Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38831 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [7/7, 2/2, 1/1] - Elimination Round - D1
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 06:36:17 pm »

Oh, yeah. Remalle, you asked a question to everybody except Nilum and myself. What gives? This isn't so much me finding that scummy as it is me feeling left out. :-(
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »

Requesting votecount please.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »

Andrew, you asked Remalle what he thought about Mormota's saying he'd fakeclaim. Why? Are you trying to buddy up with Remalle? Or perhaps Remalle is your scum buddy?

Because i'm genuinely interested Remelle fakeclaimed last game and i'm wondering what he thinks of someone straight up saying that he'd do it if he was about to be lynched.

Everyone, what would be your favorite role to play in Mafia?

I really enjoyed playing as the cop last time so my favourite role would have to be the cop.

Fanofgaming
What is your view on fakeclaiming?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 06:53:53 pm »

Fakeclaiming is a generally serious and dangerous action for town, but if you know that you're town and you're about to be lynched at LyLO, it's better to fakeclaim than it is to just sit there and die... most of the time. You might accidentally draw out the actual holder of the role, but I'd hope that they wouldn't be dumb enough to immediately counterclaim. I would never fakeclaim as town outside of LyLO.
For scum, it's a valid tactic. If I knew for a fact that somebody was fakeclaiming, then yeah, I'd lynch them.
As for Remalle's fakeclaiming, it was in a pretty different context than what Mormota is describing. Remalle was pretty much safe from lynching and he used it to draw the night kill away from Andrew (which was a very good move, by the way).

Andrew, Why did you think I appeared town? Do you still think that I do?

Anson, Your question is completely pointless, to be honest. Asking what someone's favorite role is has nothing to do with the game. To humor you, though, I'll say Doctor.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 07:09:48 pm »

Remalle,
What do you think of Mormota saying that he would fake claim if it would save him from a lynch?
I don't like it.  Too much of a chance of throwing the town into unnecessary confusion just to cover his own ass.
My ideal scumbuddy would be someone who could lead a crusade, you did that fairly well last time and had some good intuition on when or if to claim so someone like you only more experienced and maybe less gutsy.
K then.
I like third party roles, especially the serial killer and cultist.  It's just a different experience, I guess.
Oh, yeah. Remalle, you asked a question to everybody except Nilum and myself. What gives? This isn't so much me finding that scummy as it is me feeling left out. :-(
I'm so sorry  :-\  I ran out of punctuation.
Nilum: Do you prefer to be vanilla mafia or vanilla town?  Why?

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »

Nilum: Do you prefer to be vanilla mafia or vanilla town?  Why?
I'll just go sit in the corner and cry now.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »

Unvote
Halmie, assume you're a cop and town is dead-set on lynching a lurker who you know to be innocent. What would you do? What if instead of a lurker, it were an active pro-town player?
I wouldn't try extra hard to defend the lurker, I couldn't fully guarantee that he is town. If it were an active pro-town player then I might see who is attacking him, though I would suspect mafia to

Alright, RVS time.  Halmie.  What did you think when you got your role PM with its implication that everyone is mafia?  Were you confused?
I was confused for a few seconds.
You seem to be trying to paint yourself as a townie by hinting that you got that as role message.

Dariush; what role were you hoping for coming into this game?  Are you disappointed with what you got?
Doing some rolefishing are we? How is he supposed to answer the second part of the question adequately without giving anything away that might help scum?

Remalle.
Meh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 02:29:07 am »

So, Jim. Let's assume for a second that you're scum. Do you think the fact that you're an IC would give you a massive advantage in remaining undetected?

Being an IC is mostly immaterial to what qualifies me to be one: my skill. My endless, boundless, incomprehensible skill.

As you might imagine, endless, boundless, incomprehensible skill to mere mortal minds is an advantage in most situations. (Except in the situations where it's not.)

Unvote, Nilum, say you are scum, your scumbuddy is in trouble. Do you lynch him to make yourself look better, protect him and risk getting called out for it or try to ignore his predicament?
I would lynch him immediately. Busing is rarely expected.

Bussing is a perfectly good strategy and you shouldn't make assumptions about whether a player will do it not.

Bussing a scummy scum partner is much better in the long term than trying to keep him alive; if you fail and he gets lynched, you're next, if you succeed, you look scummy for rescuing someone who was scummy. Better to get rid of him to make yourself look more like town, since in the end that's all that really matters as scum.

Mormota, Yes I would claim a role if possible, should it make the rerst of the town not lynch me.

There's very rarely any good reason for town to fakeclaim.

Just don't do it, not while I'm watching all of you.

Please, we need more comedic relief if people continue to be as insane as this.

How's about you whine harder.

This is a Beginner's Mafia; flawless questioning is not something you can expect immediately at the outset of the game. If you think people should be asking flawless questions in a Beginner's Mafia, then maybe you might be better suited to games with more experienced players. (I think you're ready.)

Jim, what are your thoughts on Dariush, both as a player and an IC?

Dariush gets a lot of shit he doesn't deserve. He used to suck giant flaming ass but now he's actually pretty good.

As an IC, well, I don't know. I'll wait and see about the kind of job he does.

Jim,

Do you enjoy RVS or is it tiresome for you?

I don't really care one way or the other.

It is frustrating when everybody in the game is at least somewhat skilled, because then nothing happens during the RVS and nobody gets any reads on anybody. If there was some other more effective way to begin the game, I'd be teaching all of you that instead of the RVS.

Your Mother.

What are you hoping to get out of asking a question to everyone? And why this question in particular?

Requesting votecount please.

Anxious about something?

Fakeclaiming is a generally serious and dangerous action for town, but if you know that you're town and you're about to be lynched at LyLO, it's better to fakeclaim than it is to just sit there and die... most of the time. You might accidentally draw out the actual holder of the role, but I'd hope that they wouldn't be dumb enough to immediately counterclaim. I would never fakeclaim as town outside of LyLO.

What.

No.

No it's not.

No it isn't. No it motherfucking isn't.

Fakeclaiming as town is about the worst thing you can do going into a lynch. If you're town and you're getting lynched, then there was probably damn good reason why that's the case, and it's better for the rest of the town if you don't do anything completely and totally fucking stupid like fakeclaim.

Lynches are supposed to be clarifying. If everybody does a good job scumhunting, then lynches will help the town get closer and closer to who the actual scum are. Fakeclaiming to save your scummy ass as town is about the worst thing you can do.

Do not do it. Do not do it ever. Ever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:52 am »

Votecount:

Nilum [1]: Jim Groovester
Remalle [2]: Halmie, Dariush
Andrew425 [3]: Fanofgaming, ansontan2000, Mormota
Halmie [2]: Remalle, Nilum
Mormota [1]: Andrew425

Day ends Monday, 9:00 PM.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 05:17:51 am »

Jim: I want to know everyone's favorite roles to play, as it may have a chance to actually be the role they have, as was proven with Shark last BM.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:26 am »

Correction: Shark claimed several times that he'd love to play Godfather, but he was actually the Roleblocker. Your question remains pointless because most people would answer it the same way regardless of what role they actually are. Even if it were a helpful question, it would boil down to you rolefishing. Good job.

Also, I'm getting the general feeling that Jim doesn't like it when town fakeclaims.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:42 am »

To answer you: If it was LyLO, most definitely. If someone has that role, he'd think I'm scum and probably lynch me anyways. If nobody does, then there's a chance we'll lynch scum.

If it wasn't LyLO, then I would probably still do it. A possible scum lynch instead of a certain town lynch? Why would I choose the second?
Except this is exactly what scum would do. Any fakeclaim is an anti-town move. (well, ninja'd by Jim)
Considering that scum have the only kill, it is pretty obvious I would protect someone. There's simply no point in doing otherwise.

Would you choose who to protect randomly, or would you try to protect the person who seems best at scumhunting? Perhaps one of the ICs? Yes, I am aware you are an IC in this game, but we're talking about a hypothetical game.
Why would I protect randomly when I can save not only the most useful player but also the likeliest one to be attacked? What are you getting at with those questions, Mormota?

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)
No, no, no, NO. This is not how things are done. The only time joke questions like this are accepted is when they are sandwiched between actual useful (or at least as useful as RVS question get) questions at the start of the game.

Remalle, I wanted to be town since this would remove any bias I would feel toward by teammates.

Fanofgaming,

My read on you is that you are acting fairly town, how will you keep up your appearances?
Again, an absolutely wrong and scummy question to ask. It has no answer that won't incriminate the answerer, it gives absolutely no information and it is just frankly a bad idea to claim that you think someone is town, especially while we're still in RVS, since they will no longer feel pressured by you.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2011, 09:32:03 am »

Dariush, if you could choose one scumpartner, who would it be (non IC)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

Mormota, if you were townie and it looked as if you were about to get lynched, would you claim a role? (lol)
No, no, no, NO. This is not how things are done. The only time joke questions like this are accepted is when they are sandwiched between actual useful (or at least as useful as RVS question get) questions at the start of the game.
You act as if that was my only post so far. Hell, you're making it seem like that was the only purposeful thing I put in that post. Is it a crime to throw in a joke after answering questions directed at you? And is it even more of a crime when the aforementioned joke actually serves a purpose? Way to misrep me. My eye = on you.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 10:25:44 am »

Besides Mormota admitting he's scum? No, everyone else is doing a decent job but then again it is very early into the game.

You point out where I said that right now. Or I will see you hang, liar.

(I think you're ready.)

I don't feel very comfortable with myself just yet.

Just don't do it, not while I'm watching all of you.

I thought it'd make sense in that context. I see your point though.

Dariush, if you could choose one scumpartner, who would it be (non IC)

Is there any point to your questions? You're just asking people randomly, ansontan2000. This is our second day of play. Have you not found anyone suspicious yet? Because I do. You and Andrew.

Jim: I want to know everyone's favorite roles to play, as it may have a chance to actually be the role they have, as was proven with Shark last BM.

I hope you realise rolefishing is a scum tactic, and it only ever serves purpose for scum, right? You don't even try to be subtle about it, do you? Think nobody will call you out on it? You're wrong. So tell me, why do you care what people have what roles, scum?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18