Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38822 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [7/7, 2/2, 1/1] - Elimination Round - D1
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 11:35:55 am »

Unvote, Nilum, say you are scum, your scumbuddy is in trouble. Do you lynch him to make yourself look better, protect him and risk getting called out for it or try to ignore his predicament?

Fanofgaming, if your scum partner was going to be lynched, would you bus him to look less scummy when there could be a chance that he could be saved?

What did I say about this before? Oh yeah, right.

Dariush, if you were a godfather and a cop investigated you, and came up with town, what would you do if he said it in the thread?
This is the exact opposite side of the situation Halmie asked you about. Why don't you come up with your own questions?

You still did not respond to it, and did it again. Only this time, you asked the same thing worded differently.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

Anston
Please elaborate. By anthill pokers, if there were more than one, how would you choose them?

By anthill pokers I mean the guys who are forcing everyone to post a lot, if there was more then one of them I would then just pick the one I thought most likely to get killed.

Nilum
Andrew, assume you are a doctor, and N1 you save someone and there is no nightkill. The following day, town is trying to lynch the person you saved. Do you claim, or otherwise attempt to deflect suspicion?

I'd definitely consider it, but you'd have to look at in a mathematical point of view, if their was 8 people the following day that would mean that only 2 of them I could account for which means I wouldn't be able to even with the cops help to find scum by attrition. If they were still alive come day 3 and the cop had a result I might claim and be able to narrow down the list of suspects for the cop

Dariush
Andrew, what did you mean by 'only the cop can see the scum'?
As per my understanding of the rules, only the cop can use the night action to determine scum or not. I'm wondering why someone would be in the situation that they suspect a guy as being the cop and then find out he's town through a night action.

Mormota
Andrew, that question was not directed at you. Why did you respond? If you were scum, who would you want your scum partner to be?
I wasn't responding to your question I was trying to wonder what you meant. As I wrote above, to my knowledge, only the cop uses a night action to see if other people are scum or not. If I was scum I would want, barring the ICs, probably Remalle as I have played with him before.

Unvote,Mormota
You would claim a role you didn't have so the town wouldn't lynch you?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 11:51:41 am »

Dariush, if you were doctor, would you protect someone N1?
Considering that scum have the only kill, it is pretty obvious I would protect someone. There's simply no point in doing otherwise.

Dariush, if you were a godfather and a cop investigated you, and came up with town, what would you do if he said it in the thread?
I would do the same thing I would if I was not a godfather and cop investigated me, coming up town. Even if I was regular ol' scum. Yes, I'm looking at you, Remalle.

Andrew, the only way for someone to find a cop during the night is to be the scum and kill him.

Mafia rule #89: people in BMs always count far, far, far, far, FAR too much on the godfather's role. There's a 50% chance of a cop being in game, who can inspect one of the five (since one has been lynched) people who is not him, so with a 50% chance of a godfather existing there's a whopping 1/24 probability of a cop stumbling on a godfather during the N1 inspect. And even then there's still no guarantee that the cop won't be killed during the night (at least a 1/5 probablity) and if he isn't that his claim will be believed by anyone.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »

Mormota
Andrew, that question was not directed at you. Why did you respond? If you were scum, who would you want your scum partner to be?
I wasn't responding to your question I was trying to wonder what you meant. As I wrote above, to my knowledge, only the cop uses a night action to see if other people are scum or not.

It was not my question. Duh.

If I was scum I would want, barring the ICs, probably Remalle as I have played with him before.

Satisfactory.

Unvote,Mormota
You would claim a role you didn't have so the town wouldn't lynch you?

I believe this is again the same question someone asked already. More specifically, I did. God, why can't people come up with their own questions?

To answer you: If it was LyLO, most definitely. If someone has that role, he'd think I'm scum and probably lynch me anyways. If nobody does, then there's a chance we'll lynch scum.

If it wasn't LyLO, then I would probably still do it. A possible scum lynch instead of a certain town lynch? Why would I choose the second?

Considering that scum have the only kill, it is pretty obvious I would protect someone. There's simply no point in doing otherwise.

Would you choose who to protect randomly, or would you try to protect the person who seems best at scumhunting? Perhaps one of the ICs? Yes, I am aware you are an IC in this game, but we're talking about a hypothetical game.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »

Fanofgaming, if your scum partner was going to be lynched, would you bus him to look less scummy when there could be a chance that he could be saved?
If I were scum, then I wouldn't hesitate to bus my partner if he were acting scummy.

Because I'd written most of the post before he had even voted for me. I spent more than the interim 6 minutes composing my message, and even though he voted me before I actually hit 'post', my reasons for questioning Halmie still remained. I'd think it scummy to refrain from questioning someone out of fears of sending a null tell. Do you disagree?
Fair enough, I suppose.

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 12:38:26 pm »

Good morning, everyone.  Let's play a game.  How 'bout a nice game of chess
Remalle
We've played before, how will you apply the techniques we learnt last time to this game?
Um, to play better, I guess?  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "techniques".  Do you mean stuff like scumhunting, because yeah, I'm fairly sure I'll be scumhunting in this game.
Remalle, last BM you claimed Doctor despite being a regular townie. Are you going to retry the same trick again?
Not unless I had to, and before you ask, I don't know yet in what situation I would have to.  Since I only pulled that trick out in the last game, nobody's going to be trusting me with any claims just now, but there is the chance that someone will take my claims at face value just because they don't expect me to try the same gambit twice in a row.
Yes, I'm looking at you, Remalle.
lolwut

Alright, RVS time.  Halmie.  What did you think when you got your role PM with its implication that everyone is mafia?  Were you confused?
Andrew: I'm flattered that you'd pick me as your partner, but do you really think having played together before is the best qualification?  What would your ideal scumbuddy be?
Mormota.  How experienced are you in mafia?
Dariush; what role were you hoping for coming into this game?  Are you disappointed with what you got?
Anson - if you were a roleblocker and somehow knew who the cop and doc were, who would you block and who would you kill?  Would that answer change based on how many people were left in the game, or whether they knew about each other, or in any other circumstances?
Jim, what are your thoughts on Dariush, both as a player and an IC?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45:55 pm »

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)

Please, we need more comedic relief if people continue to be as insane as this.

How 'bout a nice game of chess

I prefer bridge myself.

Mormota.  How experienced are you in mafia?

I played a bit of it IRL and this is my third Beginner's Mafia.

Remalle, do you feel you can accomplish much by spreading your effort among so many people? Or will you only ask follow-up questions where you get something suspicious?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »

Remalle, do you feel you can accomplish much by spreading your effort among so many people? Or will you only ask follow-up questions where you get something suspicious?
A bit of both.  I want to try and figure out people's thought processes and play styles from their answers, thus asking a bunch of people different questions.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »

Remalle,

What do you think of Mormota saying that he would fake claim if it would save him from a lynch?

Fanofgaming,

My read on you is that you are acting fairly town, how will you keep up your appearances?

Jim,

Do you enjoy RVS or is it tiresome for you?

Remalle
Andrew: I'm flattered that you'd pick me as your partner, but do you really think having played together before is the best qualification?  What would your ideal scumbuddy be?

My ideal scumbuddy would be someone who could lead a crusade, you did that fairly well last time and had some good intuition on when or if to claim so someone like you only more experienced and maybe less gutsy.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

Fanofgaming,

My read on you is that you are acting fairly town, how will you keep up your appearances?
It might be a bit too early to claim a town read on someone, but if it looks like I am acting town, then I'm glad to hear that, I guess. I'm just asking and answering questions, which won't be acceptable on its own after the RVS (which should be ending pretty soon, I think). So I guess that means I'll be scumhunting like a police drug dog. May I also request that you bold names when asking a question to someone? Thanks.

Unvote; Andrew, you now have the most votes. What do you think about that? Even though it's early in the game, do you have any reads on anyone yet?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 06:20:23 pm »

Unvote, Nilum, say you are scum, your scumbuddy is in trouble. Do you lynch him to make yourself look better, protect him and risk getting called out for it or try to ignore his predicament?

Mormota, I was not aware that we can't steal other's questions. What if we wanted to ask the same question, but to different people?

Also, Remalle, I would kill the cop and block the doctor at all times, as it would bring less chance of the cop finding out who we are. Then for the next night kill I could take out the doctor.

What did I say about this before? Oh yeah, right.

This is the exact opposite side of the situation Halmie asked you about. Why don't you come up with your own questions?

You still did not respond to it, and did it again. Only this time, you asked the same thing worded differently.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 06:21:43 pm »

Unvote; Andrew, you now have the most votes. What do you think about that? Even though it's early in the game, do you have any reads on anyone yet?

Besides Mormota admitting he's scum? No, everyone else is doing a decent job but then again it is very early into the game.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »

FUUUUUUU, EBWDP, what I meant to say is in the fifth and sixth line of the quote.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »

Andrew, you asked Remalle what he thought about Mormota's saying he'd fakeclaim. Why? Are you trying to buddy up with Remalle? Or perhaps Remalle is your scum buddy?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:21 pm »

Everyone, what would be your favorite role to play in Mafia?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18