Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38848 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [7/7, 2/2, 1/1] - Elimination Round - D1
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2011, 10:47:47 am »

Mormota: Answer to first question: Yes I have found people suspicious. Specifically, Andrew based on his actions and questions beforehand. The reason i'm still asking around? If I am wrong and he justifies himself, I can still take an instant lead on someone based on their answers to my questions now.
Second question: Why wouldn't I? If I could find out who the Roleblocker or Godfather are, it would help us townies find scum.
And a question to you: What are your suspicions on Andrew?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:29 am »

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)
No, no, no, NO. This is not how things are done. The only time joke questions like this are accepted is when they are sandwiched between actual useful (or at least as useful as RVS question get) questions at the start of the game.
You act as if that was my only post so far. Hell, you're making it seem like that was the only purposeful thing I put in that post. Is it a crime to throw in a joke after answering questions directed at you? And is it even more of a crime when the aforementioned joke actually serves a purpose? Way to misrep me. My eye = on you.
I'm trying to teach you what would and wouldn't get your sorry ass lynched, you halfwit. Jokes themselves are okay if you're considerate while dispatching them, but if you address someone while joking it means that you're expecting an answer. Do you see the problem with answering joke questions?

Mormota, don't ignore me.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2011, 11:43:37 am »

I straight copy-pasted his original question. I knew that he'd know that I was joking, and indeed, he knew that I wasn't expecting a response. Also, I'd suggest lightening up on the insults, you brain-dead moron (fair's fair). Making a joke won't get me lynched in a game that has even remotely intelligent people.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2011, 12:08:55 pm »

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)
No, no, no, NO. This is not how things are done. The only time joke questions like this are accepted is when they are sandwiched between actual useful (or at least as useful as RVS question get) questions at the start of the game.
You act as if that was my only post so far. Hell, you're making it seem like that was the only purposeful thing I put in that post. Is it a crime to throw in a joke after answering questions directed at you? And is it even more of a crime when the aforementioned joke actually serves a purpose? Way to misrep me. My eye = on you.
I'm trying to teach you what would and wouldn't get your sorry ass lynched, you halfwit. Jokes themselves are okay if you're considerate while dispatching them, but if you address someone while joking it means that you're expecting an answer. Do you see the problem with answering joke questions?

Mormota, don't ignore me.

1, Stop getting personal, you're an IC FFS! If you want to teach people, you're doing it wrong.

2, You could've bothered to repost your question so I wouldn't have to search for it, given I missed it originally. (That's because I checked the thread from my phone but did not post, so I only ran through the posts before posting.)

Why would I protect randomly when I can save not only the most useful player but also the likeliest one to be attacked? What are you getting at with those questions, Mormota?

When I was mafia last game, our IC told us not to kill an IC N1, because 1, that would ruin the purpose of the BM if the IC couldn't lead by example and 2, He's most likely to receive protection.

Of course, this can lead to WIFOM, but you know for pretty much a fact that the IC won't get killed, so you can direct your protection elsewhere. And now comes the surprise, Watson: I ask questions to get answers. It's surprising, I know.

Mormota: Answer to first question: Yes I have found people suspicious. Specifically, Andrew based on his actions and questions beforehand. The reason i'm still asking around? If I am wrong and he justifies himself, I can still take an instant lead on someone based on their answers to my questions now.

I think you could just look around then.

Second question: Why wouldn't I? If I could find out who the Roleblocker or Godfather are, it would help us townies find scum.

Because it would help you if 7 people said they like being roleblocker or godfather. No, it would not help anyone. We would not gain anything from that information. But for scum, they have to choose a NK target. Who can they choose? Someone who is good at scumhunting, or perhaps someone who has a town role. Just know this: Rolefishing is scummy. Period. Rolefishing for scum roles is called scum-hunting.

I could just pull a Dariush and say: My suspicion is that he's scum.

But I know that's not what you meant. Just to point out the most recent of Andrew's suspicious actions, he straight-out lied. Town does not want to incriminate other people, scum do. Yes Andrew, I'm calling you scum.

Then you, ansontan. You asked a very similar question once, that's fine. But after you knew I found it suspicious, whether validly or not, you could not come up with anything else. How so? And now you're back to asking random questions.

Let me return to your first point here.

If you find Andrew suspicious, why do you not ask him a question? And why do you ask about my suspicions on Andrew, if you share them?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2011, 12:30:04 pm »

Posting from phone to answer Halmie.  I'll get a real post up in a few hours.
Alright, RVS time.  Halmie.  What did you think when you got your role PM with its implication that everyone is mafia?  Were you confused?
I was confused for a few seconds.
You seem to be trying to paint yourself as a townie by hinting that you got that as role message.
What I'm doing is trying to catch you desperately flailing as you realize "hey, I never got that message, how can I respond without that knowledge oh nooooo".  I guess not, though.

Dariush; what role were you hoping for coming into this game?  Are you disappointed with what you got?
Doing some rolefishing are we? How is he supposed to answer the second part of the question adequately without giving anything away that might help scum?
Dariush is a big boy.  I'm sure he can take care of himself when the big bad Remalle comes and asks him a question.  And you seem to be implying that you somehow know he's not scum...?

Remalle.
omg, u suk

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »

Nilum: Do you prefer to be vanilla mafia or vanilla town?  Why?
Vanilla mafia seems like it'd be more entertaining; town is interesting, though. I certainly need more experience practicing my basic skills. I suppose I'd go with the latter.

I've been a bit less active than I'd like, so I'll just post my general thoughts on everyone:
(In approximate order of scumminess)

Andrew425
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mormota
ansontan2000
Fanofgaming
Remalle

The 'have-not-posted-enough-to-get-a-read' club:
Halmie
Dariush
Jim Groovester

...and I'm interrupted. I'll be back in 5-6 hours, so expect the continuation of my post then. Apologies.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2011, 01:16:18 pm »

Mormota
ansontan2000
Fanofgaming
Remalle

The 'have-not-posted-enough-to-get-a-read' club:
Halmie
Dariush
Jim Groovester

It's nice of you to say my name first, but... Huh?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2011, 02:13:18 pm »

Nilum
First off, deliberately misinterpreting someone!

Or asking an honest question because i'm confused...

Nilum
'Randomly' is a pretty poor metric to choose your target, as a doctor. Why not go for someone who you think is going to be nightkilled? If a cop "appears" (I assume by claiming...) you say you'd protect them, but what if that cop was really scum falseclaiming? You've informed everyone of your plan, and if the mafia decide to no-kill (and you protect the one who's false-claiming cop), you'll assume you've got a confirmed town player! Who's also a cop! What luck!! Practically invulnerable, too!!!
This is a poorly thought-out answer. Worse, as you've got experience, one of the novice players might decide to follow your 'plan' (I hesitate to call it that). You could destroy all hopes of town winning. For the sake of all of us, please don't spread horrible, horrible advice. It's in your best interests to avoid spreading it, too, unless you're scum.

Your sense of logic is atrocious. If you note, I say Randomly if I have no clue but if I do then I try to protect who's most likely to get killed. And yes I would protect the cop. EVERY TIME. It'd be too much of a risk not to. Sure i'm worried about a fakeclaim but hopefully the real cop if their is one would counterclaim. If not we'd have to dissect his story. Their is no other way.

Mormota
Andrew's suspicious actions, he straight-out lied.
Please point me to that place.

Mormota
If you find Andrew suspicious, why do you not ask him a question? And why do you ask about my suspicions on Andrew, if you share them?
That's a deflection if I've ever seen one.

Fanofgaming
Andrew, Why did you think I appeared town? Do you still think that I do?

I thought you appeared town because up to yesterday you were doing everything right a town should do. Then you buddy up with Mormota on his idea that fakeclaiming is a good idea. So no.

Mormota
You point out where I said that right now. Or I will see you hang, liar.

Would you Fakeclaim?
"most definitely"

Your move, scum.

May the mass times acceleration be with you

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2011, 02:45:14 pm »

Mormota

As you wish.

Besides Mormota admitting he's scum?

So let's see what else you got.

Mormota
That's a deflection if I've ever seen one.

If you would note, I answered his question, then pointed out my problems with it.

I could just pull a Dariush and say: My suspicion is that he's scum.

But I know that's not what you meant. Just to point out the most recent of Andrew's suspicious actions, he straight-out lied. Town does not want to incriminate other people, scum do. Yes Andrew, I'm calling you scum.

See? I answered his question.

Mormota
You point out where I said that right now. Or I will see you hang, liar.
Would you Fakeclaim?
"most definitely"

Your move, scum.

Just that, you know, that's not what I said.

You also did not respond to this:

Just to point out the most recent of Andrew's suspicious actions, he straight-out lied. Town does not want to incriminate other people, scum do. Yes Andrew, I'm calling you scum.

Unvote,Mormota
You would claim a role you didn't have so the town wouldn't lynch you?

I believe this is again the same question someone asked already. More specifically, I did. God, why can't people come up with their own questions?

To answer you: If it was LyLO, most definitely. If someone has that role, he'd think I'm scum and probably lynch me anyways. If nobody does, then there's a chance we'll lynch scum.

Two things here: Same thing as to ansontan: You know I find someone asking the same question as someone else scummy, yet you can't find any other question to ask. How so?

Second: I still answered your question.

You are bringing up false, unbacked claims against me and refuse to answer my questions. Andrew425, I find your behaviour a tell-tale sign of being scum. Take that finger of suspicion with the weight of a vote, because unless you clear yourself, you will hang, scum.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:01 pm »

As you wish.

Where?

Just to point out the most recent of Andrew's suspicious actions, he straight-out lied. Town does not want to incriminate other people, scum do. Yes Andrew, I'm calling you scum.

If you had read I had already asked you to point me to the place where I lied.

Two things here: Same thing as to ansontan: You know I find someone asking the same question as someone else scummy, yet you can't find any other question to ask. How so?

Of course I was going to ask that question again, because I couldn't believe that you would say it. Not only did you confirm it (That fakeclaiming is an okay tactic for you) you also say to Remelle that this isn't your first time playing so you don't have any excuses.

Andrew425, I find your behaviour a tell-tale sign of being scum.
OMGUS

To clarify. You say it's OK to fakeclaim =  You are scum.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2011, 03:07:58 pm »

As you wish.
Where?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Seriously? RIGHT BELOW THE LINE YOU QUOTED, I QUOTED YOUR LIE! Please, don't be so thick.

If you had read I had already asked you to point me to the place where I lied.

I even quoted it. Apparently with you, quoting does not mean reading the piece of text quoted. With me, it does.

Of course I was going to ask that question again, because I couldn't believe that you would say it. Not only did you confirm it (That fakeclaiming is an okay tactic for you) you also say to Remelle that this isn't your first time playing so you don't have any excuses.

What would I need excuses for?

OMGUS

To clarify. You say it's OK to fakeclaim =  You are scum.

Lol? First, how was it an OMGUS and second, how does that equation work? I explained my reasoning behind why I would fakeclaim as town, and when. Here, let me quote it for you so you don't have to search for it.

Unvote,Mormota
You would claim a role you didn't have so the town wouldn't lynch you?
To answer you: If it was LyLO, most definitely. If someone has that role, he'd think I'm scum and probably lynch me anyways. If nobody does, then there's a chance we'll lynch scum.

If it wasn't LyLO, then I would probably still do it. A possible scum lynch instead of a certain town lynch? Why would I choose the second?

So now that we got here, answer me, Andrew425, or hang.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 03:10:37 pm »

It's nice of you to say my name first, but... Huh?
Yeah, that would mean that he thinks you're acting scummy. I don't entirely disagree, but I wouldn't say you're in my top three scummiest players at this point. I might have some questions for you a bit later, when I'm done with Andrew.

Mormota

As you wish.

Besides Mormota admitting he's scum?

So let's see what else you got.
You call that a flat-out lie? You said you'd probably fakeclaim at any point if you're about to be lynched. Doing it at LyLO is one thing, but 'just whenever'? Though I agree that it's not the same as admitting you're scum, it's not a lie.

You know I find someone asking the same question as someone else scummy
I don't understand why you find that scummy. Newbish, I'll agree. Moronic, even. Hell, plain lazy. But it's not scummy.

Fanofgaming

I thought you appeared town because up to yesterday you were doing everything right a town should do. Then you buddy up with Mormota on his idea that fakeclaiming is a good idea. So no.
Okay, so you thought I seemed town until I started attacking you. I see. You're also misrepping the hell out of me. I very clearly stated that I can see where Mormota is coming from, but I would never support a fakeclaim from town outside of LyLO. At this point, I'd be perfectly fine with a lynch on Andrew. And don't say that I'm buddying up with Mormota by saying that, because you seem to be just about everyone's top scum read at this point. Congratulations.

PEdit: Oh, look. Mormota has voted for you, Andrew. It looks like you'll probably be our first lynch.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »

I don't understand why you find that scummy. Newbish, I'll agree. Moronic, even. Hell, plain lazy. But it's not scummy.

Because to me it shows he's just trying to emulate people actually scumhunting, and does not feel he can start picking at someone because he knows that someone is town.

You call that a flat-out lie? You said you'd probably fakeclaim at any point if you're about to be lynched. Doing it at LyLO is one thing, but 'just whenever'? Though I agree that it's not the same as admitting you're scum, it's not a lie.

Stating something not true is a lie in my book, whether it's off by far or just a bit. I also explained why I would do it in a situation not LyLO. Of course, since then it turned out that it's actually a bad idea. That hardly makes me SCUM.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »

Fanofgaming

Okay, so you thought I seemed town until I started attacking you. I see.

Wait a second there. That sentence right there puts you in a whole other light. Andrew did not state his opinion changed of you because you "attacked" him. That may be true, but you act as if he said that. He did not. That sentence just gives me this gut feeling you're scum, adding one more "helping" hand to the lynch, ensuring the D1 lynch is Andrew.

I'll be keeping an eye on you, Fanofgaming.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:52 pm »

Fanofgaming

Okay, so you thought I seemed town until I started attacking you. I see.

Wait a second there. That sentence right there puts you in a whole other light. Andrew did not state his opinion changed of you because you "attacked" him. That may be true, but you act as if he said that. He did not. That sentence just gives me this gut feeling you're scum, adding one more "helping" hand to the lynch, ensuring the D1 lynch is Andrew.

I'll be keeping an eye on you, Fanofgaming.
The moment that I started "buddying up", as he'd say (he stole that term from me, by the way),  with you was the same as the moment I started attacking him. Why do you think I asked him that question in the first place? Also, what do you mean by "adding one more 'helping' hand to the lynch"? I legitimately don't understand what you're trying to say by that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18