Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236063 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #645 on: February 12, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:16:54 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 12, 2012, 08:36:20 pm »

"I hope you'll get to meet him then someday, he'd like you very much I think. He lives in my family's home in the capital. He's retired now, spends most of his days reading his books, and he used to spend a lot of time sitting around with his old war buddies playing chess and telling the same old stories. Though he did that much less, after my sister..." Glaive immediately stops talking as the word sister comes out of his mouth, "I'm sorry that's not something I should be talking about now." Glaive rapidly tries to deflect the conversation away from that area, "It's starting to get cold, and we got training early tomorrow. Perhaps we should turn in for the night?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 12, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »

Some distance away, Powder Miner was hesitating as he looked into the tunnel to the mining areas. The beasts down there were giving him pause. But scared as he was, it would be quick for a miner of his professional skill (he figured) so he hesitantly went down and mined.

Jaxler woke up face in the ground. he got up off the hard ground and realized he was in the mines. Jaxler had absolutely no recollection of last night and had a nasty ace in his head. he saw an empty keg at the end of the tunnel and his crossbow on top. he walked over to make sure his bow wasn't broken. he sighed in relief when he realized it wasn't damaged. then he looked to the other end of the tunnel and saw Powder Miner. he noticed powder bit stressed. Jaxler walked over and said "hay Powder!"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 12, 2012, 09:30:01 pm »

"Whoa! Hey Jaxler, what are you doing here?" Powder Miner stopped in the middle of applying a few soft repeated strokes to the corner of the boulder he was digging out.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 12, 2012, 09:44:08 pm »

The quiet singing gently draws me back to consciousness and I open one of my eyes as she draws the song to a close.

"St-Stiletto?  What... was that song?  It was so.. beautiful..."

I close my eye and snuggle into her side, enjoying the warm softness of her wing and not quite aware that this isn't another dream.

"It is a song one sings to calm their Freundin as they sleep."

Stiletto nuzzles Fluxs' mane and kisses his head

"You are a good... pillow? is that the word?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 12, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

Drifting in a state of only slight-consciousness, I murmur a response.

"Mmm, I think so... You're a good bed... and blanket... and pony..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 12, 2012, 09:54:38 pm »

"well Powder, I woke up with my face in the dirt over there. I really don't know why I'm down here." Jaxler looked around and noticed the tunnel went on as far as his eye could see "Damn Powder did you dig this entire tunnel out?"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:59:07 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 12, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »

"Then rest on me, meine süße Art und Freundin."

Stiletto leans into to place a goodnight kiss on Flux.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:03 pm »

I sleepily return the kiss, murmuring a few last words before sleep claims me for the night.

"Mmm, better... than... last... dream..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 12, 2012, 11:29:10 pm »

"Well, no. I had the other miner's help, but I did carve out a significant portion of the tunnel. I might reach my goal soon. ...I'm a bit worried about digging so much though, what if we breach into those caverns?" Powder Miner sees the barrel of booze. "That barrel might explain why you got down here. You need to be careful about that, Jaxler, you might have got hurt."

((They are friends, game-wise so I will RP mah poneh as being friendly towards yours))

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »

Stiletto places her head back down on Flux and close her eyes

"ja ... viel besser."

((End scene))

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 13, 2012, 12:00:13 am »

Jaxler raises his eyebrow in surprise at powder's concern "I guess I probably should avoid blacking out in the tunnels but if I started thinking when I'm drinking it would kinda defeat the purpose. but seriously Don't worry about me Powder, because if you do you'll be worrying all the time " Jaxler moved over to the barrel of booze and used it as a seat. "so... what's this about a goal?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:06:47 am by jaxler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 13, 2012, 12:06:31 am »

Powder Miner shifted his weight onto his other two legs. "I come from a clan of laborers," at this he gestured to the mark on his cheek "and we mark ourselves with the labor we are talented at. Similar to a cutie mark, but sort of classifies us in our clan. We have a way of classifying skill too. I've always wanted to reach the highest level, that of legends, like my great-uncle before me."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:19 am »

Jaxler laughed a little bit "so, you wan't to become a legend. you plan to have stories of you actions told years after your death. you plan to become a icon of success and a symbol of determination and to never be forgotten in the sands of time." Jaxler paused and started to smile "well, then I can't wait to help you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:52 am »

"Well... really... I just aspire to become one of the best there is. It's a pretty high height, and it might seem a bit arrogant, but I don't care. I just keep working. I like mining anyway."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 239