads."

He points over to the maptable, which had again found its way into the hands of the Irregulars. the same group of Irregulars was sitting around it playing with a Deck of Ascendants.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 13, 2012, 01:39:14 pm »

"I had nothing to do with those explosions, but I have a feeling that I know who did. Are we able to lock into targets for the warheads? If so, I think a little bit of retribution is in order..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 13, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »

Azthor,Juras

"Well, ser i sure as hell din't. Try th' table o'er there, they r' th' 'eads."

He points over to the maptable, which had again found its way into the hands of the Irregulars. the same group of Irregulars was sitting around it playing with a Deck of Ascendants.

(( Im confused how this ties into my tunnel and messenger? ))
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89